COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$11.98
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Just Go With It (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Monsters (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Blacklist: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The NeverEnding Story (Blu-ray)
$13.89
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Cold in July (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Rio 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
My Neighbor Totoro (Blu-ray)
$22.49

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-08-2013, 11:33 PM   #221
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2012
Knoxville, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Sorry!
I keep adding to my BB haul list
Old 08-08-2013, 11:35 PM   #222
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCMT9 View Post
I keep adding to my BB haul list
It's a sickness, I know!

<------
Old 08-09-2013, 01:11 AM   #223
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2012
Knoxville, TN

Picked up the last copy of each....
Old 08-09-2013, 01:15 AM   #224
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCMT9 View Post
Picked up the last copy of each....
I can, pretty much, guarantee you won't regret it.
Heck, don't just take my word for it, check out the site's reviews. Any site's review for that matter.
$16 for both movies, that's less than I paid for each one! A tremendous deal!
Old 08-09-2013, 02:00 AM   #225
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2012
Knoxville, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
I can, pretty much, guarantee you won't regret it.
Heck, don't just take my word for it, check out the site's reviews. Any site's review for that matter.
$16 for both movies, that's less than I paid for each one! A tremendous deal!
I'd say so! Thanks for the recommendation. I almost bought Samsara when it was $19.99 a while back. Glad I held off!
Old 09-08-2013, 05:05 AM   #226

Dec 2010
MA, USA

Check this app called Filmpter (written by my wife ): http://filmpter.com. It has almost all locations from Samsara and also in Baraka and Chronos. You can see them as you watch the movies, and what is quite cool explore them on the map.

Right now available for iphone only (works on ipad and ipod touch as well, of course). Direct link to App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/filmpter/id695148741
Old 09-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #227

Aug 2008
Biloxi Ms

I know this is an old thread but i just wanted to share that i picked this up for 7.99 new bin at BB awhile back and for some reason never viewed until this morning. Long story short, i now have a new reference blu for my theater! WOW, stunning! took these from my iphone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.jpg (20.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.jpg (19.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg photo 3.jpg (21.1 KB, 10 views)
"I do not condone what i do but i will not deny myself the pleasure!"
Old 12-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #228

Jul 2007
Irving, Texas
Send a message via AIM to RScottyL Send a message via MSN to RScottyL Send a message via Yahoo to RScottyL

Now with 4k televisions coming out, this would be great to re-release this in 4k.

It would also be great demo material for the tv manufacturers!
Current Setup:
Mitsubishi WD60C9 DLP TV
Onkyo TX-NR609
Playstation 3 250GB
Verizon FIOS TV
Verizon QIP7216 HD/PVR
Old 07-20-2014, 03:13 PM   #229

Jul 2014

Warning: I'm one of those guys that comedians make fun of. I just like shiny objects. I don't care about aspect ratios, Hz, slight artifacts, surround sound, etc.

This Blu-ray is freaking amazing as eye candy. The beginning was so clean and colorful, we were actually laughing. Some of shots looked like CGI.

Is Baraka better? I think so. But if you liked Baraka, you can pick this up and won't be disappointed. Just please, and I beg you, please don't watch the Samsara extras. The pretentious attitude is so thick, it ruined the movie when I watched it again. And unlike Baraka, parts of Samsara seemed to drag a little in parts.

For detractors of Samsara, maybe I just got lucky with my current setup. And now that I know about newer technologies like interpolation and the "soap opera effect," I'm playing catch-up as fast as I can. I'd have to thank the entertaining flood of hate about The Hobbit for sending me down this technology rabbit hole.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:24 PM   #230
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2008
Dagobah

Quote:
Originally Posted by losthasher View Post
Warning: I'm one of those guys that comedians make fun of. I just like shiny objects. I don't care about aspect ratios, Hz, slight artifacts, surround sound, etc.

This Blu-ray is freaking amazing as eye candy. The beginning was so clean and colorful, we were actually laughing. Some of shots looked like CGI.

Is Baraka better? I think so. But if you liked Baraka, you can pick this up and won't be disappointed. Just please, and I beg you, please don't watch the Samsara extras. The pretentious attitude is so thick, it ruined the movie when I watched it again. And unlike Baraka, parts of Samsara seemed to drag a little in parts.

For detractors of Samsara, maybe I just got lucky with my current setup. And now that I know about newer technologies like interpolation and the "soap opera effect," I'm playing catch-up as fast as I can. I'd have to thank the entertaining flood of hate about The Hobbit for sending me down this technology rabbit hole.
What are you talking about? The extras of Samsara are fantastic and pretty much a must watch. I didn't have the slightest problem with anyone, and it's extremely informative and interesting.

So, please do yourself a favour and DO watch the bonus content on Samsara.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:32 PM   #231

Jul 2014

Blu:

Glad someone has a differing opinion. I did give a warning that I'm a type of guy that comedians make fun of. I probably should have also mentioned that I'm quite jaded.

As I work through more threads here, any thoughts on the Qatsi Trilogy? Worried because of the price.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:15 PM   #232

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by losthasher View Post
Blu:

Glad someone has a differing opinion. I did give a warning that I'm a type of guy that comedians make fun of. I probably should have also mentioned that I'm quite jaded.

As I work through more threads here, any thoughts on the Qatsi Trilogy? Worried because of the price.
The Qatsi trilogy is a bit more "pointed" than Baraka or Samsara. More time manipulation, some of the cutting is faster, some of the images more "action packed", and the score is more aggressive (I'm very fond of the score so I do not intend this as a criticism). If you like Baraka/Samsara I'm sure you'd like the first two Qatsis; most people (myself included) do not care for Naqoyqatsi (though the Philip Glass score is just as good as the other movies). As to the cost, this is the best time to buy the trilogy box, as the Barnes & Noble 50% off Criterion sale is in effect.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
70mm, baraka, chronos, ron fricke, samsara