COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$129.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
The Wolf of Wall Street (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
The Big Chill (Blu-ray)
$27.59
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Los Angeles Kings: 2014 Stanley Cup Champions (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
24: Live Another Day (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman 3D (Blu-ray)
$30.98
My Week with Marilyn (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Love Lab: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.28
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$7.98
X-Men and the Wolverine Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$99.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 07-15-2014, 08:50 PM   #101
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011
(Currently Bangor, PA) But One Day Hopefully Hollywood, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Zombie View Post
My theater is getting this over the weekend. I might check it out.
A local Indie coffee house that shows movies is getting this. It has Begin Again and next month Boyhood.

Only problem is i have no ride there. And the place is just over the hill. But they don't start the showtimes to later at night.
I have a horror script I wrote called "Truth Or Dare" It's very Scream like influenced. If interested in reading it. Please PM me.
My Blu rays for sale Thread

"Sooner or later, I'll do something with my life. And make my mark. But until then, whatever I do is not a waste of time it's all building towards something"
Old 07-16-2014, 01:46 PM   #102
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010

Will be very curious to see how this does this weekend. It's opening in 60 or so theaters. Had it just opened in a few theaters I would have expected a strong average. I think Garden State has enough fans that should come out for this though so I'm expecting a solid turn-out.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:33 PM   #103
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011

Blu-ray.com movie review is up.
Rating: 2/10

Link:
http://www.blu-ray.com/Wish-I-Was-He.../?show=preview
Old 07-17-2014, 07:39 PM   #104
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010
Miami Lakes, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
Blu-ray.com movie review is up.
Rating: 2/10

Link:
http://www.blu-ray.com/Wish-I-Was-He.../?show=preview
Whoa.
"Back off man. I'm a scientist."

15 Favorite Films: 1) Inglourious Basterds 2) Back to the Future 3) The Empire Strikes Back 4) Pulp Fiction 5) Aliens 6) Halloween 7) Jurassic Park 8) Raiders of the Lost Ark 9) The Good, the Bad and the Ugly 10) 2001: A Space Odyssey 11) Star Wars 12) Jaws 13) Shaun of the Dead 14) Singin' in the Rain 15) Taxi Driver
Old 07-17-2014, 07:47 PM   #105
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Zombie View Post
Whoa.
That wasn't much of a review. So I wouldn't trust what they say. And when I say it wasn't much. I mean it was so short.

By bad. I didn't see the rest of the review below it. lol.
I have a horror script I wrote called "Truth Or Dare" It's very Scream like influenced. If interested in reading it. Please PM me.

"Sooner or later, I'll do something with my life. And make my mark. But until then, whatever I do is not a waste of time it's all building towards something"

Last edited by Michael Bay Fan; 07-17-2014 at 07:53 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:50 PM   #106
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bay Fan View Post
That wasn't much of a review. So I wouldn't trust what they say. And when I say it wasn't much. I mean it was so short.
It was actually pretty decent in length. too much more and you risk spoilers. but I agree with the review. but then again I think ZB is kind of a pretentious hack
Old 07-17-2014, 07:53 PM   #107
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
It was actually pretty decent in length. too much more and you risk spoilers. but I agree with the review. but then again I think ZB is kind of a pretentious hack
By bad. I only thought it was one paragraph. But i see it's plenty long.

I liked him on Scrubs though and Oz: The Great and Powerful.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:54 PM   #108
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

That review was a great read and described what I expect from this film.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:13 PM   #109
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011

I already had a bad feeling when I watched the trailer for the first time >>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
I'm a backer of the kickstarter campaign and I don't like the trailer.
It feels so forced.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:08 PM   #110
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2009

This is showing at the art theater near me. I might go see it something this week.
There's something really scary about a guy with a knife who just... snaps
Old 07-19-2014, 05:29 PM   #111
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011

Fail >>>

Reddit Q&A:

Question:
"Hey Zach, my question is about the "Wish-I-Was-Here-Thank-You-Screening". I paid 30$ on your Kickstarter campaign, with the promise that I will be able to see the film online. As I live in europe, the screening was geoblocked in my region. I don't understand that you talked about "those who had problems with the screening" in your mail, because the vhx-team told me that there weren't any problems with the stream, but that the publisher (you?) didn't allow them to show the movie in europe. Why wasn't this issue communicated before the screening or even before the backing itself. Will there be another screening, or what can I await for the money I have paid? Thanks in advance for your response!"

Zach Braff:
"I'm so, so, sorry about that. I want to deliver on my promises to everyone and we are franticly figuring out a solution. To be honest, streaming content globally and geoblocking and each individual foreign country's rules for distribution are a little over my head. And so that one got away from me and caught me by surprise. But rest assured, I will make it right. I will not let you down. Just give me a little time to launch the movie in USA and Canada and then all of my attention will turn to International for August and September. I can't sleep at night if I've let even one of my Backers down for a spilt second, so trust that I'm on it and will do my best to not only fulfill but go above and beyond for each and every one of you. There was some miscommunication, but the buck stops at me. I will make it right. Standby."

Source:
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...about_rampart/

I've read some German articles...the fans are NOT happy.
Via Google Translate (man...Google Translate still has a long way to go... )
>>>

Quote:
Braff did not want to produce about classical ways of financing the film. A system that curtailed his creative freedom, might even have deprived him of the right to the final cut. So he turned to the crowdfunding thoughts. Known, with success. When the film was finally satisfied in the box and Braff's artistic heart, it went to the exploitation of the film. And at this point suddenly proved his will no longer the passionate spirit of experimentation. Instead, he sold last year, the sales rights to the Company WorldView, thus giving the authority to determine the international exploitation of his film in the hands of the old-fashioned, it actually zuwideren system. The system, which Zach Braff deliberately avoided in the financing of fear. Thus should be clarified where the priorities of the former Scrubs - were the beginner actor. Not that I ask him evil. Just plenty of naivety and / or ignorance. He should be in business long enough to know that two such different approaches and philosophies, such as crowdfunding and the classic film exploitation had to lead to friction points inevitably.
Quote:
Sorry, this article is not available in your region

The reality corresponds unfortunately no Zach Braff movie, will be released in the end of the viewers with a catchy tune and a comforting feeling in my stomach. Gut feelings were last week in some backers though quite in the game, but this probably more resembled a George A. Romero Strip, where hordes of zombies is consumed for human flesh. Human flesh, which was Zach Braff's name. A shitstorm did not have to wait long and a wave of indignation spilled over the Kickstarter page, which still came last year on so much enthusiasm. Was not only because of the disappointment of not being able to see the film in spite of payment, but also because finally came with the sale of distribution rights of Braff, the basic idea behind an independent Crowdfunding with feet and thus all skepticism and reservations confirmed.

Even now, a week later, not much change. Braff has officially apologized and they are looking for an adequate replacement rewards. But a sighting before theatrical release, so for many the only reason to support the film, has now become more than unlikely. What remains the dupes? A walk to the cinema, twice to pull the trigger - or wait until after the expiration of any time limits recovery to anyone with anyone by agreeing on how to deal with the annoying network people. Either way, the magic is gone. Even the comforting thought to have been involved despite the trouble for a successful and memorable film la Garden State remains a seemingly denied. From meh to corny, from pathetic to whiny, find the previous critics not necessarily the words you wanted to hear as tormented Crowd Funder actually.
Source:
http://www.moviepilot.de/news/zach-b...ey-back-131385
Old 07-20-2014, 06:22 PM   #112
Suspended

Feb 2012
Pittsburgh

So how is it? It's not playing here yet but I've heard so many mixed reviews.
Films and movies are two different things.

My Blu-Ray wishlist
My small LaserDisc collection
My Criterion
Old 07-20-2014, 07:08 PM   #113
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011

My theater had a poster of this hanging up. So I can only imagine they'll be getting it. They wouldn't have a poster/display for something if they weren't getting it.

Old 07-20-2014, 07:32 PM   #114
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010

Watched this. Wasn't very good. Had some decent moments but they never built on any of those in my opinion. 2.5/5
Favorite Actors/Actresses:
Christian Bale
Emma Stone
Michael Fassbender
Jessica Chastain
Chris Hemsworth
Eva Green
Taylor Lautner
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies