Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Spider-Man: Homecoming (Blu-ray)
$10.00
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Logan Lucky (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Supernatural: The Complete Twelfth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Despicable Me 3 (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Gotham: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Adventures of Tintin 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Kingsman: The Golden Circle 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 06-15-2009, 02:53 PM   #1
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
Mpls, MN
Default No Blu-ray Release for Night of Creeps? WTF

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...ctors-cut.html

or read below.

SPHE Press Release: Night of the Creeps Director's Cut

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the First Time on DVD
The Campy 1980’s Horror Classic

NIGHT OF THE CREEPS
DIRECTOR’S CUT

Get Your Creep On…
Debuts on DVD October 20th with the Shocking Original Ending!

Culver City, CA (6/15/09) – The screams of horror movie fans have finally been heard as Sony Pictures Home Entertainment unleashes the eagerly awaited 80’s horror comedy NIGHT OF THE CREEPS on DVD for the first time ever this October 20, 2009, featuring the Director’s Cut of this camp classic. Fans can now relive this chillingly entertaining cult classic about a small college town ravaged by killer slugs from outer space as Writer/Director Fred Dekker intended, with the original ending and loaded with killer bonus features including over sixty minutes of all-new Behind-the-Scenes featurettes. Included are “Birth of the Creeps,” in which Dekker discusses the inspiration behind his filmmaking debut; “Cast of the Creeps,” in which actors Jason Lively, Tom Atkins, Steve Marshall and Jill Whitlow reminisce about the making the cult classic; “Creating the Creeps,” in which Make-Up FX Creators David B. Miller and Robert Kurtzman reveal how they brought the slithering slug-like "creeps" to life; “Escape of the Creeps,” exploring the film’s difficult journey to the big screen; “Tom Atkins: Man of Action,” focusing on the career of beloved genre star Tom Atkins and, finally, “Legend of the Creeps” in which cast and crew discuss the film’s enduring cult legacy. Additional bonus features include both of the film’s endings; audio commentaries with Dekker and cast; deleted scenes; original theatrical trailer; a trivia track and footage from the June 2009 cast reunion screening at The Original Alamo Drafthouse Cinema. This Director’s Cut DVD of NIGHT OF THE CREEPS will be available for the suggested price of $19.94.

To appease the CREEPS fans, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and Amazon.com are sponsoring a unique contest in which fans can vote on the film’s final DVD box art. Log on to Amazon.com for more details beginning June 29, 2009.

Synopsis
In this campy chiller, a college couple in 1959, see an object plummet to Earth like a meteor. The boy accidentally swallows a space-slug that shoots out. In 1986, two freshmen roam the campus and stumble across the corpse of the boy who swallowed the space-slug. Once thawed out, the corpse comes to life.

NIGHT OF THE CREEPS marked the feature directorial debut of cult horror director Fred Dekker (RoboCop 3, The Monster Squad), who also wrote the screenplay. It stars Tom Atkins (My Bloody Valentine), Jason Lively (European Vacation), Steve Marshall (Sleeping in a Dream), David Paymer (Drag Me to Hell) and Jill Whitlow (Weird Science). It was released by TriStar Pictures and has a run time of approximately 90 minutes. It is Rated R.

DVD Bonus Material
Audio Commentary with Members of the Cast
Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Fred Dekker
Deleted Scenes
Alternate Ending – Theatrical Version
Original Theatrical Trailer
Trivia Track
6 Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes:
Birth of the Creeps - Writer/Director Fred Dekker discusses his influences and early filmmaking experiences and how NIGHT OF THE CREEPS evolved into his debut feature film.
Cast of the Creeps - Actors Jason Lively, Tom Atkins, Steve Marshall, and Actress Jill Whitlow talk about their experiences on the film, and how they have dealt with the film's enduring cult success over the past 25 years.
Creating the Creeps - Make-Up FX Creators David B. Miller, Robert Kurtzman and others discuss the extensive make-up creations in the film, and how they brought the slithering sluglike "creeps" to life.
Escape of the Creeps - A detailed look into the film's post-production and why the film was barely released to theatres with Writer/Director Fred Dekker, Composer Barry DeVorzon, and Producer Charles Gordon.
Legend of the Creeps - Final words from the cast & crew on the film's enduring cult popularity plus interviews with the film’s biggest fans.
Tom Atkins: Man of Action – A detailed look at the career of Tom Atkins with testimonials from filmmakers he’s worked with over the past thirty years.
Footage from the June 2009 cast reunion screening at The Original Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

DVD Catalog #: 29939
UPC Code: 0-43396-29939-9
SLP: $19.94
Order Date: 9/17/09

Seems they are going thru a lot of trouble but no Blu Ray release. Seems like a waste to me.
Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! These are becoming endangered and should be kept intact. They are part of film history.

Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60 Denon X7200WA, Rotel-1582 mkll
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15, EM-R Oppo BDP-103 Region Free, Pioneer LD CLD-D505

Last edited by PowellPressburger; 06-15-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:37 PM   #2

Dec 2008
Montreal, Canada

This sucks big time. For years I waited for this movie to come out and now that we've moved on to Blu-ray, they only release it on DVD. This would be like releasing a movie only on VHS in the days of DVD. I remember reading an interview with the director last year and he said they were remastering the film for release on DVD and Blu-ray so maybe there might still be a glimmer of hope. Let's cross our fingers!!
My Blu-ray collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...er=themaninblu
Screen: 42" Sharp Aquos
Player: PS3 120GB
Sound: Panasonic 5.1
Old 06-15-2009, 06:57 PM   #3
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

What makes this even more B.S. is that it's a Sony title. Hey Sony, how about supporting your format!
Old 06-15-2009, 07:02 PM   #4

Mar 2006
MO
Thumbs down

Great first it was The Monster Squad now Night of The Creeps is only going to be on DVD! Thinks a lot.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:06 PM   #5
Expert Member

Jan 2009
San Francisco Bay Area

Agreed that it is a shame that this won't be release on blu ray. However I am very excited nonetheless this is being finally release on DVD. Looks like many cult favorites are being release exclusive to DVD only.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:55 AM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
Mpls, MN

Too bad that SONY seems to be making great strides in the release of the DVD version but sad that they can't release it on Blu ray at the same time. They won't get a double dip from me. I won't buy the standard DVD version. I have waited a long time for the DVD I can wait longer for the BD release.
Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! These are becoming endangered and should be kept intact. They are part of film history.

Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60 Denon X7200WA, Rotel-1582 mkll
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15, EM-R Oppo BDP-103 Region Free, Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Old 06-16-2009, 05:02 AM   #7
Expert Member

Jan 2009
San Francisco Bay Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowellPressburger View Post
Too bad that SONY seems to be making great strides in the release of the DVD version but sad that they can't release it on Blu ray at the same time. They won't get a double dip from me. I won't buy the standard DVD version. I have waited a long time for the DVD I can wait longer for the BD release.
Only problem is, Sony may never release it on blu ray.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:00 AM   #8
Expert Member

Dec 2007

I am guessing it must be the director or someone with the films making that does not want a blu-ray made?? for what ever reason.

I do not think it is Sony, they would put everything they had on blu-ray if they could, I think.

It has to be something with "Distribution Rights".
Also a Member of H.D.F.
http://www.facebook.com/blu.jawa
My Twitter is @Blu_Jawa
Old 06-16-2009, 11:34 AM   #9

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyteddy View Post
Agreed that it is a shame that this won't be release on blu ray. However I am very excited nonetheless this is being finally release on DVD. Looks like many cult favorites are being release exclusive to DVD only.
Thank you for making that point. While I too agree that it would be great to have this film on Blu-Ray, I am grateful to be getting it in any form at all -- and a pretty packed special edition, as well. (Unlike the disappointing movie-only version of Night of the Comet, for example.)

Keep in mind that this movie has been out-of-print on even VHS since the Eighties!
Source: Oppo BDP-105
Video: Panasonic TC-P65VT60
Audio: Anthem AVM 60, MCA 325, and PVA 8
Speakers: Vandersteen Quatros, VCC-2, VSM-1s, and Anthony Gallo a'Diva SEs
Old 06-17-2009, 03:34 AM   #10
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyteddy View Post
Only problem is, Sony may never release it on blu ray.
They're probably just waiting for a larger user base before releasing a relatively obscure film.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:29 PM   #11

Feb 2008
Sweden

Ah come on Sony for **** sake. I will be forty before getting to see this the way i want.
"You know, we are sitting here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas. You do what you do, and I do what I gotta do. And now that we've been face to face, if I'm there and I gotta put you away, I won't like it. But I tell you, if it's between you and some poor bastard whose wife you're gonna turn into a widow, brother, you are going down."
Old 06-20-2009, 08:12 PM   #12
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoRomanticGayMen View Post
Why do you think theres no Troma movies released on blu ray?
Because Troma is a small studio, where all of their titles have limited appeal. A huge studio like Sony can release NOTC because they have many other titles that appeal to the masses.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:19 PM   #13

Apr 2009
Wisconsin

Man, I've been looking forward to this for a long time, but if it's being released on DVD only, I'll satisfy myself with getting it from my library or Netflix. I won't purchase it for myself until it's on Blu-Ray.

Let me repeat that for any Sony reps that might be trolling...

"I won't actually purchase a copy of Night of the Creeps until it's released on Blu-Ray..."
"You've got red on you."

My collection
Old 07-23-2009, 10:48 PM   #14
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by anet99999 View Post
Man, I've been looking forward to this for a long time, but if it's being released on DVD only, I'll satisfy myself with getting it from my library or Netflix. I won't purchase it for myself until it's on Blu-Ray.

Let me repeat that for any Sony reps that might be trolling...

"I won't actually purchase a copy of Night of the Creeps until it's released on Blu-Ray..."
Read this. It will make you

http://www.sonypictures.com/spotligh...ex-online.html
Old 07-23-2009, 10:55 PM   #15

Apr 2009
Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSportsFan View Post
"NIGHT OF THE CREEPS DIRECTOR'S CUT

SIGNING with celebrated filmmaker FRED DEKKER, writer/director of cult classic NIGHT OF THE CREEPS arriving on Blu-Ray and DVD for the first time this Halloween."

Indeed.
"You've got red on you."

My collection
Old 07-24-2009, 01:47 AM   #16
Expert Member

Jan 2009
San Francisco Bay Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSportsFan View Post
I hope the advertisement is accurate. There have been times when advertisement indicated a movie will be release on Blu ray only to be cancel later. But this should be a real treat if it is the Director's cut on Blu ray. I have my fingers cross!!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists