Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Equalizer (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Archer: The Complete Season Five (Blu-ray)
$19.99
10 hrs ago
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$34.49
 
American Sniper (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
The Expendables 3 (Blu-ray)
$15.00
1 hr ago
The Lady From Shanghai (Blu-ray)
$8.99
 
The Interview (Blu-ray)
$13.59
 
2015 Allstate Sugar Bowl (Blu-ray)
$14.96
 
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (Blu-ray)
$5.99
 
Massacre Mafia Style (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
The Book of Life 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96
 
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$18.90
 
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2014, 10:44 PM   #1021
Shallow_ Shallow_ is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Shallow_'s Avatar
 
Apr 2007
Norway
165
2853
23
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
Thanks, had found it, but would be helpful to have it in first post here aswell. First Place I thought to look.
Parasound HaloC2 w/Zhd, Rotel RB 993x2 + RMB 1075, Audiovector Sign. Mi3-AV3Ci-Mi1, JVC DLA-HD1, Oppo BDP-95EU Region Free

R.I.P Playcom Oslo/DVD Specialist/Laserworld, you will be missed..
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:54 PM   #1022
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
336
108
26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow_ View Post
Thanks, had found it, but would be helpful to have it in first post here aswell. First Place I thought to look.
I would agree if this were the general Doctor Who thread, but it's for a specific set. You could ask the OP in the TV forum thread to make such a list.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 03:38 AM   #1023
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
336
108
26
Default

Are there screenshot comparisons of Series 5 and 6 between this 1080p, 5 episodes per disc remaster and the original 1080i releases?

I'm trying to decide whether to keep my "complete matt smith" set order just for the remaster and the bonus disc.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 04:50 AM   #1024
ethanwels ethanwels is offline
Junior Member
 
Oct 2011
Default

So too late to get a normal price on this new anymore. I guess they really meant it when they said "limited edition". Frustrates me more to see the UK version of the set is still being sold, though is sadly incompatible with my Sony BDP-S3100 won't play those discs (unless I am mistaken).

Was waiting till Christmas to buy it, oh well...
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:21 AM   #1025
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
336
108
26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanwels View Post
So too late to get a normal price on this new anymore. I guess they really meant it when they said "limited edition". Frustrates me more to see the UK version of the set is still being sold, though is sadly incompatible with my Sony BDP-S3100 won't play those discs (unless I am mistaken).

Was waiting till Christmas to buy it, oh well...
It's been out over a year, not really surprising. The first four seasons are supposed to come out individually sometime next year, and everything after that is already available individually, so at least you're not missing out on any content.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 10:55 PM   #1026
ethanwels ethanwels is offline
Junior Member
 
Oct 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
It's been out over a year, not really surprising. The first four seasons are supposed to come out individually sometime next year, and everything after that is already available individually, so at least you're not missing out on any content.
Okay, I didn't know the first four seasons were coming out on Bluray next year, so then I could by the Matt Smith Years set, and hope to see a 1-4 on Blu sometime after (though not as a set, right?).

Unfortunately, I only became a Doctor Who fan since September, and have been addicted since, so I never had the chance to purchase it last year.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:06 AM   #1027
f451 f451 is offline
Active Member
 
f451's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
Boulder
286
1
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
It's been out over a year, not really surprising. The first four seasons are supposed to come out individually sometime next year, and everything after that is already available individually, so at least you're not missing out on any content.
The same thing was said last year about the individual sets coming out in early 2014. Perhaps someone reversed the polarity of the neutron flow. Have a jelly baby? While I wait for the separate editions, and for some sane compilation of the 50th Anniversary Specials, I'm going over to this police box and arrest myself ...
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:25 AM   #1028
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
336
108
26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by f451 View Post
The same thing was said last year about the individual sets coming out in early 2014. Perhaps someone reversed the polarity of the neutron flow. Have a jelly baby? While I wait for the separate editions, and for some sane compilation of the 50th Anniversary Specials, I'm going over to this police box and arrest myself ...
Steve Manfred has had the inside track on US releases for a long time now. When he says "put off until 2015" I don't think he's lying. Will it get put off yet again? Maybe! Who knows?

If they were more than upscales I would worry about it more, but they're not.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 04:41 AM   #1029
f451 f451 is offline
Active Member
 
f451's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
Boulder
286
1
8
Default

Meanwhile, up in Canada --

Production description indicates "All Regions" but a review differs. *If* it were all regions *and* at Barnes & Noble, that would be fantasic! But such is not the case.

Any word on this set being remastered or some such for US release? Last year it was rumored for this year. This year a repeat of last year.

http://www.amazon.ca/Doctor-Who-Comp...rds=doctor+who

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1500_.jpg
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 07:05 AM   #1030
hariseldon hariseldon is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jul 2010
1
69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by f451 View Post
Meanwhile, up in Canada --

Production description indicates "All Regions" but a review differs. *If* it were all regions *and* at Barnes & Noble, that would be fantasic! But such is not the case.

Any word on this set being remastered or some such for US release? Last year it was rumored for this year. This year a repeat of last year.

http://www.amazon.ca/Doctor-Who-Comp...rds=doctor+who

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1500_.jpg
The UK set pictured is Region Free, but S5-7 and a good number of the extras are 50Hz which won't play on PS3 and quite a few othre Region A players. As far as I know, BN has never sold imported sets.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 03:28 AM   #1031
Pondosinatra Pondosinatra is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Pondosinatra's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Calgary, Alberta
26
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow_ View Post
Just finished season 7 and have 'borrowed' a couple of season 8 episodes off the web...
Season 8 just showed up today and I just finished the 1st episode.

Hmmm. Not sure what to think about the new Doctor. But then again I didn't like Tenant or Smith at first either. We'll see if he grows on me.
Modern
Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 TV
Pioneer BDP-23FD Blu-Ray
Pioneer SC-67 Receiver
Old School
Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020FD TV
Pioneer HLD-X9 Laserdisc Player
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 07:50 PM   #1032
techmattr techmattr is offline
Junior Member
 
Oct 2013
Default

Does anyone know if a list of specials included in this set has been compiled? I'm trying to find out how many of the specials in thetvdb are included in the set. There are quite a few on the discs that aren't listed anywhere. Some of them aren't even in the menus you just have to rip them off the disc.

Here is the list I'm referring to:
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&serie...id=26260&lid=7
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 07:55 PM   #1033
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
336
108
26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by techmattr View Post
Does anyone know if a list of specials included in this set has been compiled? I'm trying to find out how many of the specials in thetvdb are included in the set. There are quite a few on the discs that aren't listed anywhere. Some of them aren't even in the menus you just have to rip them off the disc.

Here is the list I'm referring to:
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&serie...id=26260&lid=7
I've never really kept track of the mini-episodes because I think they're pretty much all a waste of time. However I would guess all the ones originally on the box sets are still on this version of the box sets. Reviews would mention any loss of content, right?

Anyway, just guessing, I bought the sets as they came out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 04:44 AM   #1034
techmattr techmattr is offline
Junior Member
 
Oct 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
I've never really kept track of the mini-episodes because I think they're pretty much all a waste of time. However I would guess all the ones originally on the box sets are still on this version of the box sets. Reviews would mention any loss of content, right?

Anyway, just guessing, I bought the sets as they came out.
Ahh I didn't even think to check the list from previous sets against what I've compiled so far. I'll do that thanks for the idea. This 1-7 set is the first set I've purchased. I've watched on Netflix up until now.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:16 AM   #1035
f451 f451 is offline
Active Member
 
f451's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
Boulder
286
1
8
Default Meanwhile, down under ...

... looks like they're awaiting stock but at least they're listed. Albeit listed as PAL? Still haven't seen US releases of similar separate series in Blu-ray. Gosh darn it.

Series 1

Series 2

Series 3

Series 4

Last edited by f451; Today at 01:27 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:21 AM   #1036
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
336
108
26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by f451 View Post
... looks like they're awaiting stock but at least they're listed. Albeit in PAL. Still haven't seen US releases of similar separate series in Blu-ray. Gosh darn it.
They've been out in AU and NZ this whole time, since the 1-7 set came out. For whatever reason the UK and US companies are waiting to release them, but insiders confirm the plan is to eventually do so.

Also there is no PAL in blu ray, and these are 1080p/24 (even in the UK set).
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:26 AM   #1037
f451 f451 is offline
Active Member
 
f451's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
Boulder
286
1
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
They've been out in AU and NZ this whole time, since the 1-7 set came out. For whatever reason the UK and US companies are waiting to release them, but insiders confirm the plan is to eventually do so.

Also there is no PAL in blu ray, and these are 1080p/24 (even in the UK set).
Are these AU/NZ releases playable on conventional US players?

Looks like some of this is addressed on pg 22 of this thread. Time to wade through the 1000+ messages : )

I note blu-ray.com has place holders for future releases --

Series 1

Series 2

Series 3

Series 4

The Complete Specials

Last edited by f451; Today at 03:40 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:22 AM   #1038
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
336
108
26
Default

I honestly don't know if they're region B locked. Some Doctor Who stuff gets locked, some doesn't. Hopefully someone who owns them can tell you.

The Complete Specials is already out here on blu ray by the way, in case you didn't know. The Next Doctor is upconverted and everything else is native HD.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:19 PM   #1039
WMAangel WMAangel is offline
Senior Member
 
Apr 2009
Midlothian, VA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
The Complete Specials is already out here on blu ray by the way, in case you didn't know. The Next Doctor is upconverted and everything else is native HD.
Yes, the original 1080i VC-1 video/lossy DTS-HR audio release is, but what many people want is an individual release of the remastered 1080p AVC video/DTS-MA lossless audio version that was included in the 1-7 limited set....

Somewhat related: While in a Best Buy last night, I noticed on their BBC sale endcap they had the individual remastered S6 (in a standard case with a slip), but only the original 1080i/cardboard packing version of S5....
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:32 PM   #1040
Rizor Rizor is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Rizor's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
NJ, USA
1381
147
32
99
Default

I don't believe the remastered fifth series was ever released for some reason.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
box set, doctor who, gift set, limited edition, sci-fi

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:18 PM.