Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Adventures of Tintin 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
War for the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Transformers: The Last Knight (Blu-ray)
$10.00
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Alien: Covenant (Blu-ray)
$10.00
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Gotham: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Supernatural: The Complete Twelfth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Beguiled (Blu-ray)
$6.49
Planet of the Apes Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (After You've Seen It!)
One Star 12 1.10%
Two Stars 25 2.30%
Three Stars 96 8.83%
Four Stars 353 32.47%
Five Stars 601 55.29%
Voters: 1087. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2011, 06:16 AM   #6381
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008
-
Send a message via AIM to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Bond View Post
I know this picture is incredibly old, but I can't help but think of how great a police procedural show set in Gotham would be.

There was even talks at one point of adapting the comic "Gotham Central" into a TV show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotham_Central

"if they hadn't had a moratorium on Batman TV shows, they 'could have set up Gotham Central at WB in a heartbeat.' "

Nolan's film series is stopping us from being able to see a live action Batman TV series of any kind, even one which stars tertiary characters from Gotham City. After Birds of Prey was a spectacular failure, them blocking Batman from TV COULD be a good thing, but with the right creative team, a live action Batman series (or specifically an adaptation of Gotham Central) could also be amazing. Get Paul Dini on it or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_ME View Post
That would be odd if this prologue is incomplete. Granted, there's nothing wrong with going back with touching it up or rerecording the dialogue before the final cut is released to theaters, but the bank robbery prologue for TDK that I saw before I Am Wretched was identical to what I saw opening night in the completed film.

(Which is a good thing BTW since Heath Ledger wasn't available for any ADR.)
Actually, I think they adjusted the color timing between the early prologue and the final release. And since it was IMAX material, the audio was already ADR'd. As is the case with this. They have to ADR all dialogue in IMAX because of the sound the cameras make. They COULD go back and re-record the dialogue for Bane for the entire film to make him easier to understand, but what we'll be seeing in the prologue is already ADR'd in. Maybe that's why Nolan went with the absurd breathing mask for Bane instead of something that looks more like an adaptation of the source material? So his mouth was always hidden and it'd be easy to record dialogue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
I remember the crazy rumor that Mark Hamill was going to be brought in to record all of his dialogue lol. After seeing the finished film...not sure that would've worked so great.
Who would even start such a ridiculous rumor?

Guys, I heard Danny Trejo was going to come in to dub all of Bane's dialogue for The Dark Knight Rises because no one can understand Hardy's performance!

There are some clips on Youtube of people doing readings of lines from The Dark Knight in a voice like Hamill's Joker. It's actually really good. I think there's also a reading of The Killing Joke out there in that style too. Interesting stuff for anyone that's a fan of that take on the character.
I need to stop buying so many movies and not getting around to watching them.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:20 AM   #6382
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2007
Katy, TX

Just got back from the prologue sneak preview. I'll list the nitpicky, the bad, and the good:

The Nitpicky -

1) Recycled plot points. The bad guy allowing himself to be captured by the authorities. A daring midair escape with two guys dangling from a cargo plane. Both were seen in the previous film.

2) Why open the movie with Dent's funeral? It seemed to have no connection with the scene that followed. Was it to link the beginning of TDKR to the end of TDK(despite the 8-year gap in the timeline)? Was it to emphasize to those fans who are still holding out hope for Two-Face to turn up in the next movie that the character is in fact dead? Kind of a headscratcher for me.

3) No cool cameos. The prologue for The Dark Knight had that great appearance by William Fichtner who's not only a terrific character actor, but it also paid homage to Heat.

The Bad -

1) Bane's voice. I went in with an open mind. I figured people who'd complained about it were exaggerating. I mean, how unintelligible could the dude really be? Well, I got my answer. I think I made out about 3 lines of his dialogue. The guy sounded like Michael Winslow in Spaceballs when he's talking into the intercom. Seriously, Chris Nolan. Fix this in post-production. I don't care about realism and how a guy wearing a mask pumping gas into his mouth would naturally be hard to understand. It's not like Two-Face should've been all that coherent missing half his lips in the last movie, yet he uttered every syllable without any difficulty.

2) Lack of explanation of what was going down. Granted, this will likely be rectified when we get to see the entire movie that follows this 6-minute clip. And certainly Bane's voice didn't help matters. But I didn't have a f'ing clue what was going on. There was some sort of prisoner transfer, a midair battle between two planes(I had flashbacks to Cliffhanger), a blood transfusion(I think), and the aforementioned midair escape. But the context of all of it escaped me. The prologue to The Dark Knight was much simpler to understand since it was a bank robbery.

The Good:

1) The stuntwork and cinematography. Good Lord, that scene was epic. All nitpicking and incoherent dialogue aside, I don't wanna imagine what it took to film all of that. And I don't think we were looking at models or CGI. That all appeared to be the real thing. I also appreciate Nolan referencing the opening scene in Licence To Kill(trust me, you'll know what visual I'm referring to when you see it). Maybe that was a coincidence, but he has admitted to being a huge Bond fan, so it could've been an homage.

2) The score. It didn't sound like anything from the first two Nolan Batflicks, so I'll assume it's music from the actual film and not a temp track. I had trouble detecting a motif for Bane, but either way it worked well in the scene.

3) The montage after the prologue. A lot of the clips were of scenes you're already familiar with if you've looked at all the set photos that have surfaced online. But it was cool to see it all in motion. Bane looks badass. There are some large scale action sequences with hundreds of extras. The Batmobile, Batpod, and Batcopter all make an appearance. Batman does in fact appear to be fighting Bane in broad daylight at one point. Catwoman....still don't know what to think of her. I just hope that shot of Selina Kyle in the montage wasn't a major spoiler showing her final fate in the movie.

All in all, it was cool to finally see footage from the movie(the 30 seconds worth in the teaser notwithstanding). It's bittersweet that this is it for Nolan's series of Batflicks, but it definitely looks like they're not holding anything back. I just hope Bane's voice gets fixed. If he sounds like that for the entire film....well, let's just say he'll be less intelligible than Jeep Swenson's portrayal in Crapman & Robin which is definitely not a good thing.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:33 AM   #6383
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Nashua, NH

What I took it as is that they brought a corpse in a duffel-bag to act as a decoy. Putting the CIA agent's blood in the corpse's body will make it appear that he died in the crash after they recover the mangled remains from the plane wreckage.
I too felt a very Bond-like vibe from it.
Are you referring to Selina being in prison garb? I don't really see that as a big spoiler. We just know that at some point she gets arrested.
TV: Vizio E371VL
BD player: Insignia NS-BRDVD3
Sound Bar: Vizio VSB200
Old 12-14-2011, 06:39 AM   #6384
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2007
Katy, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
What I took it as is that they brought a corpse in a duffel-bag to act as a decoy. Putting the CIA agent's blood in the corpse's body will make it appear that he died in the crash after they recover the mangled remains from the plane wreckage.
I too felt a very Bond-like vibe from it.
Are you referring to Selina being in prison garb? I don't really see that as a big spoiler. We just know that at some point she gets arrested.
Yeah, I tried to avoid spoilers, but that's the only shot of Selina in the montage(the other is of her in the Catwoman getup). Clearly from that image, she gets arrested and is seen in the back of a cop car in jumpsuit at some point, but I just hope that's not her final fate in the film. Nolan's pretty good about not giving away too much, but you never know.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:07 AM   #6385
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Nashua, NH

Quote:
Yeah, I tried to avoid spoilers, but that's the only shot of Selina in the montage(the other is of her in the Catwoman getup). Clearly from that image, she gets arrested and is seen in the back of a cop car in jumpsuit at some point, but I just hope that's not her final fate in the film. Nolan's pretty good about not giving away too much, but you never know.
Yeah, I highly doubt it. Something tells me she'll have more involvement. My guess would be that it's perhaps an establishing shot; something that happens early on to her. We shall see, though.
TV: Vizio E371VL
BD player: Insignia NS-BRDVD3
Sound Bar: Vizio VSB200
Old 12-14-2011, 08:20 AM   #6386
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
The O.C.

Couldn't resist. Watched a bootleg. Out of sync and the bottom half of the screen is cut off but wow. Just wow. This film is gonna be insane!

Quote:
Just got back from the prologue sneak preview. I'll list the nitpicky, the bad, and the good:

3) No cool cameos. The prologue for The Dark Knight had that great appearance by William Fichtner who's not only a terrific character actor, but it also paid homage to Heat.
Umm... Aidan Gillen (CIA in the prologue)?

AKA Littlefinger from GoT and Tommy Carcetti of The Wire.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:10 AM   #6387
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")
Default 2.5 more days - I can wait (unlike Some people!) ;-)

Ordered my MI4: Ghost Protocol ticket last week, going this Friday (12pm), looking forward to that one & obviously the 6-minute Prologue of TDKR.

*** ADAM_ME's post above, should have been Entirely enclosed in SPOILER TAGS. I saw the beginning of it & like MOST of us here, as WE have NOT seen the 6-min clip yet, Immediately skipped past it. ***
POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!"
TV: 70" SHARP 3D/LC-70UQ17U - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" / Center: CS2 - Front: RTiA5's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Sides), FXiA3's (Rears) - 2 Onkyo SKH-410 DOLBY ATMOS Spkrs / Subs: 2 PA-120's
ONKYO TX-NR838: DOLBY ATMOS (Ready) - Emotiva XPA-3/Gen 2 - OPPO BDP-103D
DirecTV: HR-44 HD-DVR - Remote: Harmony ONE
Old 12-14-2011, 09:35 AM   #6388

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrestedDevelopment View Post
Couldn't resist. Watched a bootleg. Out of sync and the bottom half of the screen is cut off but wow. Just wow. This film is gonna be insane!
Me too,I have no will power.

Now I play the waiting game.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:55 AM   #6389
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2008
Durham, NC

Quote:
2) Why open the movie with Dent's funeral? It seemed to have no connection with the scene that followed. Was it to link the beginning of TDKR to the end of TDK(despite the 8-year gap in the timeline)? Was it to emphasize to those fans who are still holding out hope for Two-Face to turn up in the next movie that the character is in fact dead? Kind of a headscratcher for me.
"It'll be a long time before some one inspires us the way he did. I believed in Harvey Dent."

"Inspires us" is the key phrase. That is what Bane will do. That's why they opening with the eulogy.

Not to mention the spoilers about Bane and what he does to Harvey Dent in the film....
Old 12-14-2011, 01:06 PM   #6390
Power Member

Jan 2009
Feeling Minnesota!

Poor quality...but here's a link that has it up (as of right now anyways) for anyone that wishes to see it.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/r.../news/?a=51228

I for one really like Bane's voice...

"I need someone...to show me my place in all of this."
Old 12-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #6391
Special Member

May 2010
Netherlands

Me too , sounds menacing
LG Oled C7
Oppo Udp-203
Old 12-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #6392
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2008
Isla Nublar

Any word on when it will it better quality or will we have to wait for the DVD?
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Anybody hear that? It's a, um... It's an impact tremor, that's what it is... I'm fairly alarmed here.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:22 PM   #6393
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluBrown View Post
Poor quality...but here's a link that has it up (as of right now anyways) for anyone that wishes to see it.

Yeah I thought his voice was nice and even on that bad video i could get about 70+% of what he was saying so I'm sure on DTS-HD MA it'll be fine

And someone said no cool cameos!!! Are you kidding Mayor Tommy Carcetti from the wire
Because it's easier to have courage from a safe distance away.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:48 PM   #6394
Expert Member

Oct 2008
St. Paul, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluBrown View Post

It was easier to make out what Bane was saying in this video then it was last night. I think last night I picked up maybe one out of every five words, but this morning I got a good four out of five . . .

There was still some words that I didn't get, but maybe I was looking at the action and not concentrating on anything else.
I'm the one that uses the digital copies.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:58 PM   #6395
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2007
Katy, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodude73 View Post
Ordered my MI4: Ghost Protocol ticket last week, going this Friday (12pm), looking forward to that one & obviously the 6-minute Prologue of TDKR.

*** ADAM_ME's post above, should have been Entirely enclosed in SPOILER TAGS. I saw the beginning of it & like MOST of us here, as WE have NOT seen the 6-min clip yet, Immediately skipped past it. ***
Seriously? You need all of that enclosed in spoiler tags? I was about as vague as I could possibly be in discussing the clip. It's not like I gave a shot-by-shot description of the thing.

As for the cameo of the dude from The Wire, I stand partially corrected, but honestly how many people watched that show compared to the number of folks who saw Fichtner in Armageddon, Heat, Contact, or even Prison Break?
Old 12-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #6396
Expert Member

Oct 2008
St. Paul, MN

Quote:

The Nitpicky -

1) Recycled plot points.
3) No cool cameos.
Well, if they had a "cool" cameo, wouldn't that then be recycled from the Dark Knight?
I'm the one that uses the digital copies.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:04 PM   #6397
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2007
Katy, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Tide View Post
Well, if they had a "cool" cameo, wouldn't that then be recycled from the Dark Knight?
Only if it was the same actor.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #6398
Power Member

Jan 2009
Feeling Minnesota!

Quote:
Only if it was the same actor.
William Fichtner's part in TDK wasn't a cameo...he was just the actor cast for that role. A cameo is something like Stan Lee popping up in every Marvel film.

"I need someone...to show me my place in all of this."
Old 12-14-2011, 02:40 PM   #6399

Jun 2009
Manchester, England

I must say i have heard the Audio and i did'nt really have a problem it. I understood about 95% of it but i can see why you guys on the other side of the pond might have problems. Anyway how was MI4, cannot wait to see both next week at the Print Works in Manchester.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:42 PM   #6400
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Cool View Post
Should be around another 2 weeks.
Wait are you talking about an actual trailer or the prologue?

The reason I asked originally is according to This the theatrical trailer will debut with Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies