COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dark Souls II (PS3)
$50.70
NHL 14 (PS3)
$29.61
Rocksmith 2014 Edition (PS3)
$39.99
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3)
$36.70
Disney Infinity (PS3)
$46.31
Battlefield 4 (PS3)
$21.75
FIFA 14 (PS3)
$29.27
WWE 2K14 (PS3)
$23.99
The Walking Dead (PS3)
$19.99
Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS3)
$24.99
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PS3)
$9.99
NBA 2K14 (PS3)
$24.76
Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse (PS3)
$20.42
Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS3)
$30.65
Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
$34.49
Assassin's Creed Ezio Trilogy (PS3)
$19.17
Beyond: Two Souls (PS3)
$19.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)
$20.24
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! (PS3)
$10.41

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 04:08 AM   #2801
Monkey Monkey is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Monkey's Avatar
 
Sep 2006
31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrickG View Post
WHAT!??????????

Get this NOW!!!!!!!
I'm skeptical on the gameplay due to Oblivion (which I gave two chances, once on the 360 then again on the superior PS3 version). At $20 or so I don't mind taking the plunge to check it out, but no way at full price.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:06 AM   #2802
PFrank PFrank is offline
Active Member
 
PFrank's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
190
Default

Here's a question for all you Bethesda fans..

Should I pick up Elders Scrolls 4 and then 5? (I'm waiting for the legendary edition) I'm new to the HD gaming scene and haven't played either. I only own Uncharted 3, Force Unleashed and Dragon Age Origins (which I will buy the UE soon)
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:32 AM   #2803
gotexas872 gotexas872 is offline
Senior Member
 
Jul 2012
1
258
56
Default

I've owned both, but thankfully not simultaneously. If you are a student, employed, or have the slightest bit of social life do not buy both. Just buy Skyrim. It also depends on what difficulty you play it on.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:22 AM   #2804
Icemage Icemage is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jul 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotexas872 View Post
I've owned both, but thankfully not simultaneously. If you are a student, employed, or have the slightest bit of social life do not buy both. Just buy Skyrim. It also depends on what difficulty you play it on.
As someone who owns both ES IV and ES V on PS3, I'd recommend Oblivion over Skyrim on this platform.

PS3 version of Skyrim, even after the many patches, still runs less than optimally. The PS3 version of Oblivion, on the other hand, runs really well aside from the very final battle at the end of the main storyline.

I may hate ES IV's Oblivion Gates with a burning passion, but the rest of the game world is simply better fleshed out than Skyrim's.
PS3: 100+ games, 100+ movies. Pure HD bliss!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #2805
Terjyn Terjyn is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Jul 2007
122
Default

I'd recommend Skyrim over Oblivion. Technical issues aside, Oblivion's leveling system still bug me to this day.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #2806
MerrickG MerrickG is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
MerrickG's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
College Station, TX
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemage View Post
As someone who owns both ES IV and ES V on PS3, I'd recommend Oblivion over Skyrim on this platform.

PS3 version of Skyrim, even after the many patches, still runs less than optimally. The PS3 version of Oblivion, on the other hand, runs really well aside from the very final battle at the end of the main storyline.

I may hate ES IV's Oblivion Gates with a burning passion, but the rest of the game world is simply better fleshed out than Skyrim's.
Icemage, I like you but I have NEVER disagreed with you more than now.

Skyrim is what should be being recommended. It is just a plain better game in every way. The world is better, the interactions better. The sidequests and everything are better.

Plus, the gameplay is LIGHT years better.

The PS3 performance issues have been IMO exagerrated ever so slightly. I played through the entire game and got my platnimum without any major game breaking bugs and this is WELL before they patched it up real well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFrank View Post
Here's a question for all you Bethesda fans..

Should I pick up Elders Scrolls 4 and then 5? (I'm waiting for the legendary edition) I'm new to the HD gaming scene and haven't played either. I only own Uncharted 3, Force Unleashed and Dragon Age Origins (which I will buy the UE soon)
Now having said what I said if you INSIST on playing both I would recommend Oblivion first. I just found it hard to get into Oblivion after experiencing the far better Skyrim. Thats my opinion.
DALLAS MAVERICKS 2011 NBA CHAMPS!!!!

PS gamertag: Merrick97
Xbox 360: Merrick97
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:18 PM   #2807
Icemage Icemage is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jul 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrickG View Post
Icemage, I like you but I have NEVER disagreed with you more than now.

Skyrim is what should be being recommended. It is just a plain better game in every way. The world is better, the interactions better. The sidequests and everything are better.

Plus, the gameplay is LIGHT years better.

The PS3 performance issues have been IMO exagerrated ever so slightly. I played through the entire game and got my platnimum without any major game breaking bugs and this is WELL before they patched it up real well.
We're going to have to agree to disagree. The performance issues in Skyrim, while they are "improved" after the many patches, are still pretty glaring, particularly if you install the DLC. Even under the best of circumstances the game chugs along at around 20-25 frames per second, and in some areas far less. It's not unplayable after patching (pre-patch really is nearly unplayable for me as simply getting to and from my house in Whiterun is like a slideshow), but that sort of performance in a game after several patches is pretty abysmal.

Depending on how you play the game, the game performance can get progressively worse. If you completed each zone only once (as you probably did since you were evidently trying to get a platinum trophy), you probably didn't run into any problems because the issue is accumulative, assuming one of several quests that occasionally just glitched out completely didn't get you.

I actually like the quest lines in Oblivion a lot more than in Skyrim pretty much across the board.

I dumped ~40 hours into Skyrim, enjoyed the first 20 immensely, and then increasingly less so as the game performance slowed to a crawl in heavily visited areas.

I do love the environments in Skyrim, but for someone who hasn't played it, I can't recommend the PS3 version at all; particularly not when the smart money says Bethesda could release an updated version on PS4 that would sidestep all of these issues.
PS3: 100+ games, 100+ movies. Pure HD bliss!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #2808
MerrickG MerrickG is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
MerrickG's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
College Station, TX
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemage View Post
I do love the environments in Skyrim, but for someone who hasn't played it, I can't recommend the PS3 version at all; particularly not when the smart money says Bethesda could release an updated version on PS4 that would sidestep all of these issues.
I could EASILY get behind this and I would buy it IF I could earn the platinum again.

Otherwise, I would just stick to the PC version.
DALLAS MAVERICKS 2011 NBA CHAMPS!!!!

PS gamertag: Merrick97
Xbox 360: Merrick97
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #2809
saprano saprano is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
saprano's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Bronx, New York
309
2
1
Send a message via AIM to saprano
Default

Anybody ever lost lydia? I can't find her. This happened out of nowhere. She was right behind me going up a hill then she was gone. Her bed in whiterun still says owned. I can get another follower to come with me though.

I tried loading where i saved when i last saw her. But she's not there. I looked around the hill where she was following me and don't see a body either. And she's not in the catacombs.
Pioneer Kuro 151FD|Samung 40"
Pioneer Elite SC-37|Onkyo 705
Def Tech speakers/Def Tech Sub
Oppo BDP-103|PS3 phat 60gig|PS3 slim120gig|APC H15
New Addition -SVS SB13 Ultra

Last edited by saprano; 06-09-2013 at 04:24 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #2810
Offender_Mullet Offender_Mullet is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Offender_Mullet's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Illinois
6
4
10
Talking

  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:41 AM   #2811
redxrebellion redxrebellion is online now
Active Member
 
redxrebellion's Avatar
 
Nov 2011
381
72
3
Default

Quick question about the new GOTY edition. I have the first release and bought all 3 DLC packs off PSN so is there any other differences between the two? Is there any content on the new version that you can't get anywhere else?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:04 AM   #2812
MerrickG MerrickG is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
MerrickG's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
College Station, TX
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redxrebellion View Post
Quick question about the new GOTY edition. I have the first release and bought all 3 DLC packs off PSN so is there any other differences between the two? Is there any content on the new version that you can't get anywhere else?
No. Buying the GotY edition would be a waste of money in your case.
DALLAS MAVERICKS 2011 NBA CHAMPS!!!!

PS gamertag: Merrick97
Xbox 360: Merrick97
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #2813
Taipan Taipan is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Oct 2010
Rocky mountain Frontrange
470
4
Default

So I decided to jump back into the game to finish it (about a year later), and I had an unfortunate error code. The game froze, and I had to physically shut the PS3 off. I tried to get back into the game and all of my save files were wiped. I had over 100 hrs in this game, and now they are gone. Lol.

I doubt I start again.
If you are violent you are weak, for violence has no mind.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #2814
JJ JJ is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
JJ's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Miami, FL
118
433
18
49
Send a message via AIM to JJ Send a message via Yahoo to JJ Send a message via Skype™ to JJ
Default

I got back into this for some foolish reason or another after putting 180 hours into my Level 47 guy, then discovered it was fun again by adding DLC and upping the difficulty to Master.
- Orbis non Sufficit
================

Sonus Faber Venere - Epik Empire
Panasonic 65ZT60 - Emotiva XPA-3
Pioneer Elite VSX-03 - Pioneer Elite DV-48 - Sony S790
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:27 PM   #2815
BaerGriggs BaerGriggs is online now
Power Member
 
BaerGriggs's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
Columbia, MO
36
310
12
1
49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
I got back into this for some foolish reason or another after putting 180 hours into my Level 47 guy, then discovered it was fun again by adding DLC and upping the difficulty to Master.
I still need to get around to playing all the DLC..I believe I bought it all during some Steam Summer sale or another and I don't think I've played any of it. Been far too long since I've played this game.
"Oh, and on the off chance there are any astronomy aficionados amongst you, the North Star is that one. Tata." - Dr. King Schultz
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:11 AM   #2816
arc trooper arc trooper is offline
Senior Member
 
arc trooper's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Eau Claire WI
32
140
1
Send a message via Yahoo to arc trooper
Default

always fun to play on the pc with the mods... especially the "realistic" ones where you HAVE TO hunt...sleep and stay warm to survive... ive just started playing again with those mods and it really ups the immersion and depth of the game for sure
GT: ARCx7
PSN: INSANEOFLEX

My Theater thread! check it out! I love answering questions!

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=103617
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:23 PM.