Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: The Children's Hour $15.99 (4 hours left)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Gotham: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Supernatural: The Complete Twelfth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Beguiled (Blu-ray)
$6.49
Planet of the Apes Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Planet of the Apes Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Wonder Woman (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Annabelle: Creation (Blu-ray)
$12.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #41
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2009
USA

So surprised there has'nt been a major US blu of the 1968 original. It's a Criterion worthy film IMO.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #42
Expert Member

Feb 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Send a message via AIM to Rhoq

Maybe now that The Weinstein Company has distribution deals in place with 3 different companies, we might finally get a quality US Blu-ray release of their 2008 Night Of The Living Dead remaster.
Peace--->Rhoq

My BD Collection

PlayStation Network ID (PS4 Pro): RhoqSolidEnt / XBox Live GameTag (XBox One): RhoqSolidEnt / Nintendo Switch: SW-2851-3553-3322 (Friend Code)
Old 02-24-2011, 05:03 PM   #43
Expert Member

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthiareilly View Post
Who cares?
I'd care - thats a good movie. A little dated but a completely serviceable remake.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:29 PM   #44
Special Member

Mar 2008
Milwaukee, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Syxx View Post
The remake was directed by Tom Savini. It wasn't made by some Hollywood hired gun for hire hack who didn't really care about the material like most remakes.
It was also written and produced by George A. Romero (Striener and Russo were executive producers as well). Also, unlike most remakes, NoTLD '90 was made for a more noble reason than to make a quick buck (to try and establish a copyright on the original).

As far as the original goes, I picked up the Happinet release and couldn't be happier (though the more frugel amongst us may just wanna wait n' see what the Weinstein/AB partnership produces).
Can you survive.....The Night of The Sharksquatch?!?!?

Like the Sharksquatch on facebook...
Old 02-24-2011, 08:03 PM   #45
Expert Member

Feb 2008
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller_time22 View Post
I'd definitely buy the remake on blu-ray.
I think most people would. Many people balked at the idea of the remake, even with Romero's involvement. Savini handled it tastefully and in the end, his version is a masterpiece in it's own right.
Peace--->Rhoq

My BD Collection

PlayStation Network ID (PS4 Pro): RhoqSolidEnt / XBox Live GameTag (XBox One): RhoqSolidEnt / Nintendo Switch: SW-2851-3553-3322 (Friend Code)
Old 02-24-2011, 08:30 PM   #46
Expert Member

Jul 2010
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post
So surprised there has'nt been a major US blu of the 1968 original. It's a Criterion worthy film IMO.
lol I even suggested it to them.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:33 PM   #47
Power Member

Jan 2011
Tampa, FL

I'll buy it if/when a definitive version is released. I can't justify paying upwards of $20 for one of the currently available options where it seems a compromise has to be made in whatever version you pick.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #48
Expert Member

Feb 2008
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
I'll buy it if/when a definitive version is released. I can't justify paying upwards of $20 for one of the currently available options where it seems a compromise has to be made in whatever version you pick.
Besides Elite's Millenium Editon, the 2008 remaster (Weinstein) is the only current edition approved by Romero.
Peace--->Rhoq

My BD Collection

Old 02-25-2011, 01:30 AM   #49
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post
The Hollywood studios would never touch a public domain title and spend money on an expensive Blu-ray release, the economics of the situation preclude ever making a profit. If this movie was not in the public domain, it would have already seen a good Blu-ray edition from a major distributor.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:05 AM   #50
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
The Hollywood studios would never touch a public domain title and spend money on an expensive Blu-ray release, the economics of the situation preclude ever making a profit. If this movie was not in the public domain, it would have already seen a good Blu-ray edition from a major distributor.
I'm not so sure. His Girl Friday is public domain, but it didn't stop Sony from spending a great deal of money restoring the film for preservation purposes, and releasing a fine DVD of it. Criterion did a laserdisc of Halloween once upon a time. Maybe they can be pursuaded to give the grandaddy of all zombie flicks its due.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:51 AM   #51
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2009
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle_JP View Post
I'm not so sure. His Girl Friday is public domain, but it didn't stop Sony from spending a great deal of money restoring the film for preservation purposes, and releasing a fine DVD of it. Criterion did a laserdisc of Halloween once upon a time. Maybe they can be pursuaded to give the grandaddy of all zombie flicks its due.
Criterion released Carnival Of Souls as well.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:23 AM   #52
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle_JP View Post
Releasing DVDs were orders of magnitude cheaper to produce than the equivalent Blu-ray. A good Blu-ray restoration and new transfer absolutely dwarfs the cost to produce an acceptable DVD. Which is why we are seeing fewer and fewer catalog titles on Blu-ray.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:28 AM   #53
Banned

Jul 2009

Quote:
Releasing DVDs were orders of magnitude cheaper to produce than the equivalent Blu-ray. A good Blu-ray restoration and new transfer absolutely dwarfs the cost to produce an acceptable DVD. Which is why we are seeing fewer and fewer catalog titles on Blu-ray.
It was already restored for the DVD release. It's just the Weinsteins are ****ed up economically and couldn't do much in recent years. It's also the same reason why they are sitting on their Suspiria license.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:52 AM   #54
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008

Quote:
The restoration of His Girl Friday went way beyond blu-ray. When Sony was finished, they had a pristine 35mm archival print. It was not a restoration that was strictly in the video realm. This despite the fact that it had lapsed into the public domain.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:57 PM   #55

Feb 2011

Links to online retailers selling the various versions of NOTLD would be really, really helpful.

I'm just sayin'.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:13 AM   #56
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2011
Toronto, Canada
Send a message via AIM to Forever Knight Send a message via MSN to Forever Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Forever Knight
Default Night of the Living Dead & Flesheater B-R Questions

Anyone here picked these up?. If so, what did you think of the picture quality for both films?.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:42 AM   #57
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2011
Toronto, Canada
Send a message via AIM to Forever Knight Send a message via MSN to Forever Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Forever Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoodles95 View Post
I have bought the BD from Forgotten Films and it is on its way in the post. I will add my two cents to this thread once I get my copy. I am hopeful it is a nice upgrade over my existing DVD.
I got my copy on the way as well. What did you think of the pic quality?.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:18 AM   #58

Mar 2011
Spokane, WA

I'm just happy with the Weinstein release. I think its the best quality we will see for a while
"...or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
Old 03-07-2011, 09:53 AM   #59
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2010
Detroit, MI

Yeah, we need a region 1 proper release of this...NOW
Hate Kills Us All
Old 03-07-2011, 01:59 PM   #60
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrunter View Post
Links to online retailers selling the various versions of NOTLD would be really, really helpful.

I'm just sayin'.
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Night-...Blu-ray/14216/
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America