Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Beguiled (Blu-ray)
$6.49
Life of Pi 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Jingle All the Way (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Planet of the Apes Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 4 Film Favorites (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Planet of the Apes Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Ex Machina (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Alien: 6 Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.99
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Bridget Jones's Baby (Blu-ray)
$4.99
DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (After You've Seen It!)
One Star 12 1.10%
Two Stars 25 2.30%
Three Stars 96 8.83%
Four Stars 353 32.47%
Five Stars 601 55.29%
Voters: 1087. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2012, 11:06 PM   #8381
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008

Well it definitely does not sound like Bruce Wayne will die.Bale is up for a 4th

Bale:

All I know is the likelihood that this will be the last one. Well, I wouldn't say definitely. If Chris goes, "Hey, I've got another story I think could be interesting," then yeah, great, I'd go do that. I always assumed it would be three, but I could be wrong.

My understanding is that this is the last one. I think it’s appropriate, I think it’s going out at the right time. But…if Chris came to me with a script and said, ‘You know what? There is another story’ then I would love the challenge of making a fourth one work.

the way Bale is saying it does not seem at all like Bruce Wayne will die. Its like he is unsure. He would not be unsure if Bruce is dead now would he

source

http://www.reelz.com/error.html?aspx...ghul-and-more/

http://screencrush.com/christian-bale-batman/
Old 07-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #8382
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
Well it definitely does not sound like Bruce Wayne will die.Bale is up for a 4th

Bale:

All I know is the likelihood that this will be the last one. Well, I wouldn't say definitely. If Chris goes, "Hey, I've got another story I think could be interesting," then yeah, great, I'd go do that. I always assumed it would be three, but I could be wrong.

My understanding is that this is the last one. I think it’s appropriate, I think it’s going out at the right time. But…if Chris came to me with a script and said, ‘You know what? There is another story’ then I would love the challenge of making a fourth one work.

the way Bale is saying it does not seem at all like Bruce Wayne will die. Its like he is unsure. He would not be unsure if Bruce is dead now would he

source

Old 07-07-2012, 11:12 PM   #8383
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009

Quote:

Bale:

source

Batman can still "die", and Bruce survive. They are two seperate beings. MAJOR POSSIBLE SPOILERS Rumors are that
[Show spoiler]Batman uses the Bat to fly the doomsday device up into the sky and then it explodes, and the people of Gotham think he died along with it and honor the memory of Batman. Bruce leaves Gotham, and the final shot is him in snow covered mountains.
If that happens Batman is believed to have died, but it still leaves the possibility for Nolan to bring him back. However, this is all irrelevent, because Nolan isn't doing another. He has made that abundantly clear, and unlike Michael Bay who caves for a paycheck Nolan means what he says.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:13 PM   #8384
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Batman won't die, but Nolan will sure as hell bring him close enough

Tbh, i'd not mind seeing a 4th but WB needs to get a JLA underway and a 4th with Bale would kind of step on those plans a little. I'm not sure what to think if there was a 4th. It would be too close the the JLA timeline they want to be and to have two versions of Batman for the movies might not be a good thing.

I hope they'll be done and get JLA plans underway and let Nolan overlook them all to make sure they shine
500GB PS3
Panasonic 50VT20B
PSN ID: NARMAK
Old 07-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #8385
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
Batman won't die, but Nolan will sure as hell bring him close enough

Tbh, i'd not mind seeing a 4th but WB needs to get a JLA underway and a 4th with Bale would kind of step on those plans a little. I'm not sure what to think if there was a 4th. It would be too close the the JLA timeline they want to be and to have two versions of Batman for the movies might not be a good thing.

I hope they'll be done and get JLA plans underway and let Nolan overlook them all to make sure they shine
Nolan has said that he wanted to tell Bruce Wayne's story. This movie is the end of that story. Making a fourth one would take that away from this movie. The ONLY way I would welcome a fourth one would be if it is set in the future and involves an old Bruce Wayne, but seeing as this movie is essentially the Dark Knight Returns anyways there is no point in that. This will be Nolan's last directed Batman film.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #8386
Blu-ray Jedi

Aug 2011
Starship Avalon (You're My Shooting Star, You Make My Heart Ascend)

Seems like the hype is building too much its bound to fall over.

[Show spoiler]Feed me your hate, it only makes me stronger.
Biggest Jen fan! Red Sparrow 3/2/18 in 80 Days - X-Men: Dark Phoenix 11/2/18 in 325 days.

mother! now available on digital and BD 12/19/17

We got lost along the way. But we found each other. And we made a life. A beautiful life... together. - Aurora
Jennifer Lawrence Appreciation Thread
Old 07-07-2012, 11:27 PM   #8387
Blu-ray Duke

May 2011
Texas

After the Alright Spiderman, TDKR cant come soon enough. Say what you will about Nolan Fanboys, but Chris himself can direct!
Old 07-07-2012, 11:40 PM   #8388
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook View Post
Batman can still "die", and Bruce survive. They are two seperate beings. MAJOR POSSIBLE SPOILERS Rumors are that
[Show spoiler]Batman uses the Bat to fly the doomsday device up into the sky and then it explodes, and the people of Gotham think he died along with it and honor the memory of Batman. Bruce leaves Gotham, and the final shot is him in snow covered mountains.
If that happens Batman is believed to have died, but it still leaves the possibility for Nolan to bring him back. However, this is all irrelevent, because Nolan isn't doing another. He has made that abundantly clear, and unlike Michael Bay who caves for a paycheck Nolan means what he says.
i am fully aware of Batman could die just not Bruce Wayne like you also say.

[Show spoiler]I actually believe another will take the mantle so the legacy continues and that other is John Blake trained by Bruce Wayne in secret
Old 07-08-2012, 12:05 AM   #8389
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2007
Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristoffer View Post
Any huge spoilers in this?
I took a chance and watched this. No, I did not see any huge spoilers. It gives a little background on the story and some of the characters, including some of the new characters. It all shows how he shot some of the scenes without cgi (i.e. the football stadium scene)

That is one thing I have always loved about his movies. The lack of CGI makes everything seem so much more real.
Blind Buy Count: 300+
PSN ID: cvm0305

Sometimes we hear of people who are “very” honest, “mostly” honest, or even “a little” honest.
Should we even use modifiers with the word honest? I don’t believe so. There are no degrees of honesty. Either we are honest or we aren't.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #8390
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009

Quote:
i am fully aware of Batman could die just not Bruce Wayne like you also say.

[Show spoiler]I actually believe another will take the mantle so the legacy continues and that other is John Blake trained by Bruce Wayne in secret
Allow me to put this idea to rest once and for all. The press members who watched the screening the other day have already confirmed that John Blake is just a cop, and does not take up the mantle at all. He does not become Batman.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:08 AM   #8391
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvm View Post
I took a chance and watched this. No, I did not see any huge spoilers. It gives a little background on the story and some of the characters, including some of the new characters. It all shows how he shot some of the scenes without cgi (i.e. the football stadium scene)

That is one thing I have always loved about his movies. The lack of CGI makes everything seem so much more real.
until the batwing came along
Old 07-08-2012, 12:21 AM   #8392

Jun 2011

You guys got to see this. Warning you may laugh so hard that you die!

Last edited by batmaniscool70; 07-08-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:26 AM   #8393
Blu-ray Duke

May 2010
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaniscool70 View Post
Leaked! The Dark Knight Rises - YouTube
lol "pro tyranny propaganda"
Old 07-08-2012, 12:28 AM   #8394
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009

Quote:
Is he for real?
Old 07-08-2012, 12:31 AM   #8395

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook View Post
Is he for real?
YES HE IS. Thats why its sooooo Funny.

Last edited by batmaniscool70; 07-08-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:31 AM   #8396
Blu-ray Archduke

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
of course, Alex Jones. the biggest conspiracy looney out there.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:32 AM   #8397
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009

Quote:
YES HE IS. Thats why its sooooo Funny.
That guy must be getting his cocoa puffs with a side of extra crazy.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:39 AM   #8398
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvm View Post

There's still plenty of CG in his films. You just don't know it.

It always makes me laugh when someone says this, as if physical models, puppets, and miniatures are somehow more "real". They also don't realize just how many CG manipulated objects, environments and such are in films and TV these days but are invisible to the eye. If something looks "fake" blame the users, not the tools.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:57 AM   #8399
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2007
Utah

Quote:
After 3 minutes, turned it off. I can only take so much conspiracy theory at a time. I worked with someone who lived and died by infowars and who openly talked just like this guy....

To each their own...

In the first 3 minutes there are no spoilers, I can not say for the rest of the video.

Sometimes we hear of people who are “very” honest, “mostly” honest, or even “a little” honest.
Should we even use modifiers with the word honest? I don’t believe so. There are no degrees of honesty. Either we are honest or we aren't.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:59 AM   #8400
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2007
Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post
There's still plenty of CG in his films. You just don't know it.

It always makes me laugh when someone says this, as if physical models, puppets, and miniatures are somehow more "real". They also don't realize just how many CG manipulated objects, environments and such are in films and TV these days but are invisible to the eye. If something looks "fake" blame the users, not the tools.
Yeah, I know there is CG, but Nolan goes to the extra effort to use it subtly or as little as possible. He does not have his films become a CGI fest i.e. transformers or battleship.

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies