Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The King and I (Blu-ray)
$10.00
3 hrs ago
Thor: The Dark World 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
10 hrs ago
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Fargo: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
21 hrs ago
Ice Age 4 Movie Set (Blu-ray)
$16.99
8 hrs ago
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$4.99
11 hrs ago
Planet of the Apes: Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
18 hrs ago
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 12-10-2014, 07:24 PM   #1021
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.R.S View Post
(P.S. - Impatient, I recently flipped a copy of The Tenant on DVD. Although I enjoyed it, I think Repulsion is more essential Polanski viewing.)
I hope when Criterion (we all assume) brings THE TENANT to BD they keep both the French and English audio tracks, like the DVD, as both were created by Polanski. I'm not a fan of the actress who dubbed Isabelle Adjani in English, so I prefer to watch all her scenes in the original French with subtitles, but the scenes with the American actors play better in their original English. I would NOT favor a hybrid track, and I'm sure Criterion would never think of creating one, but I do hope they keep both options.
Thanks given by:
octagon (12-10-2014), Paul.R.S (12-10-2014)
Old 12-10-2014, 07:32 PM   #1022
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Quote:
(P.S. - Impatient, I recently flipped a copy of The Tenant on DVD. Although I enjoyed it, I think Repulsion is more essential Polanski viewing.)
I can't watch any Polanski...same way I can't listen to Bill Cosby anymore.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:31 PM   #1023
Special Member

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
Zodiac, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and The Island will have the Warner shield on the artwork because these are Warner co-productions.
Going back a bit, I saw this in response to someone who wanted to see about making sure they got copies with the Par logo on the spine.

It depends on which studio has domestic rights (which typically means they also have home vid). Just because a pic is a (Warner) co-prod doesn't mean it will feature the Warner logo. Typically, the studio listed first in the (domestic) billing block has domestic rights.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:43 AM   #1024
Expert Member

Mar 2013
Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Peter, I can't watch anything with O.J. Simpson in it, although I might grant an exception for CAPRICORN ONE, because I really like that film.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:43 PM   #1025
Special Member

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Luckard View Post
One of my top ten favorite films of all time, and easily my favorite Frankenheimer. I'm disappointed this masterpiece has never found the cult following it deserves. It's a flawless thriller, a fascinating character study, and the most intelligent, insightful look at international terrorism ever produced by Hollywood.
Spun it Thursday night. A thrilling conclusion, with a terrific John Williams score raising the dramatic tension in spades. So many fine actors I recognize in supporting roles.

Odd about the opening credits being non-anamorphic/pillarboxed.
Thanks given by:
James Luckard (12-19-2014)
Old 12-19-2014, 07:51 PM   #1026
Special Member

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

Tired of waiting and a little nervous about how few third party copes are available: Finally bought the Munich: Collector's Edition DVD. Hopefully this will elicit the BD announcement in two months.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:10 PM   #1027
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2010

Quote:
Tired of waiting and a little nervous about how few third party copes are available: Finally bought the Munich: Collector's Edition DVD. Hopefully this will elicit the BD announcement in two months.
I did that two years ago, same thought
Old 12-19-2014, 08:14 PM   #1028
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Spun it Thursday night. A thrilling conclusion, with a terrific John Williams score raising the dramatic tension in spades. So many fine actors I recognize in supporting roles.

Odd about the opening credits being non-anamorphic/pillarboxed.
Paramount has done that with a bunch of catalog titles. I think it's a legal thing, to ensure none of the titles go off the sides on TVs with overscan. It's really irritating. I'm pretty sure their FUNNY FACE BD also has the pillarboxed credits.

I saw BLACK SUNDAY from a DCP at the AFI Fest a couple of years ago, with Robert Evans speaking afterwards, and the pillarboxed opening credits are baked into the HD transfer Paramount did, they were present there, so they'll be that way if we are ever lucky enough to get a BD.

At least the transfer on the existing DVD is surprisingly good, I'm pretty sure the DCP I saw was the same transfer.

Last edited by James Luckard; 12-19-2014 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:15 PM   #1029
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
I'm expecting the BD will be announced in the fall for December 2015, for the 10th anniversary. Of course that's a Universal title.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:23 PM   #1030
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

I suppose with all the crap with the NK hack it puts the kibosh on a domestic Warner distributed TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:55 PM   #1031
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post
I suppose with all the crap with the NK hack it puts the kibosh on a domestic Warner distributed TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE.
I was thinking the same thing. Time to import.
Old Yesterday, 02:45 AM   #1032
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post
The irony? You think the North Korean public will be aware of a blu-ray release when the American public is barely aware of it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors