Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$52.99
Justified: The Complete Final Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$94.99
John Wick (Blu-ray)
$14.96
The Wolverine 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Mad Max Anthology (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Bram Stoker's Dracula / Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Malcolm X (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Kick-Ass 2 (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Gattaca (Blu-ray)
$4.96
Jurassic Park (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Autómata (Blu-ray)
$5.00
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-18-2014, 06:31 AM   #601
Expert Member

Nov 2012
Los Angeles
Thumbs down The North Koreans stole my free Blu-ray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt C. View Post
It's starting to look like there's no promotion (game) for The Interview coming out next week either...
I guess we can scratch that thought. Nothing to promote if there's no movie being released.

That blows, 'cause I was about 395 points short of another free BD, and the 2 ticket stubs I was going to submit for this flick would've put me just over the top. Terrorist dicks. You owe me a freakin' Blu-ray!
Collector of stuff...
Old 12-30-2014, 08:21 AM   #602
Expert Member

Nov 2012
Los Angeles
Lightbulb Annie tickets = 400 points

**Talking to myself in here, I know**

Looks like Annie is good for ticket stub points now, if anyone's still playing along here. Again, no corresponding promotional game to go along with it though, which completely blows. Argh!! I wouldn't be surprised if Sony finally folded up shop on the Rewards program altogether the way that they're going - perhaps on March 31st when all of our points expire. But not before I get one (maybe two) last Blu's from them!!
Collector of stuff...
Old 12-30-2014, 02:23 PM   #603
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
The Aphelion

I'm going to see Annie this weekend, so I'll get the points from that. I don't know if I'll be able to redeem for another BD since I got the Weird Al Blu and am stuck at 323.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:29 AM   #604
Expert Member

Nov 2012
Los Angeles
Default The Wedding Ringer ticket stubs...

Next up for movie ticket points is The Wedding Ringer. As is now customary, no promo points for yet another new Sony release, whatsoever. Sad. Annie's already off the board too, if anyone cares...
Collector of stuff...
Old 04-11-2015, 05:49 PM   #605
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2007

Finally after all of this time a decent promotion.

https://www.sonyrewards.com/en/gatew...ent=promo_earn

Buy one of these four eligible Blu-ray's..

Annie (DVD eligible as well)
My Best Friend's Wedding
My Girl
When The Game Stands Tall (DVD eligible as well)

And register the disc by April 21st and you get 500 bonus points. Only eligible for one title you don't get 500 points for registering more than one of the discs.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:21 PM   #606
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsNotBlue View Post

My Best Friend's Wedding
My Girl

And register the disc by April 21st and you get 500 bonus points. Only eligible for one title you don't get 500 points for registering more than one of the discs.
Three of those movies are affected by black crush.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=257809
Old 04-12-2015, 01:32 PM   #607
Power Member

Aug 2008
Washington D.C.

Quote:

My Best Friend's Wedding
My Girl

So is there a universal code for those titles?
Old 04-12-2015, 08:34 PM   #608
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by E55 KEV View Post
So is there a universal code for those titles?
Did you see the page?

It's the UV code.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:21 PM   #609
Power Member

Aug 2008
Washington D.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post
Did you see the page?

It's the UV code.
Thanks. I have an Annie UV Code but it was already used. I got it from a trade.

I did get 100 Points from the Annie DVD UV Code.

Last edited by E55 KEV; 04-13-2015 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:08 PM   #610
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
SE MI.

I gave up on this at least a year ago, but have recently started getting emails again and it seems I have some points left over, around 800. This got me thinking...

Is there any way to give points to someone else now? I tried a year or 2 ago and couldn't do it, was wondering if anything changed (and if so, my points are up for grabs).
Old 04-13-2015, 07:29 PM   #611
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
I gave up on this at least a year ago, but have recently started getting emails again and it seems I have some points left over, around 800. This got me thinking...

Is there any way to give points to someone else now? I tried a year or 2 ago and couldn't do it, was wondering if anything changed (and if so, my points are up for grabs).
No you can't transfer points. But why not just go ahead and use them for SOMETHING at least. They do have a lot of CD's you could choose from for around 800 points. You could at least find something you could gift to someone even if you can't find something you'd want yourself.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:35 PM   #612

May 2015

I think they may have noticed this page. I only get one point per disk.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:19 PM   #613
Expert Member

Nov 2012
Los Angeles
Default Over a year now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torterrafan5676 View Post
I think they may have noticed this page. I only get one point per disk.
Been that way since 3/5/14. Welcome to the (pity) party. This was a pretty good rewards program 'til mid-2014, when they killed off WoF too, followed shortly thereafter by all the interactive games as well). Hopefully you weren't referring to the newer Sony BD releases from the past year or so only getting 1 point now though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcards View Post
(3/5/14): I entered 3 non-unique codes from the list and received 1 point each. Is that normal?
Quote:
(3/5/14): Uhh... NO. That's disconcerting. I think I'm finally able to enter some new (non-unique) codes in just over 2 hours, so I'll chime back in to let you know how I faired on the same.

You sir, are indeed correct. I just entered 3 BDs, and as they went in the brief "30 points" pop-up appeared, but now they're just listed as ONE POINT each in my account transactions. WOAH. I'm hoping this is just a technical glitch that they're going to fix, and not a moving-forward type of change to their rewards...
Collector of stuff...

Last edited by Matt C.; 05-12-2015 at 06:01 AM.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:53 PM   #614
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2007

The rewards program is only worth it if you have a Sony card at this point...yeah.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:57 AM   #615
Expert Member

Nov 2012
Los Angeles
Thumbs down

Quote:
The rewards program is only worth it if you have a Sony card at this point...yeah.
Yep, pretty much. I'll still pull in one free (1,999 point) Blu-ray per year now just with Sony movie tickets and new BD codes (no card), but that's down from about 4 per year that I was getting prior to them shutting everything down last year. A bit more fun still for those with the Sony card though, I'm sure...
Collector of stuff...
Old 05-16-2015, 06:22 PM   #616
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2007

Purchase The Wedding Ringer, 22 Jump Street, Sex Tape or Think Like a Man Too on Blu-ray or DVD. Then register your UltraViolet code to get up to 150 Sony Rewards points.

Old 05-16-2015, 09:52 PM   #617
Power Member

Aug 2008
Washington D.C.

Quote:
Purchase The Wedding Ringer, 22 Jump Street, Sex Tape or Think Like a Man Too on Blu-ray or DVD. Then register your UltraViolet code to get up to 150 Sony Rewards points.

I entered Think Like A Man 2 last month and only got 30 points:

04/13/2015 Think Like a Man Too-(Blu-ray) 30
Old 05-16-2015, 10:58 PM   #618
Expert Member

May 2008

Quote:

Isnt it supposed to be 500 points?? I got an email stating to register one of those titles and get 500 points

I registered it too and was told they would add the points in a few weeks. They changed it on me???

edit:

this is from the email

Quote:
*This 500 Bonus Point Offer Promotion commences on 4/28/15 (12:00am PT) and ends on 5/30/15 (11:59pm PT). To qualify for this Promotion, you must, in the following order, (i) purchase one (1) of the eligible titles, which include The Wedding Ringer, Sex Tape, Think Like a Man Too, and 22 JumpStreet (the ”Eligible Titles”), and then (ii) follow the instructions on the UltraViolet/Sony Rewards insert found in the box of the Eligible Title that you purchased. When registering the UltraViolet code, you must log in to Sony Rewards using your Sony Rewards e-mail and password. In order to earn the 500 Bonus Points, you must register the UltraViolet code between 4/28/2015 (12:00am PT) and 5/30/2015 (11:59pm PT). Disc registrations prior to 4/28/2015 will not be eligible for this Promotion. You may only earn the 500 Bonus Points once; you will not receive an additional 500 points if you purchase/register more than one Eligible Title. This Promotion is a limited one-time offer and may only be used by the person to whom this email is addressed. It is non-transferable, may not be forwarded, distributed or reproduced in any manner, cannot be combined with any other Sony Rewards offers, and is not redeemable for cash. The 500 Bonus Points will be awarded to your account by 6/15/15.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:03 AM   #619
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by E55 KEV View Post
I entered Think Like A Man 2 last month and only got 30 points:

04/13/2015 Think Like a Man Too-(Blu-ray) 30
*Sony Rewards Members will earn a base of 100 points for each DVD registered and 150 points for each Blu-Ray™, which points are awarded to your account at the time you register the DVD/Blu-ray Disc. Disc registrations prior to 4/28/2015 will not be eligible for this promotion.
Old 05-19-2015, 02:00 PM   #620

Nov 2009
Default worth it?

Quote:
Yep, pretty much. I'll still pull in one free (1,999 point) Blu-ray per year now just with Sony movie tickets and new BD codes (no card), but that's down from about 4 per year that I was getting prior to them shutting everything down last year. A bit more fun still for those with the Sony card though, I'm sure...
Yes, it is... If you're disciplined enough (and have comfortable income, just in case) to use it for all your monthly purchases and pay it off, you'll never have to pay much, if anything for any electronics. We also pay several monthly bills with it such as Verizon, Directv and electricity so our bill is hefty every month. Since we've had it we've purchased 3 ps3's, 2 ps4's, 6-8 controllers, 3 headsets, a Vaio laptop, and a Sony DSLR camera with telephoto lens all free with points. We also purchased a 55" 3D TV for points plus $200. Some of these points and products (I'm thinking the $200 lens) came from bonus offers with our card.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America