COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$129.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
The Wolf of Wall Street (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
The Big Chill (Blu-ray)
$27.59
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Los Angeles Kings: 2014 Stanley Cup Champions (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
24: Live Another Day (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman 3D (Blu-ray)
$30.98
My Week with Marilyn (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Love Lab: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.28
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$7.98
X-Men and the Wolverine Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$99.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Old 11-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
Bickle76 Bickle76 is offline
Member
 
Bickle76's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Default Wireless Home Theater Systems

I could not find any discussion on the subject of a true wireless home theater system, so I've posted this thread....

It seems there aren't many products like this on the market except for Bose, which is very expensive, my range is $1,000 max. Perhaps the technology isn't made yet for my budget.

If anyone knows or heard of any legit systems, your thoughts would be appreciated....
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
onyxbfly onyxbfly is offline
Power Member
 
onyxbfly's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
702
16
40
Default

When you say wireless are you referring to true 5.1 sans wires system or 5.1 withe wireless sub?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #3
Bickle76 Bickle76 is offline
Member
 
Bickle76's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxbfly View Post
When you say wireless are you referring to true 5.1 sans wires system or 5.1 withe wireless sub?

Ideally, just speakers that don't require any wires. Preferably a 5.1 setup. Any components that are not speakers that require power chords and are setup near the tv are fine, thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:01 PM   #4
pentatonic pentatonic is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
pentatonic's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Montreal, Canada
569
1
6
158
Default

To my knowledge, at this time only Aperion makes such systems, and as expected, out of your price range. Also going wireless might make future upgrades difficult since there doesn't seem to be a standard between brands.

Is running speaker wires that complicated for you? There are ways to minimize the unaesthetic side of it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #5
Bickle76 Bickle76 is offline
Member
 
Bickle76's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
To my knowledge, at this time only Aperion makes such systems, and as expected, out of your price range. Also going wireless might make future upgrades difficult since there doesn't seem to be a standard between brands.

Is running speaker wires that complicated for you? There are ways to minimize the unaesthetic side of it.

Running speaker wire is a bit of a hassle for me, I'm sure I could figure it out, but dont want to invest to much time, just want something to carry me the next few years until I get a larger place. I'm not much of an audiophile, I think I would be content with 5.1 for at least 4-5 years.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #6
pentatonic pentatonic is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
pentatonic's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Montreal, Canada
569
1
6
158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickle76 View Post
Running speaker wire is a bit of a hassle for me, I'm sure I could figure it out, but dont want to invest to much time, just want something to carry me the next few years until I get a larger place. I'm not much of an audiophile, I think I would be content with 5.1 for at least 4-5 years.
Well if it is for a few years, but planning on moving, I wouldn't shop for now (unless you go for a cheap HTiB with wireless rears, the harder ones to wire obviously, and upgrade later). I would invest in a good 3.1 system for now and at a later date when you move complete your system. A good 3.1 is surprisingly satisfying and easy to wire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #7
Bickle76 Bickle76 is offline
Member
 
Bickle76's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
Well if it is for a few years, but planning on moving, I wouldn't shop for now (unless you go for a cheap HTiB with wireless rears, the harder ones to wire obviously, and upgrade later). I would invest in a good 3.1 system for now and at a later date when you move complete your system. A good 3.1 is surprisingly satisfying and easy to wire.

3.1 sounds like a good idea. I like a classy design that blends more into the home as opposed to a high-tech look without the grill. I'm gonna do some research. Thanks for the feedback, let me know if you have any 3.1 suggestions....
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #8
pentatonic pentatonic is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
pentatonic's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Montreal, Canada
569
1
6
158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickle76 View Post
3.1 sounds like a good idea. I like a classy design that blends more into the home as opposed to a high-tech look without the grill. I'm gonna do some research. Thanks for the feedback, let me know if you have any 3.1 suggestions....
Are you starting new or already have the receiver? Depending on your future needs you can always start with even a 2.0 system and build up when $ becomes available, that way, in the end, you have a much nicer system. Or even 3.0 if you don't want too much bass for now (depends on your living arrangements)
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #9
Bickle76 Bickle76 is offline
Member
 
Bickle76's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
Are you starting new or already have the receiver? Depending on your future needs you can always start with even a 2.0 system and build up when $ becomes available, that way, in the end, you have a much nicer system. Or even 3.0 if you don't want too much bass for now (depends on your living arrangements)

I have a 2.1 logitech "Z623", 200watts, 130watts sub. I like it except for annoying fact that I have to get up to change volume.

I'm going to look at recievers that are at least 5.1
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #10
pentatonic pentatonic is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
pentatonic's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Montreal, Canada
569
1
6
158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickle76 View Post
I have a 2.1 logitech "Z623", 200watts, 130watts sub. I like it except for annoying fact that I have to get up to change volume.

I'm going to look at recievers that are at least 5.1
Ok so starting new. What is your location though, US?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #11
Bickle76 Bickle76 is offline
Member
 
Bickle76's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
Ok so starting new. What is your location though, US?

Sorry for late response....

Yes, in US
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #12
pentatonic pentatonic is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
pentatonic's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Montreal, Canada
569
1
6
158
Default

Well with Black Friday around the corner I would try and find the best deals (I'm from Canada so don't know where or what will be good) Maybe look at the BF deals section to start.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:09 PM   #13
Bickle76 Bickle76 is offline
Member
 
Bickle76's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
Well with Black Friday around the corner I would try and find the best deals (I'm from Canada so don't know where or what will be good) Maybe look at the BF deals section to start.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, this could be good timing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:36 PM   #14
callas01 callas01 is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
callas01's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Riverside, CA
39
219
47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
To my knowledge, at this time only Aperion makes such systems, and as expected, out of your price range. Also going wireless might make future upgrades difficult since there doesn't seem to be a standard between brands.

Is running speaker wires that complicated for you? There are ways to minimize the unaesthetic side of it.
Aperion has a true 5.1 SS setup, and Dynaudio does have a 2-ch/multi-ch wireless setup, much more expensive that they launched over a year ago.
Video: Panasonic 55" P55ST50, Oppo BDP-103
Amplification: Integra DTR-40.2, Naim Nait XS-2 Integrated, Jolida FX Tube DAC
Speakers: Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210 C, DM 2/6, Energy C-50
Subwoofer:
Hsu VTF-2 MK4, Auralex Subriser

Bedroom: Samsung LNT-4061 40" LCD, Sony BDP-360, XBox 360
Girls room: Vizio 32" VX32L, Sony Upconverting DVD player
Boys room: Samsung 32" LN32B360, Panasonic BD-35k
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Audio Theory and Discussion


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:18 PM.