Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
How to Train Your Dragon (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Mad Max: Fury Road 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Orange Is the New Black: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$14.92
Mulholland Drive (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Lost in Space (Blu-ray)
$129.99
The Blacklist: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ant-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2015, 01:09 AM   #9261
Early Memphis Early Memphis is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Early Memphis's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Texas
713
118
3
102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deto View Post
Without reading through the entire thread could someone tell me if digital copies come with the complete collection or just the individual releases. Thanks.
Instead of "reading through the entire thread", you could probably simply look at the set's page:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Indian...-Blu-ray/3956/
Cop : Just let me handle the questioning, okay? I mean, itís what I do for a living. Thereís gotta be a method to it. Itís psychology. You get him
to lower his guard - one sentence at a time, build a rhythm. Itís a lot like music.
Killer : Break his ****iní legs, heíll give ya a Who concert.

You can only have too much ammo if you're on fire or swimming.

Digital Copies Available. PM Me For A List.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 01:10 AM   #9262
HD Goofnut HD Goofnut is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
HD Goofnut's Avatar
 
May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A.
53
1499
137
133
34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deto View Post
Without reading through the entire thread could someone tell me if digital copies come with the complete collection or just the individual releases. Thanks.
Just with the individual releases.
"I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room... as inevitable as your guilty conscience..."
My Motion Picture Collection
My Vinyl Collection
My VUDU Collection
PSN: HD_Goofnut
World of Tanks: HD_Goofnut
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:18 PM   #9263
genelewisjr genelewisjr is offline
New Member
 
Feb 2011
1
Default

I'm not sure why I placed the Gunga Din / Three Kings response on the Indiana Jones thread.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 03:46 PM   #9264
4EverJohnnyBoy 4EverJohnnyBoy is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
4EverJohnnyBoy's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Long Island, New York
571
297
467
101
25
USA

Excluding the exclusive metalpaks that dropped in January 2015 at Target, the last time the films were released was in December 2013. There's no doubt these will be re-issued again, it's just a matter of when. Presumably it'll be in the weeks leading up to Indy's future sequel/reboot release (release to be announced in the coming years lol.) That being said, I'd be interested to see what (if any) new features will be included and if they'll finally include digital HD redemption for UV users. No more iTunes codes, please! 😉😋
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 03:49 PM   #9265
Gold Ranger Gold Ranger is online now
Suspended
 
Jan 2011
Angel Grove, NY
726
37
13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverJohnnyBoy View Post
Excluding the exclusive metalpaks that dropped in January 2015 at Target, the last time the films were released was in December 2013. There's no doubt these will be re-issued again, it's just a matter of when. Presumably it'll be in the weeks leading up to Indy's future sequel/reboot release (release to be announced in the coming years lol.) That being said, I'd be interested to see what (if any) new features will be included and if they'll finally include digital HD redemption for UV users. No more iTunes codes, please! 😉😋
Rumour has it that there will be a Trailer for Indy 5 attached to The Force Awakens...
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 03:51 PM   #9266
FilmFreakosaurus FilmFreakosaurus is offline
Special Member
 
Apr 2012
Colorado
301
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Ranger View Post
Rumour has it that there will be a Trailer for Indy 5 attached to The Force Awakens...
Just wonderful...


NOT!!!

Hollywood you have no shame!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 03:56 PM   #9267
imsounoriginal imsounoriginal is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
imsounoriginal's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
107
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Ranger View Post
Rumour has it that there will be a Trailer for Indy 5 attached to The Force Awakens...
False. And if there is, it'll just be a glorified Powerpoint with a bunch of title cards promising a 2018 release, if even that.
Top 25 | Aliens | Amadeus | Annie Hall | Casablanca | Chinatown | The Dark Knight | Days of Thunder | Die Hard | Drive | Fargo | The Fugitive | The Godfather, Part II | Goldfinger | Goodfellas | Lawrence of Arabia | The Lord of the Rings | Psycho | Pulp Fiction | Raiders of the Lost Ark | The Shining | The Silence of the Lambs | Star Wars | The Sting | Unforgiven | Zodiac |

2015 list
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 07:34 PM   #9268
Macgyver10 Macgyver10 is offline
Active Member
 
Macgyver10's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
161
Default

If I buy the individual releases (so I can get digital copy) instead of the Complete Set, what am I missing out on? Are they the same discs?
For Trade, PM Me With Offer:
-3 $5 VUDU Credit (From Minions Promo)
-3 Inside Out Insider Access Codes for DMR (Includes 50 DMR Points and unlocks the digital version of the awesome Pixar Studio Tour shown at the event)
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 08:45 PM   #9269
FilmFreakosaurus FilmFreakosaurus is offline
Special Member
 
Apr 2012
Colorado
301
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgyver10 View Post
If I buy the individual releases (so I can get digital copy) instead of the Complete Set, what am I missing out on? Are they the same discs?
You lose the extras disc that's included in the set.

I bought the individual releases because there was no way in hell I'd pay for Crystal Skull.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Macgyver10 (07-25-2015)
Old 07-25-2015, 03:53 PM   #9270
HeavyHitter HeavyHitter is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
HeavyHitter's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
16
Default

I saw a 2K DCP viewing of Raiders last Thursday night at an older, classic theater. Just some thoughts...

The projector image was almost too bright IMO as the contrast looked boosted - more so than how I've watched the movie at home. I didn't care for that look at all.

However, I will say it seemed to have a subtle edge over the Blu-ray in terms of color. I'm fairly certain it was projected with DCI-P3 color gamut which would account for the difference I suspect.

During the movie, there were a few scenes I paid very close attention to - and once I came home I looked at those scenes on the Blu as well as others. The color seemed a bit more "balanced" for lack of better words. The nazi flags outside near the end of the movie where Indy considered blowing up the ark also seemed more red versus the Blu where they have a bit more of an orange-reddish to them. Skin tones seemed a bit more natural on the DCP viewing too. All in all, both versions looked very similar coming from the same source, of course, but the variances in color stood out to me slightly. Again, nothing huge mind you, but caught my eye.

Very nice experience although the screen was not super big and we had to sit further back than I prefered as it was packed. We would have gotten there earlier if I would have known. The theater which probably held a few hundred seats or so was completely sold out! I thought that was very cool. People of all ages were there. Raiders lives on! If it plays next summer, I will return and come earlier. This is one of my very favorite movies and if I were forced to only pick one movie, this would be it.
JVC DLA-RS4810 front projector (ISF pro-cal'd)
Stewart StudioTek 100, CinemaScope 9 foot wide screen
Samsung 51" F5300B plasma (ISF pro-cal'd)
Oppo BDP-980, BDP-983 & BDP-103D Blu-ray player
Denon AVR-X3000 (REW & Audyssey pro-cal'd)
Definitive Technology Pro Monitor 1000 (fronts)
Definitive Technology Pro Monitor 800 (surrounds x 4)
HSU VTF-15H sub

Last edited by HeavyHitter; 07-25-2015 at 05:04 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:42 PM   #9271
schusler schusler is offline
New Member
 
Sep 2010
129
100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverJohnnyBoy View Post
Excluding the exclusive metalpaks that dropped in January 2015 at Target, the last time the films were released was in December 2013. There's no doubt these will be re-issued again, it's just a matter of when. Presumably it'll be in the weeks leading up to Indy's future sequel/reboot release (release to be announced in the coming years lol.) That being said, I'd be interested to see what (if any) new features will be included and if they'll finally include digital HD redemption for UV users. No more iTunes codes, please! 😉😋
I'm pretty sure to say it's inevitable that these will be released again.

Especially since the latter two films were pretty much devoid of extras. I know there is quite a bit of "behind the scenes" stuff for Temple of Doom that's out there.

I really want to see the making of stuff for Last Crusade which seems pretty rare on the interwebz.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:29 PM   #9272
HD Goofnut HD Goofnut is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
HD Goofnut's Avatar
 
May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A.
53
1499
137
133
34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter View Post
I saw a 2K DCP viewing of Raiders last Thursday night at an older, classic theater. Just some thoughts...

The projector image was almost too bright IMO as the contrast looked boosted - more so than how I've watched the movie at home. I didn't care for that look at all.

However, I will say it seemed to have a subtle edge over the Blu-ray in terms of color. I'm fairly certain it was projected with DCI-P3 color gamut which would account for the difference I suspect.

During the movie, there were a few scenes I paid very close attention to - and once I came home I looked at those scenes on the Blu as well as others. The color seemed a bit more "balanced" for lack of better words. The nazi flags outside near the end of the movie where Indy considered blowing up the ark also seemed more red versus the Blu where they have a bit more of an orange-reddish to them. Skin tones seemed a bit more natural on the DCP viewing too. All in all, both versions looked very similar coming from the same source, of course, but the variances in color stood out to me slightly. Again, nothing huge mind you, but caught my eye.

Very nice experience although the screen was not super big and we had to sit further back than I prefered as it was packed. We would have gotten there earlier if I would have known. The theater which probably held a few hundred seats or so was completely sold out! I thought that was very cool. People of all ages were there. Raiders lives on! If it plays next summer, I will return and come earlier. This is one of my very favorite movies and if I were forced to only pick one movie, this would be it.
Wish we could directly compare it to the 4K master struck for the BD.
"I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room... as inevitable as your guilty conscience..."
My Motion Picture Collection
My Vinyl Collection
My VUDU Collection
PSN: HD_Goofnut
World of Tanks: HD_Goofnut
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:35 PM   #9273
Blu Jedi Master Blu Jedi Master is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Blu Jedi Master's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
309
489
197
196
Default

Can you D2D into vudu the Complete Adventures Set?
Samsung UN46F5500, Sony BDP-S590, Roku 3, Sennheiser HDR120
Samsung UN32J5205, Sony BDP-S360, AppleTV 3

Top 10 Blu-rays in My Collection:
1. Gladiator 2. POTC: The Curse of The Black Pearl 3. Casablanca
4. The Lord of The Rings EE 5. The Bourne Trilogy 6. Alien Anthology
7. Band of Brothers 8. Star Trek TOS 9. The Dark Knight Trilogy 10. Ultimate Matrix Collection
"Do or do not... there is no try" -Yoda
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:49 PM   #9274
IndyMLVC IndyMLVC is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
IndyMLVC's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
New York City, NY
2
565
65
465
16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Jedi Master View Post
Can you D2D into vudu the Complete Adventures Set?
No.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:48 PM.