Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Soon: The Little Girl Who Lives Down… ()
Soon: Tough Guys ()

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Gotham: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Supernatural: The Complete Twelfth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Beguiled (Blu-ray)
$6.49
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Planet of the Apes Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Planet of the Apes Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Sherlock: Season Four (Blu-ray)
$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (After You've Seen It!)
One Star 12 1.10%
Two Stars 25 2.30%
Three Stars 96 8.83%
Four Stars 353 32.47%
Five Stars 601 55.29%
Voters: 1087. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2008, 04:30 PM   #1
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2007
United Kingdom
Default The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILERS)

The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Teaser.jpg

Official Site

Teaser

480p

720p

1080p

Quote:
The Dark Knight Rises is an upcoming American superhero film under the development of Christopher Nolan, David S. Goyer, and Jonathan Nolan.[1] Based on the DC Comics character Batman, the film will be the third and final installment in Nolan's Batman film series. The film is scheduled for release in the United States and Canada on July 20, 2012, by Warner Bros.
500GB PS3
Panasonic 50VT20B
PSN ID: NARMAK

Last edited by Diesel; 12-12-2011 at 09:28 PM. Reason: updated OP
Old 05-06-2008, 04:32 PM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007
Sworn super-hero now services Atlanta (and suburbs).
Send a message via AIM to CptGreedle

When will they bring Scarecrow back? He disappeared at the end of the first movie, and he is my favorite batman villain! He is already established in this story arc, and is ready to go if they will just write him in.
Sony KDL-46XBR3 46" Bravia
PlayStation 3 500 GB / Wii
Yamaha HTR-6090 / JBL CONTROL1XTREME / Definitive ProCenter 2000
My BD Collection / PSN ID: CptGreedle
/ WeaklyAnimated.com / TangentArtists
"Film Grain = Good Film"
Old 05-06-2008, 04:37 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptGreedle View Post
When will they bring Scarecrow back? He disappeared at the end of the first movie, and he is my favorite batman villain! He is already established in this story arc, and is ready to go if they will just write him in.
He's in The Dark Knight. In fact, he's in that new trailer. The part where Batman lands on the movie vehicle from above. Some nerds at Bat-forums across the net did a freeze-frame and cranked the brightness and sure enough the driver has a burlap mask. Plus there are leaked pictures of Murphy on the set.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:42 PM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2007

I was kind of wondering about Scarecrow myself. I'd really like to see Bane sometime. I thought he was a good villain. In the comics, not Batman and Robin, of course.

Whatever happened to that dude anyway?
That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness that turns good men . . . cruel.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:47 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by badchannels View Post
I think they should stick with the 1 villain ( and hint at the next ) formula.

I'm still not sure Two-Face can carry one of these Nolan Batman films, but we'll see. I think The Riddler could though....

I'd much prefer to see a newer up to date version of The Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin and/or The Mad Hatter or The Clayfaces instead of Two-Face.

Just please tell me they will get some villains that have never been on screen before in the other Batman films...please tell me that.

The Mad Hatter
Killer Kroc
Man Bat
The Clayfaces
Harley Quinn
Hugo Strange
Solamon Grundy
The first one had more than one villain. It had Falcone, fake Ra's Al Ghul, real Ra's Al Ghul, and Scarecrow...with a little bit of underhanded dealing by the CEO Earle. As for the villains you mention, some of them aren't possible in Nolan's universe, like Killer Croc, Clayface, and Man Bat.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:20 PM   #6

Nov 2007
Indiana

I love the Riddler. Nolan could truly match wits against wits (with a pure vengeful dark evil kind of a twist). And by outsmarting Batman, really cause some heartache throughout Gotham for everyone, especially Bruce Wayne. But who could be cast to play such a Riddler?

Jim Carrey was way over the top. There doesn't need to be a comedic presence on stage. Just a intelligent arrogance to be the Riddler.
Samsung 46 inch 1080p LNT4671

ps3 60 GB
200+ blu-rays /21 ps3 games
Old 05-06-2008, 05:20 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by badchannels View Post
If they can pull Sandman off in Spiderman..as well as Venom...I'm more than sure they can pull of Killer Croc and The Clayfaces ( basically just like Sandman )...hell the creature in Jeepers Creepers isn't very different than what the Man-Bat would look like.

As long as he sticks to the same atmosphere..and keeps things serious..I think Nolan could do wonders with the Batman universe.
Nolan will not do freaks like that. They have to be humans rather than creatures. It's not a question of visually not being able to pull it off, that's what CGI is for. It's a question of the character fitting into Nolan's more realistic universe. The Joker doesn't have permawhite skin in TDK (as far as we know...there could be a plot twist with this), but the entire reason he didn't give him permawhite skin is that if someone was dropped in a vat of chemicals there is no question they would die.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:26 PM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by WimeTime View Post
There doesn't need to be a comedic presence on stage. Just a intelligent arrogance to be the Riddler.
Jeremy Irons, though he may be a bit "old" for Nolan's Batman world.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:28 PM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008
Texas

The Riddler would be badass in Nolan's universe. Jim Carrey and Schumacher completely screwed the pooch on that character. Same goes for Two-Face, which is why I am ecstatic that Nolan is re-doing him as well as the Joker (Jack was good but not good enough). Anyone who has seen Batman: The Animated Series knows that the goofy, campy Riddler shown on the old Adam West TV show and Batman Forever is not the best version of the character. You can make him a dark character, an intellectual that is incredibly dangerous. As someone mentioned on a Bat-forum recently, the Riddler has come closer to killing Batman than any other villain. Whereas the Joker views his relationship with Batman as a yin and yang where it's perpetually going on like a game, the Riddler actually wants to kill him.

The other thing, imagine the viral marketing. It already kicks ass with the Joker, but imagine it with the Riddler! Holy crap, I think the fanboys would just about kill themselves trying to figure out some of the stuff you could come up with for a Riddler viral campaign.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:55 PM   #10
Banned

Jan 2008
New York

My avatar is Two face
Old 05-06-2008, 06:09 PM   #11

Jan 2008
Texas
Send a message via AIM to dieheart

I vote for Mr Freeze
Vizio 32" 720p/1080i
PS3 40gig
Sony STR-D565
Old 05-06-2008, 06:32 PM   #12

Nov 2007
Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTUBatfan2008 View Post
As someone mentioned on a Bat-forum recently, the Riddler has come closer to killing Batman than any other villain.
Realistically (and yet hypothetically). This Riddler vs. Batman movie could be even darker/Creepier. It would be similar to the Detective Comics Batman. He's not the Riddler because it's fun and jovial, he's the Riddler because he's the most intelligent being in the world and no one, not even the great Batman can keep up with his destructiveness.

Jeremy Irons sounds like a decent candidate, but I agree, age is a big factor. How about Sean Bean or William Fichtner, or Hugo Weaving, Timothy Olyphant.

ps3 60 GB
Old 05-06-2008, 06:37 PM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2007

Quote:
Jeremy Irons sounds like a decent candidate, but I agree, age is a big factor. How about Sean Bean or William Fichtner, or Hugo Weaving, Timothy Olyphant.
Here's my thoughts:
Sean Bean: Love him, but I don't find him "arrogant" and thus don't think he'd make a good Riddler
William Fichtner: He's already the bank manager in The Dark Knight so it's out of the question.
Hugo Weaving: I could see this choice working well
Timothy Olyphant: I found him rather boring in Die Hard 4, and didn't think he is all that great as an actor. I think he would be outclassed by Bale, Caine, & Eckhart (and Freeman, if Fox's character is back in part 3).
Old 05-06-2008, 06:44 PM   #14

Jul 2007

Look you guys are OK for wanting this villian or that villian. In some cases I would mind seeing the Mad Hatter or someone like that in the movies. In fact I think Nolan's versions on Batman are the only ones worthy of anything. Burton's movies were entertaining for their time, but there was little that followed the comics. That is what is important to me.

Christopher Nolan was influenced by Batman:The Long Halloween and Batman Dark Victory comics series when he created these movies. A LOT of the script was written around those and he has kept pretty spot on with them. Harvey Dent/Two-face plays an enormous role in these series especially the Long Halloween.

I am not saying anyone is wrong for wanting what they want, but there is a purpose for his doing. He is not going to make Killer-Kroc just because, there has to be some meaning. That is why the other Batman movies ****ing blew.
----------
TV: Panasonic 58V10
Components: PS3 60GB | Xbox360 | Wii (Died no video only audio) :(
Receiver: Pioneer SC-05
Speakers: Center: Aperion Intimus 5C, Fronts: Aperion Intimus 5B Bookshelf, Surrounds: Aperion Intimus 4B Satellite, Sub:Aperion Bravus Dual 10" Powered Sub
Remote: Harmony 900 with PS3 Adapter

Last edited by gamer2600; 05-06-2008 at 06:46 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-06-2008, 06:51 PM   #15

Nov 2007
Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esox50 View Post
Here's my thoughts:
Sean Bean: Love him, but I don't find him "arrogant" and thus don't think he'd make a good Riddler
William Fichtner: He's already the bank manager in The Dark Knight so it's out of the question.
Timothy Olyphant: I found him rather boring in Die Hard 4, and didn't think he is all that great as an actor. I think he would be outclassed by Bale, Caine, & Eckhart (and Freeman, if Fox's character is back in part 3).
After I wrote Hugo Weaving, I smirked. I think he could do a dark version of the Riddler well.

ps3 60 GB
Old 05-06-2008, 07:01 PM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008
Texas

Quote:
Realistically (and yet hypothetically). This Riddler vs. Batman movie could be even darker/Creepier. It would be similar to the Detective Comics Batman. He's not the Riddler because it's fun and jovial, he's the Riddler because he's the most intelligent being in the world and no one, not even the great Batman can keep up with his destructiveness.

Anthony Michael Hall is in The Dark Knight. He plays a reporter, but I have a feeling he might turn into the Riddler at some point. He seems like a great fit for the part.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:02 PM   #17
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer2600 View Post
I am not saying anyone is wrong for wanting what they want, but there is a purpose for his doing. He is not going to make Killer-Kroc just because, there has to be some meaning. That is why the other Batman movies ****ing blew.
I agree 100%. In fact, it would not surprise me at all if Nolan just sticks to Two-Face's arc.

Early word is that Two Face is more of a vigilante in the last act of The Dark Knight. Film #3 could focus on Two-Face's descent from vigilante (i.e. trying to get justice, just doing it the "wrong way") to full-fledged criminal. This provides some great contrast to Batman , especially once Batman makes the choice/realization that Two Face must be brought to justice (even though Two-Face has been "wronged") because he's become too great a threat to stability/justice.

Film #1: Creation of Batman. Batman makes his choice and starts "escalation" with the criminals.
Film #2: Escalation. Joker runs wild and Two-Face is created in the mess. Gotham in chaos. Batman questions his role in all of this.
Films #3: Resolution: Two Face takes over the criminal element in Gotham and reorganizes it among the chaos started by the Joker. Batman restores order by bringing Two-Face to justice. This completes the arc.

I could easily see the above being the Nolan Trilogy.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:07 PM   #18

Mar 2008
Lima, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTUBatfan2008 View Post
Anthony Michael Hall is in The Dark Knight. He plays a reporter, but I have a feeling he might turn into the Riddler at some point. He seems like a great fit for the part.
Eh maybe. What maybe batman blows off an interview and sets off the riddler?
Old 05-06-2008, 07:15 PM   #19
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiggidy75 View Post
Eh maybe. What maybe batman blows off an interview and sets off the riddler?
No, he's obsessed with Bruce Wayne and very jealous of him.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:38 PM   #20
Expert Member

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esox50 View Post
Here's my thoughts:
I could see it being Guy Pearce--great actor and obviously Nolan likes him. I am also in favor of anything that would put Ed Norton in a Nolan movie, although I wonder how they would work behind the scenes.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies