Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
CSI: NY - The Final Season (DVD)
$9.99
Rio (DVD)
$5.00
The Dust Factory (DVD)
$9.26
Mirror Mirror (DVD)
$4.99
The Devil Inside (DVD)
$10.78
Miss Dial (DVD)
$10.98
The Simpsons Movie (DVD)
$4.99
Inspector Gadget Megaset (DVD)
$34.99
4 Film Favorites: Sandra Bullock (DVD)
$6.00
In Time (DVD)
$4.99
CSI: Miami: The Final Season (DVD)
$9.99
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: The Thirteenth Season (DVD)
$23.99
Bones: The Complete Eighth Season (DVD)
$19.99
New Tricks: Season 10 (DVD)
$21.99
'80s Comedies Spotlight Collection [The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Fast Times at Ridgemont High] (DVD)
$9.99
That Awkward Moment (DVD)
$14.99
The Green Mile (DVD)
$3.96
The Middle: The Complete Second Season (DVD)
$9.99
Nadia The Secret of Blue Water: Complete Collection (DVD)
$53.79

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Old 01-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-
USA The Official Mondo Macabro Thread

Some very exciting news today from one of the very best cult labels in the United States So, in this thread we will follow all things Mondo Macabro. I will update it shortly with covers and links.

Fantastic label with a very, very exotic catalog, including films from Jesus Franco, Alain Robbe-Grillet, and Claude Mulot, amongst others.

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 10-28-2013 at 04:08 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #2
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

The news:

Quote:
Mondo Macabro is proud to present, for the first time ever on official DVD, 5 classic Alain Robbe-Grillet films!

Coming later this year will be TRANS EUROPE EXPRESS, THE MAN WHO LIES, EDEN AND AFTER (along with its rare alternate version N TAKES THE DICE) and SLOW SLIDINGS OF PLEASURE! These astounding and transgressive arthouse/exploitation hybrids have all been painstakingly remastered in HD. In fact, they look so nice that a BD or two may be a real possibility. No promises, but the option is there! Stay tuned for more details as they come in!
Make a promise I will be upgrading the Italian DVDs immediately. Fantastic news.

Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 01-25-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008
LOTR Auckland, New Zealand (Down Under)

Wow, They look like amazing films.

Dono
Time to overhaul. Out with the old and in with the new: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....34#post8985634

Film Diary: http://letterboxd.com/donovan/films/diary/
Old 03-21-2013, 03:23 AM   #4
Special Member

Aug 2010
France

Now they say the deal on Robbe-Grillet's movies is dead due to some issues with the right holders

Quote:
Things move fast in the wonderful world of “cult” movies.

One week you have an email confirming that your offer for a film has been accepted, the deal is on, and the paperwork is on its way, the next you hear that the deal has been cancelled, with all sorts of nefarious reasons given.

Which is a long winded and slightly bitter way of announcing that the “Rights Holders” – so we were told – have now at the 11th hour cancelled the deal for all of the Robbe Grillet titles.

Obviously we’re pissed off. We think we would have done a good job on them and, let’s be honest, we were championing these films for years in the face of general indifference so feel that we’ve helped to create whatever market might have existed for them.

But we’re big boys and we’ll get over it. And hopefully any of you out there who wanted to buy these won’t suffer too much as we’re sure they will be released at some future time in the US. Just not by us. Seems like we were gazumped by someone with deeper pockets.

Annoying, but like we said above, business is business. Profuse apologies to all for this hiccup. We move on…

- Pete Tombs
(source: http://mondomacabrodvd.blogspot.fr/?zx=6b4d759f92075722)
Old 03-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #5

Dec 2012

I have several of their titles and I would love to see Girl Slaves of Morgana Lafey get a blu release. Watcher in the Attic is classic Nikkatsu pinku.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA

I haven't really seen any of the titles from the past couple years, but my favorite MM titles are Lady Terminator and The Girl Slaves Of Morgana Le Fay. Satanico Pandaemonium is pretty great too.
My Criterion Collection

Please help me acquire these UK slips (in Mint condition): Cross Of Iron, Rasputin The Mad Monk, The Devil Rides Out
Old 09-05-2013, 05:53 AM   #7
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

STREET DATE: October 8, 2013

AMAZON PRE-ORDER
http://www.amazon.com/How-To-Seduce-.../dp/B00E68LUFQ

Quote:
The beautiful Countess Martine de Bressac is released from the expensive asylum where she was incarcerated after castrating her former lover. She returns to her luxurious villa on the coast and goes at once down into her private underground dungeon. It's here that she indulges herself in the perverse sexual practices that give her life meaning, surrounded by the bizarre human statues of her previous victims. Her husband, Charles, feeds his wife's sick fantasies, aware that she is his meal ticket to a life of luxury. He announces that he has a new game for her - they will befriend and seduce the young and virginal daughter of a rich neighbor. But things do not go exactly as planned… Games of decadence and debauchery lead to mayhem and murder. From cult director Jess Franco. His most outrageous film. First ever US release.

Bonus Features:

Brand new transfer from film negative
Interview with writer Alain Petit
Introduction by critic Stephen Thrower
Newly created optional subtitles
Extensive production notes
Mondo Macabro previews
Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 09-05-2013 at 05:57 AM.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:47 AM   #8
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Il Dio serpente a.k.a The Snake God (1970), starring Nadia Cassini, Beryl Cunningham, and Sergio Tramonti.

STREET DATE: DECEMBER 10TH.

AMAZON PRE-ORDER
http://www.amazon.com/The-Snake-God-.../dp/B00FA3QHYU

Quote:
Abandoned by her rich industrialist husband on a remote Caribbean estate, Paola befriends Stella, a beautiful local girl who is an adept of a hidden voodoo cult. The two women become inseparable, sharing their most intimate secrets. All goes well until Paola demands that Stella take her to one of the voodoo ceremonies that she attends every week. There Paola falls under the spell of Djamballa, the powerful snake god, from whose magic there is no escape.
Bonus Features:

Interview With Director
Production notes
Trailer
Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 09-29-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #9

Nov 2012

Unique distributor! I have from Mondo Macabro only "Panic Beats" and it's really nice edition.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #10

Jun 2010
Back Home

The Snake God [on sale for $11.99]. Boulevard Movies DotD.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:42 AM   #11

Feb 2012
semi-rural Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsl76 View Post
I haven't really seen any of the titles from the past couple years, but my favorite MM titles are Lady Terminator and The Girl Slaves Of Morgana Le Fay. Satanico Pandaemonium is pretty great too.
Pretty much the same for me. One of my favorite labels, used to rent & own a lot of their titles till I moved overseas. Since bluray is eating most of my funds I've only picked up the new Francos lately. Everyone here wants them to go blu-ray, but any hopes? If they don't have the resources, wish someone else would release some of their catalog on blu. Not sure if that kind of deal is a possibility.
Lex Luthor: Miss Teschmacher, some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.Miss Teschmacher: Lex, what has chewing gum got to do with the secrets of the universe?Lex Luthor: [sighs] Right, Miss Teschmacher. Right.

P.S. I'm not the best speller

Last edited by billyearle; 02-24-2014 at 06:45 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:48 PM   #12
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

COMING SOON TO DVD:

(Great film!).

Pro-B
Old 04-09-2014, 08:05 PM   #13

Jan 2012
Mississippi

These guys are great. I have quite a few of their DVDs and hope to see them release BDs soon! On a side note: Does anyone know where I can find the same red dvd cases they use? I can't find any markings to indicate who the manufacturer of the cases is... I need some replacements, but I would really like for them to be the exact same color/build. Anyone have any insight? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
"Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them! It gets up and kills! The
people it kills get up and kill!"
Old 04-09-2014, 09:01 PM   #14
Special Member

Aug 2010
France

When I received 2 of their DVDs with broken cases, I searched on eBay and found several boxes in UK.
They ship internationally so you might want to try and check eBay UK maybe.
It was not that long ago. I ordered them last year and they had plenty.

(don't know if that helps)
Old 04-10-2014, 01:17 PM   #15

Jan 2012
Mississippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrente View Post
When I received 2 of their DVDs with broken cases, I searched on eBay and found several boxes in UK.
They ship internationally so you might want to try and check eBay UK maybe.
It was not that long ago. I ordered them last year and they had plenty.

(don't know if that helps)
Thanks for your reply man. I found these: http://server.checkoutstore.com/imag...CASEC-SR-2.jpg

The look VERY close... I hope they are!
"Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them! It gets up and kills! The
people it kills get up and kill!"
Old 04-16-2014, 12:29 AM   #16
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Does anyone have a working email for these guys? I wanted to ask them if they had any plans for Don't Open Till Christmas on Blu-ray, but the email address posted on their website and their Facebook just gets bounced back.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies