Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Spider-Man: Homecoming (Blu-ray)
$10.00
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Logan Lucky (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Supernatural: The Complete Twelfth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Despicable Me 3 (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Gotham: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Adventures of Tintin 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Kingsman: The Golden Circle 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (After You've Seen It!)
One Star 12 1.10%
Two Stars 25 2.30%
Three Stars 96 8.83%
Four Stars 353 32.47%
Five Stars 601 55.29%
Voters: 1087. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #7341
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
Same

It rather annoying having people complain about costumes when they haven't seen them in motion. It's no different than when they change the look of a character in the comic or an animated TV show It's something that just has to happen
Haters gunna hate. Is the way of the Web I am sure they will change their tune once the movie is out and being watched.
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, Never let it Fade away
Old 04-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #7342

Jun 2009
Manchester, England

How can people complain about the Batsuit, its the same used in the last film, very strange !!
Old 04-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #7343
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
How can people complain about the Batsuit, its the same used in the last film, very strange !!
Who complained?

Think the complaints have really been just confined to Bane and Catwoman on the whole really. They're the only two i felt could have been better BUT you have to view the costumes in the context they will appear within the film and whether they fit into the theme of the movies.

I think it will come together in the end but i may still have this nagging feeling on the costumes by the end, who knows until we watch it.
500GB PS3
Panasonic 50VT20B
PSN ID: NARMAK
Old 04-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #7344
Special Member

Jul 2011

Last edited by rashad30; 04-12-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #7345
Banned

Apr 2011

For a second, it thought batman was holding an iPad
Old 04-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #7346
Blu-ray Prince

Feb 2010
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdb_acc View Post
For a second, it thought batman was holding an iPad
except he calls it the BatPad
Old 04-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #7347
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Raleigh, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoetMB View Post
I don't even think it will be that long. A movie of that length reduces the number of potential showings a day and negatively impacts box office revenue. My guess is no more than 2:20. I could be wrong, but I'd be surprised if its longer.
TDK was 152 minutes with no visible impact on sales. I stand by 150-175
Tru Blu

Thank you, Blu-ray.com for the Schindler's List Giveaway!
Old 04-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #7348
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
In my theater room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
It's a Batmobile steering device......it also takes calls.
If you are violent you are weak, for violence has no mind.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:21 PM   #7349
Special Member

Jul 2011

Some quotes from the EW issue.

Quote:
"He has created an epic disaster film."

-Anne Hathaway.

Rises is set eight years after the events of the Dark Knight. Gotham City is at peace and prospering, but Bruce Wayne is still recovering physically and emotionally from the tragic battles with the Joker and Harvey Dent. Batman, who took the fall for Harvey's crimes so Gotham could remain inspired by the lawman's former idealism, continues to be reviled and MIA as the story begins. While old allies Alfred and Lucius Fox and potential love interest Miranda Tate try to revive Bruce's spirits, two new threats to Gotham force Batman to end his exile."
Quote:
"The Joker didn't care-he just wanted to see the world burn, and he was a master of chaos and destruction, unscrupulous and crazy. Bane is not that guy. There's a very meticulous and calculated way about Bane. There is a huge orchestration of organization to his ambition."

-Tom Hardy

Quote:
"There has never been an explicitly detailed, throughly mapped-out master plan guiding Nolan's Batman franchise. "The approach has always been to put every damn good idea you have into each movie, so that when you're done, you feel like there's nothing left", says co-screenwriter Jonathan Nolan. However, the director has always aspired to create a unified trilogy with a continuous character arc for Bruce Wayne, and one detail has been in place for years. "From a fairly early stage in the process of making the three films,' says Christopher Nolan, 'we knew how Bruce's story would end."

"And so Rises was conceived and written to bring a sense of unity-and finality-to the whole franchise. "It stands alone, yet completes a cyclical work," says Hardy. "Think triplets instead of one child after another-the Dark Knight triplets."
Quote:
"Listening to Team Nolan talk about the film, you find yourself wondering: 'Will Batman actually survive till the end credits?"...."We wanted to show a character who is aging, who is damaged, who may not be in his prime," says Bale. "He has never encountered anyone with such blunt force as Bane, and this is not the best time for him to encounter him."
Quote:
Nolan says that he's naturally drawn to Batman's more iconic villains-as long as they can live credibly within his more realistic neo-noir treatment of Gotham...Hence Catwoman was irresistible to Nolan both because of her pop culture stature and the fact that the crafty cat burglar is Batman's earthiest of baddies. That said Nolan's Selina Kyle is presented as an enigma, maybe even to herself."

"Who is Selina Kyle? She's someone who wants you to think she can answer that question."
Old 04-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #7350
Banned

Apr 2011

Quote:
I thought that's where he crashes with his buddies during the weekends?
Old 04-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #7351

Dec 2009

Quote:
LMAO That was good. 👏
Sony KDL-52XBR9
BDP-S1000ES
Old 04-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #7352
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009

Catwoman looks great. Yes, it's a nod to Julie Newmar's costume but that doesn't automatically invalidate it. In fact, Hathaway looks quite fetching in it (despite her rear not being in the same league as Newmar's).

And, yeah, Batpad is the first thing that came to mind when I saw that gaget in batman's hands.

Last edited by RocShemp; 04-12-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #7353
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_ME View Post
BTW, this type of scene won't exactly help quell those Occupy Wall Street comparisons people were making after the last trailer.
Good. That's where I think the strength is in Nolan's Batman films, the movies are about something else underneath all the super hero trimmings. Dark Knight was about terrorism, Dark Knight Rises will be about class warfare.

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed by somebody high up in the production hierarchy that Rises was modeled after a Tale of Two Cities, doesn't Bane even say "The fire rises", in the Imax clip?
Waiting for the all female blu-ray.com reboot.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:14 PM   #7354

Oct 2007

Quote:
Batwords w/ friends

or

Words w/ batfriends
Old 04-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #7355
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2007
Katy, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snicket View Post
Good. That's where I think the strength is in Nolan's Batman films, the movies are about something else underneath all the super hero trimmings. Dark Knight was about terrorism, Dark Knight Rises will be about class warfare.

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed by somebody high up in the production hierarchy that Rises was modeled after a Tale of Two Cities, doesn't Bane even say "The fire rises", in the Imax clip?
Yep. They've publicly stated Dickens was their inspiration. And yes, he does say "the fire rises" in the prologue.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #7356

Jan 2012
United States

Quote:

I certainly hope not.

Edit: But the comment Selina says to Bruce while dancing in the trailer doesn't stray to far from that possibility.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #7357
Blu-ray Emperor

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Quote:

Batman is not a superhero, it actually comes up from time to time with the Justice League.
RIP Navster, you were someone I considered a friend and BD.com will always remember you.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #7358

Jan 2012
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Anakin View Post
Batman is not a superhero, it actually comes up from time to time with the Justice League.
Explain? He's not a member of another species or a metahuman (even though that's not the "definition" of a superhero), but I can't recall him not being painted in a the light of a hero.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #7359
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jla135 View Post
I certainly hope not.

Edit: But the comment Selina says to Bruce while dancing in the trailer doesn't stray to far from that possibility.
Have you ever read a Tale of Two Cities? Class warfare is a major theme. It's been also confirmed by production. I don't understand why people are upset about this? How is it any worse than having a Batman film about terrorism? Unless your knee jerk reaction with everything class warfare is an unfair and unwarranted association with occupy wall street in which case your own personal bias and misinformation is your own fault. It's not explicitly political, its just a theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Anakin View Post

...thanks for that...
Waiting for the all female blu-ray.com reboot.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #7360

Jan 2012
United States

Quote:
Have you ever read a Tale of Two Cities? Class warfare is a major theme. It's been also confirmed by production. I don't understand why people are upset about this? How is it any worse than having a Batman film about terrorism? Unless your knee jerk reaction with everything class warfare is an unfair and unwarranted association with occupy wall street in which case your own personal bias and misinformation is your own fault. It's not explicitly political, its just a theme.

...thanks for that...
Mildly yes and no. The Dark Knight Rises is done somewhat around modern time, so many of those issues that I would agree on with the differences in class are long gone. Unless this film is going to go into things such as slave labor, child labor, monopolized and regulated economics, etc., things that were major possibilities during Dickens's day, it's probably going to be done from a very modern day perspective. And trying my best not get political, the modern day view leans to far to the left for my taste.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies