Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
The Flintstones (Blu-ray)
$8.99
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
The Bubble 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Magic in the Moonlight (Blu-ray)
$22.79
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Tommy Boy (Blu-ray)
$4.88
Kingpin (Blu-ray)
$14.39
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 01-30-2014, 09:05 PM   #21

Jan 2014
Default Pioneer Elite Won't Paly Discs-- Help!

Hi there-- I acquired my system about 4 years ago and purchased top of the line components, including a Pioneer SC-27 receiver and a Pioneer BDP-09FD Blu-ray player. I have always been annoyed with the player's slow load time, and the fact that it doesn't allow some features (like picture in picture) that my cheap Sony player does. What really is bothering me, though, is that every now and then a particular disc just won't play, even though it plays on the cheap Sony player.

Seems kind of silly to replace a player that I paid over $2000 for, but at this point I don't know what to do. I am really reall dumb when it comes to these things (i.e., not tech-savvy at all), so am kindly soliciting advice on what to do from the esperts (presumably anyone who frequents these forums is pretty knowlegeable). I really just want the best Blu-ray player I can get for playing movies-- I don't need anything fancy with computers or 3-D. I don't even listen to music on it. Just movies. But at this point even though the Pioneer is highly rated it isn't worh it if it can't play all the discs.

Any suggestions on what to do or a replacement?

Thank you!
Old 01-31-2014, 05:45 PM   #22

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibster24 View Post
Hi there-- I acquired my system about 4 years ago and purchased top of the line components, including a Pioneer SC-27 receiver and a Pioneer BDP-09FD Blu-ray player. I have always been annoyed with the player's slow load time, and the fact that it doesn't allow some features (like picture in picture) that my cheap Sony player does. What really is bothering me, though, is that every now and then a particular disc just won't play, even though it plays on the cheap Sony player.

Seems kind of silly to replace a player that I paid over $2000 for, but at this point I don't know what to do. I am really reall dumb when it comes to these things (i.e., not tech-savvy at all), so am kindly soliciting advice on what to do from the esperts (presumably anyone who frequents these forums is pretty knowlegeable). I really just want the best Blu-ray player I can get for playing movies-- I don't need anything fancy with computers or 3-D. I don't even listen to music on it. Just movies. But at this point even though the Pioneer is highly rated it isn't worh it if it can't play all the discs.

Any suggestions on what to do or a replacement?

Thank you!
Have you updated your player with the latest firmware?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders