Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Deadpool 2 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
 
Psycho Biddy Double Feature: Strait-Jacket / Berserk! (Blu-ray)
$8.39
23 hrs ago
Community: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.08
30 min ago
Isle of Dogs (Blu-ray)
$19.96
 
The Incredibles 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.85
 
Jurassic World (Blu-ray)
$7.88
23 hrs ago
Nightwing / Shadow of the Hawk (Blu-ray)
$8.79
 
Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Rick and Morty: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (Blu-ray)
$19.04
 
Shrek 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
21 hrs ago
The Changeling (Blu-ray)
$27.93
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2014, 08:48 PM   #41
The Great Owl The Great Owl is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
The Great Owl's Avatar
 
Dec 2012
Georgia
3051
320
255
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cine74 View Post
Was The Earthling (1980) an MGM/UA release? I'd love a BD of that
I've been begging for a Blu-ray release of The Earthling since I arrived on this site. It's one of my long-lost favorites, and it was never even released on DVD.

I have an "unofficial DVD" that was pulled from a VHS transfer, but this movie deserves a better treatment.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:37 PM   #42
movieben1138 movieben1138 is offline
Special Member
 
movieben1138's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
Saint Louis, MO
5983
662
Default

They just announced The Unforgiven for August on their facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/KinoLorberS...type=1&theater
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unforgiven.jpg (103.6 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by movieben1138; 05-22-2014 at 07:40 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Akijama (05-23-2014)
Old 05-22-2014, 10:17 PM   #43
James Luckard James Luckard is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
James Luckard's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Los Angeles, CA
757
23
Default

I really hope they do JUGGERNAUT from the MGM catalog. Hugely underrated thriller/police procedural from Richard Lester, starring Richard Harris, Omar Sharif, Anthony Hopkins, Ian Holm. Steven Soderbergh is a big fan of it, talks about it in the book he wrote about Richard Lester.
[Show spoiler]
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:29 PM   #44
Musicguy Musicguy is offline
Special Member
 
Musicguy's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
640
148
Default

I hope we see "One, Two, Three" and "Inherit the Wind" also wouldn't mind "The World of Henry Orient"
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:37 PM   #45
AKORIS AKORIS is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
AKORIS's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Beautiful Pacific Northwest
2328
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Luckard View Post
I really hope they do JUGGERNAUT from the MGM catalog. Hugely underrated thriller/police procedural from Richard Lester, starring Richard Harris, Omar Sharif, Anthony Hopkins, Ian Holm. Steven Soderbergh is a big fan of it, talks about it in the book he wrote about Richard Lester.
[Show spoiler]
I actually saw that in the theatre as a kid... and yes, it's a really good film!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:45 PM   #46
James Luckard James Luckard is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
James Luckard's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Los Angeles, CA
757
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKORIS View Post
I actually saw that in the theatre as a kid... and yes, it's a really good film!
Juggernaut often gets unfairly lumped in with the disaster movies of the 70s, which is wildly inaccurate. It's a suspense thriller about a bomb disposal squad on an ocean liner and an excellent police procedural about the cops back on land, led by Anthony Hopkins, whose wife and kids are on the ship, hunting for the mad bomber. Except for a few scenes illustrating the lives of the various passengers on the ship, it's nothing like the soapy disaster movies, much as I love them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:04 PM   #47
AKORIS AKORIS is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
AKORIS's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Beautiful Pacific Northwest
2328
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Luckard View Post
Juggernaut often gets unfairly lumped in with the disaster movies of the 70s, which is wildly inaccurate. It's a suspense thriller about a bomb disposal squad on an ocean liner and an excellent police procedural about the cops back on land, led by Anthony Hopkins, whose wife and kids are on the ship, hunting for the mad bomber. Except for a few scenes illustrating the lives of the various passengers on the ship, it's nothing like the soapy disaster movies, much as I love them.
yes, If I remember correctly the one-sheet artwork makes it look exactly like a disaster flick but your synopsis is dead on. It doesn't have all the cheese of laughable characters and situations that plagued most true disaster films..and it delivers quite a bit of suspense.

It's great to have another studio releasing stuff along the lines of Twilight and Olive... I can't get enough of flicks that I enjoyed seeing growing up...
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:20 AM   #48
SendMoreParamedics SendMoreParamedics is offline
Active Member
 
SendMoreParamedics's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
Midwest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnDoor View Post
Kino seem to be pumping out these MGM/UA titles - it looks like we can expect about 8 a month. I'm very interested to see what they have planned for Sep-Nov, particularly in the way of horror titles. I expect it's them that has Burnt Offerings, and Twilight Time who have Audrey Rose (we should also find out TT's Sep/Oct slate in a couple of weeks). I imagine Kino will go more for 60s-early 70s horror. Might we get the likes of Raw Meat, the Count Yorga films, The Night Stalker/The Night Strangler, perhaps even a few Vincent Price films that Scream might have overlooked for a potential second VP set?
I really hope Kino releases Burnt Offerings. One of the best "haunted house" films and also featuring a wonderful performance from the late, great Karen Black.
"Do you ever wonder about all the different ways of dying? You know, violently? And wonder, like, what would be the most horrible way to die?"

"Small towns are like people: some get old and die a natural death. Some are murdered." - Phantasm II
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
AKORIS (05-23-2014)
Old 05-23-2014, 12:52 AM   #49
jayembee jayembee is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Jul 2010
A Drug-Infested Den
2245
Default

I had posted the following in the general Kino thread, but perhaps it would be better served here:

Quote:
I was thinking about various 1950s/1960s UA titles that I'd love to see on Blu-ray from Kino. Hell, for that matter, I'd be happy if they came from MGM/Fox, or even Twilight Time. This isn't an exhaustive list, but it represents my top-rank wishes:

Birdman of Alcatraz
The Creeping Unknown (The Quatermass Xperiment)
The Defiant Ones
Elmer Gantry
Exodus
The Fortune Cookie
How to Murder Your Wife
Inherit the Wind
Irma la Douce
It! The Terror from Beyond Space
Judgment at Nuremberg
Lilies of the Field
On the Beach
One, Two, Three
Pocketful of Miracles
The Road to Hong Kong
Run Silent, Run Deep
Of course, On the Beach has already been announced for August.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:33 AM   #50
zbinks zbinks is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
zbinks's Avatar
 
Nov 2011
Illinois
2317
481
3
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion Releasing
Kino/Lorber and Scorpion presents another title I suggested for a release, it is THE WICKED LADY, to be available on both BluRay and DVD later this year!

https://www.facebook.com/scorpionrel...type=1&theater
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ddwall (05-23-2014)
Old 05-23-2014, 12:45 PM   #51
ddwall ddwall is offline
Senior Member
 
ddwall's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
1222
10
Default

Kino is on fire. they are surly getting the bulk of my blu-ray budget. Not sure what happen with them? I read they releasing the AIP versions of black sabbath I have that one
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:01 PM   #52
Akijama Akijama is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Oct 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
I'm pretty sure this won't be released under the KL Studio Classics banner.

So, On the Beach and The Unforgiven are also coming in August? These guys are relentless! I haven't seen either one of these films, but being a fan of both, Gregory Peck and Burt Lancaster, I'll probably find both of them quite enjoyable.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:21 PM   #53
zbinks zbinks is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
zbinks's Avatar
 
Nov 2011
Illinois
2317
481
3
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akijama View Post
I'm pretty sure this won't be released under the KL Studio Classics banner.

So, On the Beach and The Unforgiven are also coming in August? These guys are relentless! I haven't seen either one of these films, but being a fan of both, Gregory Peck and Burt Lancaster, I'll probably find both of them quite enjoyable.
Weird, I thought I had posted that in the main Kino thread.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:24 PM   #54
Akijama Akijama is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Oct 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
Weird, I thought I had posted that in the main Kino thread.

Sh!t happens. No biggie.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:30 PM   #55
obscurelabel obscurelabel is offline
Active Member
 
Jul 2011
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicguy View Post
I hope we see "One, Two, Three" and "Inherit the Wind" also wouldn't mind "The World of Henry Orient"
Henry Orient is one of my favorites and a blu would be very welcome. Especially since the picture quality of the MGM DVD is awful.

I haven't kept up with the blu-ray world as closely as I used to; does anyone know if any of the Truffaut films that were released on MGM DVDs would be included in this deal? I'm thinking of The Bride Wore Black, Small Change, and Mississippi Mermaid in particular.

I'm not sure if all of these are still with MGM either, but would very much like to see:

92 in the Shade
Burn!
Cold Turkey
Cotton Comes to Harlem
Drum
Hickey & Boggs
Inserts
Lord Love a Duck
Marat/Sade
Rancho Deluxe
Roadie
Smile
Support Your Local Gunfighter
Support Your Local Sherriff
Welcome to L. A.
Women in Love
Yours, Mine, and Ours
(an old favorite)

Last edited by obscurelabel; 05-23-2014 at 01:32 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:35 PM   #56
willo007 willo007 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
May 2011
4201
9
42
105
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurelabel View Post
Henry Orient is one of my favorites and a blu would be very welcome. Especially since the picture quality of the MGM DVD is awful.

I haven't kept up with the blu-ray world as closely as I used to; does anyone know if any of the Truffaut films that were released on MGM DVDs would be included in this deal? I'm thinking of The Bride Wore Black, Small Change, and Mississippi Mermaid in particular.

I'm not sure if all of these are still with MGM either, but would very much like to see:

92 in the Shade
Burn!
Cold Turkey
Cotton Comes to Harlem
Drum
Hickey & Boggs
Inserts
Lord Love a Duck
Marat/Sade
Rancho Deluxe
Roadie
Smile
Support Your Local Gunfighter
Support Your Local Sherriff
Welcome to L. A.
Women in Love
Yours, Mine, and Ours
(an old favorite)
Roadie is been out through Shout! factory:

  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:55 PM   #57
obscurelabel obscurelabel is offline
Active Member
 
Jul 2011
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willo007 View Post
Roadie is been out through Shout! factory:

Thank you! As I said I have been WAAAY behind in keeping up with the latest blu news
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:38 PM   #58
Akijama Akijama is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Oct 2011
Default

There's a rumor that Criterion may be releasing Burn! on blu-ray. Check this article by Criterion Cast. All films mentioned in it, expect for Fellini's Satyricon and Roma, Europe Europe and Burn! have been released by Criterion. Go figure.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:07 PM   #59
RiFiFi1955 RiFiFi1955 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
RiFiFi1955's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Albany, NY
1117
Default

Anyone want Women in the Window from Kino Classics? I know I do!
Blu-Ray Wish List: Five Graves to Cairo (1943), The Naked Spur (1953), High Sierra (1941), Dodsworth (1936), Roman Holiday (1953), Fingers (1977), Gambit (1966), Arabesque (1966), Twisted Nerve (1968), Minnesota Clay (1964), Blood Link (1982), Targets (1968), Summertime (1955), Waking The Dead (2000), Secret Agent (1936).
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:28 PM   #60
octagon octagon is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
octagon's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
Chicago
1991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiFiFi1955 View Post
Anyone want Women in the Window from Kino Classics? I know I do!
Are you talking about Fritz Lang's The Woman in the Window?

If so, put me down for an enthusiastic hell yes. It might be my favorite Lang (and that's obviously saying something).
And I have been fortunate to escape what has been called “that form of snobbery which can accept the Literature of Entertainment in the Past, but only the Literature of the Enlightenment in the Present.” - Raymond Chandler

'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whor*s all get respectable if they last long enough. - Noah Cross
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:32 AM.