Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$95.24
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Hannibal: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
WCW's Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.74

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-16-2014, 04:25 AM   #281
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwonda View Post
Ok, so I haven't watched this since it was first on VHS, and I definitely missed something...

God this reminds me of all the shit that retard George Lucas did to his original movies with the ABSOLUTE GARBAGE special editions...

You know I could care less about differences in color or brightness between all of these versions, how are more people not *****ing about the voices???

I just got this on BLU-RAY and before I watch 1 second more of this garbage what else has changed besides Teeny Weeny's voice??? He sounds like a retarded trailer trash redneck from Alabama!!! What other voices have changed? Did they change the music too??? Christ I don't like this one bit. Screw 7 minutes of extra footage if I have to vomit down my childhood's metaphorical throat!
Could you expand on this a bit? What changed? I had no idea voices were changed. I know the music was different in the original film as opposed to the music that was added for the US release.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:19 AM   #282

Aug 2009

Quote:
I just got this on BLU-RAY and before I watch 1 second more of this garbage what else has changed besides Teeny Weeny's voice??? He sounds like a retarded trailer trash redneck from Alabama!!! What other voices have changed? Did they change the music too??? Christ I don't like this one bit. Screw 7 minutes of extra footage if I have to vomit down my childhood's metaphorical throat!
What?
-Paul Acevedo
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo
Old 03-17-2014, 02:39 PM   #283
Expert Member

Apr 2009

Quote:
Ok, so I haven't watched this since it was first on VHS, and I definitely missed something...

God this reminds me of all the shit that retard George Lucas did to his original movies with the ABSOLUTE GARBAGE special editions...

You know I could care less about differences in color or brightness between all of these versions, how are more people not *****ing about the voices???

Keep in mind this is the movie BEFORE it was re-edited for the U.S. market. If the voices are different, they may have been changed for the version you're familiar with -- but they're not new alterations necessarily. Does anyone know for the sure?
Old 03-17-2014, 07:53 PM   #284

Oct 2012

Quote:

What movie are you talking about!?

EDIT: Oh, teeny weeny is the snail rider guy. He has the same voice he's always had on the US bluray?
Old 03-19-2014, 04:14 PM   #285

Jun 2012

I believe someone mentioned this before, but both Teeny Weeny and Gmork have different voices on the original English language track.

My guess is that when WB made the changes to the original pacing and score, they replaced those voices as well, to those we (here in the US) grew up hearing.

I will say though that Gmork's voice does not sound nearly as menacing on this track.

I just got my copy of the extended version from Amazon.de and while the color timing looks great, I will agree that there's a bit too much DNR. Still looks awesome though, and I love being able to view the film as originally intended, score and all. I just won't be throwing out my US release.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America