Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Charade (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Pawnbroker (Blu-ray)
$19.16
Spider-Man / Spider-Man 2 / Spider-Man 3 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
I, Robot 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Say
$29.99
The Assassins (Blu-ray)
$6.98

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #301
slick1ru2 slick1ru2 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
slick1ru2's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
The South
477
130
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsman71 View Post
I watched Puppet Masters and I thought it was great ! One of my favorite double feature Blu Rays !
I bought this FOR Puppet Masters. Thought its highly underrated, Sutherland is great.
PSN Name slick1ru2
XBox Gamer Tag slick1ru2
Panasonic TC-P60GT50
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:59 AM   #302
dsman71 dsman71 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
dsman71's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
711
981
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post
I bought this FOR Puppet Masters. Thought its highly underrated, Sutherland is great.
Agreed....originally I bought it Deep Rising but Puppet Masters was just as good for different reasons, so it was a winner winner sci fi dinner !
It great when you love both films on a double feature disc !
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:08 AM   #303
slick1ru2 slick1ru2 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
slick1ru2's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
The South
477
130
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsman71 View Post
Agreed....originally I bought it Deep Rising but Puppet Masters was just as good for different reasons, so it was a winner winner sci fi dinner !
It great when you love both films on a double feature disc !
And I just got another double. Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry/Race With The Devil. Seen the second as a kid, never saw the first. Hope I like it, sounds like I will from the reviews. And I like Deep Rising too, not enough to by but I'll check it out again, its a good movie.
PSN Name slick1ru2
XBox Gamer Tag slick1ru2
Panasonic TC-P60GT50
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:19 AM   #304
dsman71 dsman71 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
dsman71's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
711
981
Default

Deep Rising - for me its the cool Rob Bottin designed monster - its a bit tongue in cheek but it works for me. I was into the characters - the story just clicked with me , but the monster was the main selling point for me. Im heavily into monster movies
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:29 AM   #305
slick1ru2 slick1ru2 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
slick1ru2's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
The South
477
130
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsman71 View Post
Deep Rising - for me its the cool Rob Bottin designed monster - its a bit tongue in cheek but it works for me. I was into the characters - the story just clicked with me , but the monster was the main selling point for me. Im heavily into monster movies
Me too. Speaking of which, I wish that Godzilla Final Wars was available. And have you checked out The Host?




and Sector 7?

PSN Name slick1ru2
XBox Gamer Tag slick1ru2
Panasonic TC-P60GT50
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #306
raven007 raven007 is offline
Banned
 
Oct 2012
123
53
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post
Me too. Speaking of which, I wish that Godzilla Final Wars was available. And have you checked out The Host?




and Sector 7?

What is this movie about?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #307
raven007 raven007 is offline
Banned
 
Oct 2012
123
53
1
Default

I would get this just for deep rising I've watched it many times on tv I'm even watching it right now as I write this on the movie channel xtra HD. Now the puppet master idk I never seen or heard of the movie but the but the idea of aliens taking over people's bodies reminds me of the movies the host and invasion of the body snatchers
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:21 AM   #308
MacEachaidh MacEachaidh is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
MacEachaidh's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Edge of the Accretion Disc
569
26
2
Default

Puppet Masters does seem pretty generic now, though it was much more original when it was first written (in 1951; Finny's Invasion of the The Body Snatchers was published in 1954).

The movie version itself plays as a pretty mundane made-for-TV adaptation. I was content to watch it out of curiosity, but I doubt I'll give it another spin any time soon. I bought this for Deep Rising, and while I would have liked to see it get a fuller treatment, I'm just glad it got to Blu-ray at all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:27 AM   #309
erixon20 erixon20 is offline
Special Member
 
erixon20's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
Chapel Hill, NC
151
72
11
Default

I got the double feature on ebay a couple of months ago for like 4.50.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:26 AM   #310
thedarkangel1975 thedarkangel1975 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
thedarkangel1975's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Pennsylvania
606
11
143
Default

Is it true that Deep Rising is edited? A review on Amazon states it is missing the entire scene where Famke Jansen is introduced is skipped. It skips right to where she is breaking in the safe.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:30 AM   #311
donidarko donidarko is online now
Active Member
 
donidarko's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
345
268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkangel1975 View Post
Is it true that Deep Rising is edited? A review on Amazon states it is missing the entire scene where Famke Jansen is introduced is skipped. It skips right to where she is breaking in the safe.
Not true. She is introduced in the main ballroom, sipping champagne and taking the captains key card.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:37 AM   #312
thedarkangel1975 thedarkangel1975 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
thedarkangel1975's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Pennsylvania
606
11
143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donidarko View Post
Not true. She is introduced in the main ballroom, sipping champagne and taking the captains key card.
Awesome! Thanks I will buy then!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:58 AM   #313
MacEachaidh MacEachaidh is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
MacEachaidh's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Edge of the Accretion Disc
569
26
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkangel1975 View Post
Is it true that Deep Rising is edited? A review on Amazon states it is missing the entire scene where Famke Jansen is introduced is skipped. It skips right to where she is breaking in the safe.
Unfortunately, the review you read demonstrates why we all need to be wary of putting too much credence in info that's posted on Amazon. As donidarko said, the Blu-ray hasn't been edited not at all sure what was going on with the Amazon poster's copy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:08 AM   #314
slick1ru2 slick1ru2 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
slick1ru2's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
The South
477
130
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
Unfortunately, the review you read demonstrates why we all need to be wary of putting too much credence in info that's posted on Amazon. As donidarko said, the Blu-ray hasn't been edited not at all sure what was going on with the Amazon poster's copy.
To that end Anne Rice has started a petition for Amazon to require real names on reviews. This is because of the massive amount of hateful, spiteful reviews on the website by those that are anonymous. It has gotten really bad, these trolls go on and are just vicious and seem to delight in making authors upset. And there are those naive enough to believe the reviews.
PSN Name slick1ru2
XBox Gamer Tag slick1ru2
Panasonic TC-P60GT50
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:22 AM   #315
thedarkangel1975 thedarkangel1975 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
thedarkangel1975's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Pennsylvania
606
11
143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post
To that end Anne Rice has started a petition for Amazon to require real names on reviews. This is because of the massive amount of hateful, spiteful reviews on the website by those that are anonymous. It has gotten really bad, these trolls go on and are just vicious and seem to delight in making authors upset. And there are those naive enough to believe the reviews.
I don't blame her. I hate Amazon for that. I just wanted to be on the safe side with this and asked here because I trust the posters.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:43 AM.