Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$19.99
11 hrs ago
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$9.96
 
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.96
2 hrs ago
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99
 
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99
 
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99
 
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99
 
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99
 
True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
22 hrs ago
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$41.99
 
Homeland: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #381
levcore levcore is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
levcore's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Worcester, UK
759
2
Default

The price for both of these in HMV in the UK is just 12 each. It seems according to a lot of the opinions on this thread that part 1 isnt worth bothering with in 3D, so im thinking ill just get part 2 in 3D. Is it worth it for that reasonable price tag?
Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

3D FAN

Instagram: levcore

Steelbooks Looking to trade (unsealed): Green Lantern HMV Exclusive, Chronicle Play Exclusive, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1, Enders Game HMV Exclusive.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:10 AM   #382
cryvksr cryvksr is offline
Active Member
 
Oct 2012
2
Default

Part 2 is sort of mediocre, there are some great scenes but it isn't consistent so the dialogue or slow scenes are very cardboard-cutty, but there are some POP OUT! effects and effective depth. I had snatched a Chinese import (surprisingly a legit copy) on eBay and 1 and 2 for $16.50 +shipping. 12 is good for number 2, its a nice 3D conversion. I'd snatch it up.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:04 AM   #383
levcore levcore is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
levcore's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Worcester, UK
759
2
Default

Thanks for your response mate, think i'll pick up 2 today. So you wouldnt say part 1 is worth it at all then?
Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

3D FAN

Instagram: levcore

Steelbooks Looking to trade (unsealed): Green Lantern HMV Exclusive, Chronicle Play Exclusive, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1, Enders Game HMV Exclusive.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #384
cryvksr cryvksr is offline
Active Member
 
Oct 2012
2
Default

I can't say, haven't looked at it yet. :/
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:53 PM   #385
disrember disrember is offline
Active Member
 
Jul 2008
Hove, UK
264
52
1
Default

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Parts 1 and 2 in 3D are currently 10 for both on amazon in the UK.. only for about 60 mins

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...rd_p=353386047
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #386
jwerk jwerk is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
jwerk's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Nakatomi Plaza
154
27
5
35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disrember View Post
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Parts 1 and 2 in 3D are currently 10 for both on amazon in the UK.. only for about 60 mins

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...rd_p=353386047
Great deal, despite the weak 3d.

FYI: The product page says Region: All Regions , but I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere.
Yippee ki yay

Trade Thread
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:11 AM   #387
sookymonster sookymonster is offline
Expert Member
 
sookymonster's Avatar
 
Apr 2012
89
Default

These are about the only 2 in my collection i am yet to watch.

I have seen none of the others so I didnt thnk I could jump right in...
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:35 AM   #388
Paul.R.S Paul.R.S is offline
Special Member
 
Paul.R.S's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Hollywood, California
133
47
2
Default

Even though these are showing up unavailable at the Best Buy Website at all stores in my area (Los Angeles), I continue to find stragglers in various Best Buy stores. This weekend I also saw several copies at Fry's with the "Best Buy Exclusive" sticker on the front--and this is the lenticular slipcover version, not the (general release?) version without the slip. $19.99.

Last edited by Paul.R.S; 02-19-2013 at 01:41 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #389
terrybd terrybd is offline
Junior Member
 
Nov 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.R.S View Post
Even though these are showing up unavailable at the Best Buy Website at all stores in my area (Los Angeles), I continue to find stragglers in various Best Buy stores. This weekend I also saw several copies at Fry's with the "Best Buy Exclusive" sticker on the front--and this is the lenticular slipcover version, not the (general release?) version without the slip. $19.99.
actually, according to the Frys weekly ad (prices good through Thursday 2/21) they are supposed to be selling at $14.99 each.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #390
Paul.R.S Paul.R.S is offline
Special Member
 
Paul.R.S's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Hollywood, California
133
47
2
Default

Re ^^ Thanks for the tip. Frys.com item number 7290033 pulls up an image of the non-slipcase version of Part 1 whereas the other item number in the weekly ad, 7290043, brings up the artwork for the slipcase version of Part 2. Would be interesting to confim in-store if the $14.99 applies to both and the slipcase is irrelevant. I guess my larger point was simply the irony that these "exclusives"--still stickered as such--are still available at other retailers . . . over a year later . . . despite the "moratorium." Speaking of . . .

I just skimmed the whole thread and this sure seems like a sloppy cluster in retrospect. There was all this excitement, anticipation and discussion in October and early November 2011 for these BDs . . . early leaks out of Mexico . . . Best Buy exclusivity versus what's available to you if you buy a Sony BD player . . . Now I see that what I posted about yesterday wasn't new: as early as the month in which these were released "exclusively" to BBY, folks were also finding them at Hastings.

Then the negative 3D reviews after no screeners were made available to BD review sites. Then as early as April 2012 what had a list price of $34.99 was on sale at Best Buy for $9.99. And then this thread kinda fell quiet compared to all the pre-release excitement. Kinda "funny"--as in both "ha ha" and strange. I'm of course speculating but it's almost as though Warner overestimated demand, Best Buy tried to blow them out at about 70% off but one can still find copies on sale for $14.99 over a year later. I don't think Warner's Potter moratorium plans worked out as they perhaps planned. Their own additional Potter releases in 2012 kinda prove that that was just a marketing gimmick.

Last edited by Paul.R.S; 02-19-2013 at 05:21 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:04 PM   #391
Paul.R.S Paul.R.S is offline
Special Member
 
Paul.R.S's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Hollywood, California
133
47
2
Default

P.S. - Duh--I've just had an epiphany: I think I've just been mistaken all along in my understanding of the 3D BDs being BBY exclusives. It's the slipcase itself that was an exclu. There's no exclu content on these (as opposed to the versions with the "Making Of Deathly Hallows" book and the 65-minute BD with two docs).
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #392
terrybd terrybd is offline
Junior Member
 
Nov 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.R.S View Post
Re ^^ Thanks for the tip. Frys.com item number 7290033 pulls up an image of the non-slipcase version of Part 1 whereas the other item number in the weekly ad, 7290043, brings up the artwork for the slipcase version of Part 2. Would be interesting to confim in-store if the $14.99 applies to both and the slipcase is irrelevant. I guess my larger point was simply the irony that these "exclusives"--still stickered as such--are still available at other retailers . . . over a year later . . . despite the "moratorium."
...
the price on the website is $14.99 for each; but its not clear what the product actually is. The artwork for each does match what's listed on the blu-ray.com Warner Bros inventory for non-BB exclusive versions and are 3D and Blu Ray only. The BB exclusives are also listed separately there and were both the full combo: 3D, Blu Ray, DVD. I purchased both from BB when they were first released and, at that time, they were $19.99 each (plus I had a $5 discount coupon, so it was a reasonable deal).

inventory link is: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies...=title&page=34

Last edited by terrybd; 02-20-2013 at 01:42 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #393
terrybd terrybd is offline
Junior Member
 
Nov 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.R.S View Post
P.S. - Duh--I've just had an epiphany: I think I've just been mistaken all along in my understanding of the 3D BDs being BBY exclusives. It's the slipcase itself that was an exclu. There's no exclu content on these (as opposed to the versions with the "Making Of Deathly Hallows" book and the 65-minute BD with two docs).
I seem to remember also that at the time BB was the only one to release the 3D versions which also might be part of what "exclusive" meant (the non-BB 3D versions have release dates of Oct 2012 while the BB ones were Nov 2011).

Also, each did include a bonus disc so it was a 4-disc combo.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #394
Paul.R.S Paul.R.S is offline
Special Member
 
Paul.R.S's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Hollywood, California
133
47
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.R.S View Post
Re ^^ Thanks for the tip. Frys.com item number 7290033 pulls up an image of the non-slipcase version of Part 1 whereas the other item number in the weekly ad, 7290043, brings up the artwork for the slipcase version of Part 2. Would be interesting to confim in-store if the $14.99 applies to both and the slipcase is irrelevant.
Because I can be anal retentive that way and was in the area to go to IKEA for a stand for a new display anyway, I swung back by Fry's. Both 7290033 and 7290043 scanned for $14.99. All of the copies at that location (about 30) had consistent UPCs (a sticker over the original UPC); some had slips, some did not.


Quote:
Originally Posted by terrybd View Post
the price on the website is $14.99 for each; but its not clear what the product actually is. The artwork for each does match what's listed on the blu-ray.com Warner Bros inventory for non-BB exclusive versions and are 3D and Blu Ray only. The BB exclusives are also listed separately there and were both the full combo: 3D, Blu Ray, DVD. I purchased both from BB when they were first released and, at that time, they were $19.99 each (plus I had a $5 discount coupon, so it was a reasonable deal).

inventory link is: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies...=title&page=34
Although I don't think it's contributing to any of my confusion here, no disrespect to the site but I don't rely on what you're calling the site's "inventory" listing for a particular studio to be 100% dispositive/accurate because it does not appear to be SKU-driven in a way that we as end users can see/use. In other words, unless I'm missing them, the SKUs are not part of the database or, if they are, they're not searchable/a part of a title's public listing at the site.

Having said that, what I think happened while I wasn't looking that added to the plethora of Deathly Hallows releases alone is last October 16, 2012's general re-release of Part 1 3D, Part 2 3D and a "Year 7" 2D release of both Parts in a single case. (All of these releases are violative of Warner's own "moratorium" announcement from fall 2011 IIRC.)

The first two of those releases are what I guess you're referring to as the "non-BB exclusives."


Quote:
Originally Posted by terrybd View Post
I seem to remember also that at the time BB was the only one to release the 3D versions which also might be part of what "exclusive" meant (the non-BB 3D versions have release dates of Oct 2012 while the BB ones were Nov 2011).

Also, each did include a bonus disc so it was a 4-disc combo.
But the problem with this is that, per earlier posts in this thread, there were guys finding these purported "exclusives" at stores other than Best Buy in November 2011, way before the general retailer re-release of the "non-BB 3D exclusive versions" of October 2012. Additionally, although the re-releases say "Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray" at your link, if you look under "Discs" on each their respective detailed pages, it says "4 discs."

So my point (and it's really just an observation) FWIW is simply that, unless I've forgotten some details, looking retrospectively at these releases from the perspective of what's on store shelves now and anecdotal reports from other posters, it doesn't appear that there was anything really "exclusive" about these releases: not retailer availability, not 3D, not bonus content, not the slipcase. (Fry's even has copies without the slipcase bearing the "Best Buy exclusive" sticker on the shrinkwrap of the case itself. So that invalidates my theory that it was the slipcase that was the exclusive on the first 3D releases.)

Last edited by Paul.R.S; 02-20-2013 at 10:31 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:25 AM   #395
Paul.R.S Paul.R.S is offline
Special Member
 
Paul.R.S's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Hollywood, California
133
47
2
Default

On another note regarding a true exclu, can anyone who bought the Part 1 BBY exclusive that included a disc promoted to include 65 minutes of bonus content--I think it's two documentaries--comment on the quality of that disc please. It's this one:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Harry-...Blu-ray/23149/

Is the material substantive/interesting or puff pieces? Is it duplicative of any of the material in the "Creating the World Of Harry Potter" docus on the UCEs?
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:01 AM.