COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Defiance: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$80.76
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.98
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Fargo: Season One (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Legend of Korra - Book One: Air (Blu-ray)
$14.22
Rio 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Mud (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Maleficent (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Captain America: The First Avenger (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Fed Up (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Ring (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2014, 12:56 AM   #1101
hasslein hasslein is offline
Active Member
 
hasslein's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
Chatsworth, CA
202
1136
Default

Well the consensus is bomb scenes make the story more substantial. My favorite scene in the movie is Mendez speech about the bomb at the end of the film (extended only) ... Puts the mutants in Beneath into perspective...

Last edited by hasslein; 08-20-2014 at 10:38 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:03 AM   #1102
BJKH BJKH is offline
Special Member
 
BJKH's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
Canada
130
30
1
Default

So I have watched the first three films so far, and I was wondering if for my first viewing, if I should watch the alternate cuts of the last two films or if I should just watch the theatrical cuts.
"Your Story may not have such a happy beginning, but that doesn't make you who you are. It is the rest of your story, who you choose to be..."

Favourite Movies By Year:
2009: Moon 2010: The Social Network 2011: Hugo 2012: Marvel's The Avengers 2013: The Wolf of Wall Street
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:20 AM   #1103
kidglov3s kidglov3s is offline
Special Member
 
kidglov3s's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJKH View Post
So I have watched the first three films so far, and I was wondering if for my first viewing, if I should watch the alternate cuts of the last two films or if I should just watch the theatrical cuts.
I would recommend watching the theatrical cuts first, so you would get a sense of the franchise as it was seen at the time of its release and (in America save some TV airings of Battle) through into the 2000s.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
BJKH (08-20-2014)
Old 08-26-2014, 05:28 AM   #1104
sarah_wentworth sarah_wentworth is offline
Expert Member
 
sarah_wentworth's Avatar
 
Jun 2014
canada
Default

i didn't even know about extended cuts until now lol. glad i checked this board
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:40 AM   #1105
KaineKinetic KaineKinetic is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
KaineKinetic's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Suffolk County, NY
493
37
9
Send a message via Skype™ to KaineKinetic
Default

These movies have Extended Cuts??????


Are they on the Blu-ray's that were already released in the USA?
My 3DS nickname: Kaine
My 3DS friend code: 2492-4192-0317
WiiU NNID: Kaine_Morrison
XboX Live GamerTag: KaineKinetic
My Selling Page UPDATED 9/17-14
My Selling Page UPDATED 9/17-14
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:36 AM   #1106
kidglov3s kidglov3s is offline
Special Member
 
kidglov3s's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaineKinetic View Post
These movies have Extended Cuts??????


Are they on the Blu-ray's that were already released in the USA?
Yes, along with the theatrical cuts. The alternate cut of Conquest is exclusive to Blu-ray, the extended cut of Battle is on the Blu-ray, the 2006 DVD and the Japanese laserdisc box set.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:08 PM   #1107
sarah_wentworth sarah_wentworth is offline
Expert Member
 
sarah_wentworth's Avatar
 
Jun 2014
canada
Default

DVD Talk says this in the review of the blu ray,

"Better still, this set includes something not seen in more than 35 years: the vastly superior pre-release cut of Conquest of the Planet of the Apes, the Addio, zio Tom of Hollywood sci-fi. Until now, viewers had to content themselves with the still-powerful but heavily compromised theatrical release version. In an age when "Director's Cut" is rarely more than a marketing ploy, this one really is a game-changer."

i've only seen these movies on tv years ago and i have no idea which version of Conquest was shown. i can't wait to see the "directors cut" now
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:45 PM   #1108
baheidstu baheidstu is offline
Power Member
 
baheidstu's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Canada
794
67
25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah_wentworth View Post
DVD Talk says this in the review of the blu ray,

"Better still, this set includes something not seen in more than 35 years: the vastly superior pre-release cut of Conquest of the Planet of the Apes, the Addio, zio Tom of Hollywood sci-fi. Until now, viewers had to content themselves with the still-powerful but heavily compromised theatrical release version. In an age when "Director's Cut" is rarely more than a marketing ploy, this one really is a game-changer."

i've only seen these movies on tv years ago and i have no idea which version of Conquest was shown. i can't wait to see the "directors cut" now
You would have seen the theatrical cut if you saw it on TV. In addition to the "directors cut" being a more fitting ending in that it wasn't compromised, the editing used in the theatrical cut during Caesar's final speech is a bit awkward too, once you have seen the way it was supposed to be.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:17 PM   #1109
blonde_devil blonde_devil is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Apr 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJKH View Post
So I have watched the first three films so far, and I was wondering if for my first viewing, if I should watch the alternate cuts of the last two films or if I should just watch the theatrical cuts.
Always best to see the theatrical cut of any film first in my opinion - see what was put out there for the world to see, then see the better version. With these films, best to come back since there are some changes with #4 that will impact #5.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:20 PM   #1110
popeflick popeflick is offline
Expert Member
 
Jan 2010
136
3
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJKH View Post
So I have watched the first three films so far, and I was wondering if for my first viewing, if I should watch the alternate cuts of the last two films or if I should just watch the theatrical cuts.
The DC of Conquest is the best of any of the sequels by far. But both versions of Battle pretty much reference the theatrical of Conquest heavily so keep that in mind.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:07 AM   #1111
elecrofunk elecrofunk is offline
Active Member
 
elecrofunk's Avatar
 
Aug 2014
In my mind
295
400
Default

Caesar's speech in Conquest is so much better in the original form. i pulls no punches and is more nihilistic for sure, which is exactly in keeping with the mood of this awesome, but mean-spirited movie. One of the darkest 70's films there is.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:50 AM   #1112
Beauvoir Beauvoir is offline
Senior Member
 
Beauvoir's Avatar
 
May 2013
Toronto
284
261
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by elecrofunk View Post
Caesar's speech in Conquest is so much better in the original form. i pulls no punches and is more nihilistic for sure, which is exactly in keeping with the mood of this awesome, but mean-spirited movie. One of the darkest 70's films there is.
Agree.

Finally seeing the original speech blew me away!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:15 AM   #1113
sarah_wentworth sarah_wentworth is offline
Expert Member
 
sarah_wentworth's Avatar
 
Jun 2014
canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baheidstu View Post
You would have seen the theatrical cut if you saw it on TV. In addition to the "directors cut" being a more fitting ending in that it wasn't compromised, the editing used in the theatrical cut during Caesar's final speech is a bit awkward too, once you have seen the way it was supposed to be.
thanks. i've been saving the set to watch but i will soon. can't wait
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Original Planet of the Apes on Blu-Ray? Blu-ray Movies - North America kalby8 6 04-23-2014 09:48 PM
Planet of the Apes - Original and Remake (Amazon.de Exclusive) Germany Kynch 18 01-27-2012 06:24 AM
Planet of the Apes - Original Five United Kingdom and Ireland LordCrumb 0 02-11-2010 08:55 AM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:24 PM.