Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Alien: Covenant 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.54
Alien: Covenant (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Mars (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Heat (Blu-ray)
$6.99
The Fifth Element 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Dragon Ball Super: Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Doctor Who: The Complete Seventh Series (Blu-ray)
$19.99
MacArthur (Blu-ray)
$8.08
Smurfs: The Lost Village (Blu-ray)
$19.99
King Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.41
Life (Blu-ray)
$19.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 12-06-2007, 01:47 PM   #1
Special Member

Jul 2007
San Antonio, TX. PSN ID: Cyorg
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyorg
Default "Sony's paying off Michael Bay to promote Blu Ray"

Well, that's what someone at work told me yesterday.
He's a 360 fanboy with the HD DVD add-on, and knows that I have a PS3 and am a Blu Ray supporter. He seemed so sure of himself, and when I asked him to back up his claim, he just said that he was told by a friend, but he knows this has to be true. "Why else would he sabotage his own movie"? I let him know that to me it doesn't seem like he's sabotaging his own movie, but Paramount did, and if anything he's promoting it.
Anyhoo, normally this is a pretty cool guy, but I had to call him out on this.
PS3 - Network ID is Cyorg
Facebook - Van Steel www.facebook.com/van.steel
Old 12-06-2007, 01:48 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007
Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyorg View Post
He's a 360 fanboy with the HD DVD add-on, and knows that I have a PS3 and am a Blu Ray supporter. He seemed so sure of himself, and when I asked him to back up his claim, he just said that he was told by a friend, but he knows this has to be true. "Why else would he sabotage his own movie"? I let him know that to me it doesn't seem like he's sabotaging his own movie, but Paramount did, and if anything he's promoting it.
And who is his friend some one high up in the movie industry or the bag boy at local supermarket?
Blu-Blood Suicidegirl
Pioneer Elite BDP-94HD (Living Room)
Panasonic DMP-BD10 (Bedroom)
PS3 60g (Game Room) Christmas Addition :D
HD DVD - Never got into that bad habit!
Old 12-06-2007, 01:49 PM   #3
Expert Member

Aug 2007
Kitchener, ON

Tell him that since Bay works for Paramount, if Sony was actually paying him to be pro-Blu then that would be illegal. Or at least a breach of contract.

It's probably pretty close to the truth.
Sony Bravia 46" 1080p KDL46EX500
Panasonic DMP-BD55 -- Sony PS3 60GB
Marantz SR-5300 Receiver

http://www.dvdspot.com/list.php?member=The+Guardian
Old 12-06-2007, 01:50 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2006
Ireland

Quote:
When you swallow the red pill it tends to have that effect. Is he someone who would know these things or is he an ordinary Joe?
Panasonic TX-65DX902B + Panasonic TX-60AS650B
Pioneer BDP-450 (region free) & PS4 Pioneer SC-LX85
B&W 805 Naulilus L/R & B&W HTM2 Centre
B&W SM602 S3 (x4) Surround & SVS PB1000 Sub (x2)
Cable: Nordost Red Dawn (av) & Cinemaflex 14/4
Music: Arcam CD72 Arcam Delta 290 Arcam Delta 290p and Pro-ject Debut SEIII
Old 12-06-2007, 01:52 PM   #5
Power Member

Oct 2006

Why do these MS fanidiots refuse to acknowledge the bigger and blatant payofff. MS/Toshiba paid off Paramount/Dreamworks not to release this movie on Blu-ray. Studio heads acknowledge this payoff, and Paramount doesn't deny it. All of a sudden Michael Bay has been paid off for having an opinion about his own movie. Completely silly.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:54 PM   #6
Special Member

Aug 2007

Quote:
I love to hear these sorts of comments, shows how desperate HD-DVD really is.

Last edited by JAGUAR1977; 12-06-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:55 PM   #7
Special Member

Jul 2007
Германия

M.Bay wants to see his movie on Blu-ray, so he can make $$$$$$$

"Sony bribed Bay to say good things about Blu ?!"
.... hahahaha ( Even funny to read )
°-~-*-~-~-*-~-*-~-*-~-*-~-*-~-*-~-*-~-*-°
Itīs a Blu(e) World Now...(^_^)
°-~-*-~-~-*-~-*-~-*-~-*-~-*-~-*-~-*-~-*-°
Old 12-06-2007, 01:58 PM   #8

Aug 2007

Well ironically if these pay-off are happening, it will be a very interesting year again for MS.... I love it when the HD-DVD fanboys talk about Michael Bay like he is a God to release Transformers on HD-DVD, but when he speaks his mind that he thinks Blu-Ray is a better format they crucify him.... LOL They remind me of the worst kind of religious cult, I mean some of the guys on the HD-DVD forum on AVS are ok, but there is a group of them that I am sure are payed off just to spread bullshit, just like that clown that came in here from AVS and posted the false rumors about WB going exclusive to Blu-Ray..
Old 12-06-2007, 01:59 PM   #9
Expert Member

Aug 2007
Kitchener, ON

Someone (Panasonic?) should get in touch with the people in Korea who hold the rights and create the most amazing version of TF, using a full BD50 just for the movie with extras on another, including an English PCM track and make it region-free. Then we can see.

The funniest part is there would be so many international orders, Korea would be 99% in favor of Blu from them hehehe.
Sony Bravia 46" 1080p KDL46EX500
Panasonic DMP-BD55 -- Sony PS3 60GB
Marantz SR-5300 Receiver

http://www.dvdspot.com/list.php?member=The+Guardian
Old 12-06-2007, 02:04 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007
Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guardian View Post
Someone (Panasonic?) should get in touch with the people in Korea who hold the rights and create the most amazing version of TF, using a full BD50 just for the movie with extras on another, including an English PCM track and make it region-free. Then we can see.

The funniest part is there would be so many international orders, Korea would be 99% in favor of Blu from them hehehe.
Why go through all that trouble we know every movie will be out on blu in the next 18 months maybe?
Blu-Blood Suicidegirl
Old 12-06-2007, 02:06 PM   #11
Special Member

Jan 2007
Chicago

Bay wanted the Transformer specs to be different. The limited storage of HD-DVD limited him and he's pissed.

"The DVD looks great" or whatever he said at the end; hinting the DVD is about the same as the HD-DVD.

He wanted to put the BD50 to use and work the 66% more storage capacity.
PS3 60 gig
61" Samsung DLP 1080p HDTV
Center: Yamaha NS-C444
L&Rs: Yamaha NS-777's
Rears: Klipsch S-1 Synergy
Sub: eD A7S - 450
Over 215 BD Movies and counting...
Old 12-06-2007, 02:08 PM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2007

Quote:
Sorry but this is one of the worst posts I have ever seen. Are there rules on posting rumors and crap from someone's mouth who knows nothing? haha

Bay likes Blu Ray, as do many people. I seriously doubt Sony is paying him. He is just outspoken.

Last edited by hc666; 12-06-2007 at 02:13 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:20 PM   #13
Special Member

Jul 2007
San Antonio, TX. PSN ID: Cyorg
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hc666 View Post
Sorry but this is one of the worst posts I have ever seen. Are there rules on posting rumors and crap from someone's mouth who knows nothing? haha

Bay likes Blu Ray, as do many people. I seriously doubt Sony is paying him. He is just outspoken.
I never said anywhere in my post that I believed this to be true. Why would there be a rule about me posting something stupid that a coworker told me? I find the desperation in the HD DVD camp to be funny. Just thought I'd share my experience.
PS3 - Network ID is Cyorg
Facebook - Van Steel www.facebook.com/van.steel
Old 12-06-2007, 02:25 PM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2004
New Jersey

<Swoops in like Superman, lands, and galantly reads the thread>

Well, looks like Jimmy and Lois managed to stay out of trouble this time and figure it out for themselves. My work here is done. Up, up, and BLU-RAY!

"I'm going to beat up the fool who told me them lies." - Eddie Murphy as Mr. T
Proud founder of the blu-bloods.
Use "blu-blood" in your signature and become an elite user.

To be blu-blooded is commitment to the blu-ray technology. We believe other forms of HD media are inferior. Our goal is educate, support and propagate blu-ray.

Creatures of Hard Media
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=43882

Last edited by tron3; 12-06-2007 at 02:46 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:26 PM   #15
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007

That $hit is funny
Pioneer 9G Kuro's 5020 with Elite board swap, KRP500m, Elite 111, Elite 151. Onkyo 706, Polk TSi 5.1 all the way around & 10" sub. Pioneer BD player & Panasonic BD player along with three PS3's, all original 60gig units. 2x Harmony 1100 & 1 Harmony 1000 touch screen remotes. About 1,000 Blu-rays...
My Brother R.I.P. Sep 9, 1980 - (killed) July 23, 2008"Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if you will die today"
Old 12-06-2007, 02:28 PM   #16
Banned

Apr 2007

the hd dvd fans say stupider and stupider stuff every single day, you can tell they are getting desperate. washed up will ferrel and c- comedies like hot rod must not be suiting their fancy, it's such a shame they don't really have too much else exclusive to their format.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:28 PM   #17
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2007

Quote:
I never said anywhere in my post that I believed this to be true. Why would there be a rule about me posting something stupid that a coworker told me? I find the desperation in the HD DVD camp to be funny. Just thought I'd share my experience.
Because he's not a reliable news source

I saw the post title and thought, ok this could be interesting then realized it was just something dumb someone you know said lol

Sorry man, didn't mean to be hard on ya or anything. Just wish all news worthy stuff came from good sources that's all.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:29 PM   #18

Dec 2007
Staten Island NY
Thumbs up Ahh Just Die Hd-dvd and let blu-ray shine

hello all iam new to the forum i am a strong blu-ray supporter. i think that transformers should be released on blu-ray it would look much nicer and Michael bay is not bashing his movie he is bashing the studio for releasing his awesome movie on hd-dvd not blu-ray. hd-dvd is crappy quailty with no class. blu-ray is the top of the mountain and the best thing that ever happened to the movie industry. so what paramount got a payoff big deal so they extended hd-dvds life span for a little bit more big deal. PARAMOUNT WAKE UP AND SWITCH BACK TO BLU-RAY. BLU-RAY WILL WIN AND DESTROY HD-DVD. I will never buy or see another movie by paramount until they swicth back to blu-ray. Money Hungry Basterds. BLU-RAY ALL THE WAY. Thanks For Listening.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:31 PM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2004
New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
That $hit is funny
Nothing funny abou Krypto-fud. It's encrypted so I can't see it coming. My only weakness.

"There's nothing funny about vapor-lock." -Smokin' Joe Namath / The Simpsons.
Proud founder of the blu-bloods.
Use "blu-blood" in your signature and become an elite user.

To be blu-blooded is commitment to the blu-ray technology. We believe other forms of HD media are inferior. Our goal is educate, support and propagate blu-ray.

Creatures of Hard Media
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=43882

Last edited by tron3; 12-06-2007 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:32 PM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007
Miami

I liked the post it shows how much agony awaits the duders next year. And I am loving it!!!!!
Blu-Blood Suicidegirl
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat