Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Transformers: Age of Extinction (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$22.49
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$123.99
Spartacus: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$108.99
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$14.49
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$75.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$4.88
George Gently, Series 1 (Blu-ray)
$21.99
The Spectacular Now (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$60.59
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Treme: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$23.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 07-05-2014, 08:26 AM   #381
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009

Every time I see this thread bumped I hope that it's an announcement for more seasons or a complete set from Mill Creek.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:46 AM   #382
Special Member

Aug 2011
Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edword View Post
It's funny because I don't think it's just That '70s Show because didn't Mill Creek say they were releasing other shows on BD like Rosanne and such? I don't think those ever materialized either.
I remember an announcement about how they acquired many Carsey-Werner shows, but I think the announcement never said what would be on Blu-ray or DVD. Most of them were released already on DVD, only That '70s Show got Blu-ray treatment. As much as I would love to see Roseanne on Blu-ray, I doubt we will ever get it.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #383
Expert Member

Sep 2009
Discount Motel, Room 304
Default C'mon, Fox. C'mon Carsey Werner!

You guys are talking about this, over a year ago:

Carsey-Werner Comedies Now In Brilliant High Definition

I would buy the complete series in a heartbeat.
Last bought: Memento SteelBook with lenticular slip (Korea)
Biggest wants: Knight and Day SteelBook (Japan), Italian Job (Nordic) - see my collection for trades
Biggest wishes: Breakdown, The Hitcher (1986)
Old 07-08-2014, 01:34 PM   #384

Aug 2010

I emailed them again asking about this show on Blu-ray. Here's my original email:

Hello!

I'm writing to ask if there are any plans to continue releasing That '70s Show on Blu-ray. Your releases of the first two seasons are really great and I would love to have the entire show on a hi-def widescreen format.

I'd also love a complete series set, if possible. It would be easier to just buy it all at once (and would save a lot of shelf space in my collection!).

Whether it's more season set releases or (preferably) a complete series set, I'll keep buying them.

Thanks for your time,
-[me]

And here was the response I got:

Good Morning,

Thank you for again contacting Mill Creek Entertainment with your inquiry. Plans for additional seasons of That 70ís Show on Blu-ray are still under consideration at this time. When a decision is made on the release of these Blu-rays, an announcement will be made on our website when the time is appropriate. Thank you for your patronage and we hope you will continue to consider Mill Creek Entertainment product for your future purchases.

Sincerely,

[Mill Creek logo]

Lyle Goff

Project Manager

Mill Creek Entertainment

lgoff@millcreekent.com

But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:12 PM   #385
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

So in other words, sales still weren't high enough and we won't be seeing them.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:29 AM   #386
Banned

Jun 2014

Season 5 & 6 of THAT 70's SHOW new release date in Germany is September 4th 2014. amazon.de has yet to be updated.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:33 AM   #387
Special Member

Aug 2011
Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edword View Post
So in other words, sales still weren't high enough and we won't be seeing them.
Yes. They are actually probably getting more sales with their DVDs of the show over Blu-ray. I know a lot still won't upgrade to Blu-ray, but if they would just try it once, they would never go back.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:11 AM   #388
Banned

Jun 2014
Germany

WOOOAAA!!! MAN, You're like one of those Idea men, aren't ya Man ?

I am by know means a video or audiophile, I am an everyday person who enjoys high quality shows and blu-rays. I will skip the review about the show because IF you are reading this you know about the plot already.

I was again sent a copy of season 5 & 6 by the production company from Germany.

MENUS:
Has German language but is easy to navigate even if you do not know German by using common sense as to where each section is at. The song playing in background appears to be the song from season 2 and beyond (not the 1st season variant of the theme song. The background is the kids jumping up and down (sorta like the scene bumpers from the tv show) but hidden within the lush color scape.

AUDIO:
Has German & English subs available and 2.0 Master Audio that is true to the original American & German tv broadcasts. The show being dialog driven is very crisp and easy to understand and also the audio pitch is perfect no "PAL speedup" is noticed (on SD & HD material) on the English audio. The music that plays in the background is very crisp and according to Tiberius the music is the same as German tv broadcast, now IF their are music subs I don't know because I watched the episodes and in a few spots I noticed song differences, but not having watched the series during its original broadcast run, I do not know which version (Tiberius or Mill Creek) has the most original music.

VIDEO:
The German episodes are all uncut. Now the German video is 1080i and are superior to the AMAZON + ITUNES and any other cloud versions out there. I found no instances of aliasing or compression artifacts in the German release. When viewing these versus what MILL CREEK put out on DVD is NIGHT & DAY. Tiberius is the clear choice for owning this series on disc. These will not be removed by a cloud service, you will own them and that is ALWAYS the way to go by owning media on discs. KEEP YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDS, MAN!

VIDEO: ---ADDED NOTE--- The Masters for these episodes were found by the German company releasing them to have several errors (which Carsey Warner, ITUNES and Mill Creek missed !!!) But the producer in Germany found the errors nobody in 5 years could and they are all corrected EXCLUSIVELY (as of the day of this review being posted) on these Blu-Ray sets of Seasons 5 & 6

EXTRAS:
These 2 releases contain the same extras as the American DVD versions of Seasons 5 & 6 - EXCEPT - SEASON 6 has a 10 minute+ long BLOOPER REEL (Some funny stuff in there) that Mill Creek's DVD release for that season lacks. - THE 1ST 1000 COPIES COMES WITH SLIPCOVER and those slipcovers are housed under the shrink-wrap, not over it.

ON SCREEN WORDS:
The opening titles are in German and when they list the day and time onscreen it's stylized in German words. Also when there are onscreen words during the scene they are also in German as well. The starting and end credits are all in English.

COVER ART:
Is in German language with big ratings label on front, BUT TIBERIUS is FAR OUT MAN because the covers are reversible so you can reverse the cover art and that ratings label disappears MAN.

CONCLUSION:
Another "FAR OUT" set of releases by TIBERIUS and for any consumer SUPERIOR replacements of your FOX and MILLCREEK DVD versions of Season 5 & 6.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:34 AM   #389
Special Member

Dec 2011
Cincinnati, OH

Sorry if you already answered, but are the German releases locked or region free?
Old 07-15-2014, 02:54 AM   #390
Banned

Jun 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstxanothrxstory View Post
Sorry if you already answered, but are the German releases locked or region free?
Region B Locked, so I advise getting a cheap multi-region player because these releases from season 2-8 are superior to every other presentation out there
Old 07-16-2014, 01:29 AM   #391
Banned

Jun 2014

above review for 5 & 6 seasons has been updated + below also applies to seasons 1 2 3 4

COVER ART:
Is in German language with big ratings label on front, BUT TIBERIUS is FAR OUT MAN because the covers are reversible so you can reverse the cover art and that ratings label disappears MAN.

Last edited by sandijorgens1; 07-16-2014 at 01:35 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:31 PM   #392

Jul 2008
Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_jorgens View Post
These will not be removed by a cloud service, you will own them and that is ALWAYS the way to go by owning media on discs. GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUD, MAN!
Music to my ears. With your permission I will use parts of it as my signature.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America