Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$14.99
4 hrs ago
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
8 hrs ago
Jersey Boys (Blu-ray)
$14.99
4 hrs ago
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$9.99
4 hrs ago
Alien Anthology and Prometheus (Blu-ray)
$19.98
8 hrs ago
Ice Age 4 Movie Set (Blu-ray)
$16.99
21 hrs ago
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$14.99
7 hrs ago
Tammy (Blu-ray)
$14.99
5 hrs ago
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (Blu-ray)
$4.99
2 hrs ago
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Alien Quadrilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.99
21 hrs ago
A Million Ways to Die in the West (Blu-ray)
$11.99
7 hrs ago
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 12-19-2014, 09:44 PM   #3521
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
USA

Good God, that HT Hulkbuster's gotta be about two feet high.
You can't stop progress.
Thanks given by:
Forever Knight (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:13 AM   #3522
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2011
Toronto, Canada
Send a message via AIM to Forever Knight Send a message via MSN to Forever Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Forever Knight

I want that HT Thanos !!!!!!!!!!!
Old Yesterday, 01:36 AM   #3523
Expert Member

Jun 2012
Texas, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean B. View Post
I guess that conformes that J.A.R.V.I.S and Vision will in fact be separate in Avengers: Age of Ultron ?
Sure sounds like it. Besides, JARVIS' AI and hardware shouldn't be tossed out just because Vision is created.
Thanks given by:
unhipjosh (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:40 AM   #3524
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008
Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by djakrse View Post
Paul Bettany Teases AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON's Vision Mystery

Maybe I haven't paid enough attention, but I believed Jarvis and Vision would be separate all along, even if Vision was an evolution of Jarvis.
I've always thought JARVIS would be in the movie for the first bit but then Ultron would make him into Vision. Combine him with the android body.
Formerly : eagles_fan_05 / skins_fan_05 / vikings_fan_05

8-time NCAA Men's Basketball Champions (Soon to get #9)
Old Yesterday, 02:43 AM   #3525
Expert Member

Jun 2012
Texas, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_fan_05 View Post
I've always thought JARVIS would be in the movie for the first bit but then Ultron would make him into Vision. Combine him with the android body.
Vision, known as a synthesoid in the comics (somewhere between android and human), is a huge upgrade both in the AI and obviously his body is practically generations ahead of anything you'd expect for an android's first appearance. JARVIS and Vision seem totally independent to me, like even if the programming has advanced and the AI evolved, the version that is the JARVIS we know still exists. Not like a child that has grown up. I think it could go either way, just depending on whether JARVIS is still useful to the story I guess. In the comics, obviously Jarvis is the butler at Avenger mansion. I hope they keep "him" around.
Old Yesterday, 02:55 AM   #3526
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008
Kentucky

Quote:
Vision, known as a synthesoid in the comics (somewhere between android and human), is a huge upgrade both in the AI and obviously his body is practically generations ahead of anything you'd expect for an android's first appearance. JARVIS and Vision seem totally independent to me, like even if the programming has advanced and the AI evolved, the version that is the JARVIS we know still exists. Not like a child that has grown up. I think it could go either way, just depending on whether JARVIS is still useful to the story I guess. In the comics, obviously Jarvis is the butler at Avenger mansion. I hope they keep "him" around.
Synthezoid IS a type of android. With a man flying around in a suit of armor, the God of thunder, a man frozen for 70 years in ice still kicking, and a Hulk, Vision being "practically generations ahead of anything you'd expect for an android's first appearance" is nothing surprising in the MCU.

I don't think they will be separate though in the end. I think JARVIS becomes Vision, due to Ultron of course, maybe due to something along the lines of Ultron forcing him or showing him he can be more than just a voice, but a living thing. Hitting that right note. He becomes his own thing and not just a voice to Tony anymore. Guess we have to wait a few more months to see.

Old Yesterday, 03:10 AM   #3527
Expert Member

Jun 2012
Texas, USA

Quote:
Synthezoid IS a type of android.
That's what I meant, but Vision is closer to human in AI.
Quote:
With a man flying around in a suit of armor, the God of thunder, a man frozen for 70 years in ice still kicking, and a Hulk, Vision being "practically generations ahead of anything you'd expect for an android's first appearance" is nothing surprising in the MCU.
Not surprising in the MCU at all, but for something created by Ultron, it shows massive progress, both in AI and form... It seems like starting from scratch to me, hence why there's no reason they can't coexist.
Quote:
I don't think they will be separate though in the end. I think JARVIS becomes Vision, due to Ultron of course, maybe due to something along the lines of Ultron forcing him or showing him he can be more than just a voice, but a living thing. Hitting that right note. He becomes his own thing and not just a voice to Tony anymore. Guess we have to wait a few more months to see.
I agree with this, but for "becomes." What I've been trying to say is Vision's not just an upgrade of JARVIS, like we think of upgraded soft/hardware. He's an evolution in concept, far more advanced. I don't think JARVIS evolved on his own, however, that Stark's code could evolve to sentience.

JARVIS, as Stark created him shouldn't be enough to become Vision, just having been ported to an android body. JARVIS' code could be backed up, ported, advanced just like a program, but without Ultron's help, he doesn't become Vision.

Like you said, the storyline may not have use for them both, but from the tech behind the two, there's definitely no reason they can't both exist.
Old Yesterday, 03:44 AM   #3528
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008
Kentucky

Quote:
That's what I meant, but Vision is closer to human in AI. Not surprising in the MCU at all, but for something created by Ultron, it shows massive progress, both in AI and form... It seems like starting from scratch to me, hence why there's no reason they can't coexist.

I agree with this, but for "becomes." What I've been trying to say is Vision's not just an upgrade of JARVIS, like we think of upgraded soft/hardware. He's an evolution in concept, far more advanced. I don't think JARVIS evolved on his own, however, that Stark's code could evolve to sentience.

JARVIS, as Stark created him shouldn't be enough to become Vision, just having been ported to an android body. JARVIS' code could be backed up, ported, advanced just like a program, but without Ultron's help, he doesn't become Vision.

Like you said, the storyline may not have use for them both, but from the tech behind the two, there's definitely no reason they can't both exist.
Oh, I agree they can coexist, I just don't think that is what will happen. I don't think JARVIS will become sentient on his own either, it will be because of Ultron. That is what I have been saying. I also just don't think it is a coincidence that Paul Bettany has voiced JARVIS for 4 films and is now going to be playing JARVIS and Vision in the next film.

Thanks given by:
djakrse (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:52 AM   #3529
Expert Member

Jun 2012
Texas, USA

Quote:
Oh, I agree they can coexist, I just don't think that is what will happen. I don't think JARVIS will become sentient on his own either, it will be because of Ultron. That is what I have been saying. I also just don't think it is a coincidence that Paul Bettany has voiced JARVIS for 4 films and is now going to be playing JARVIS and Vision in the next film.
The way Bettany worded his response is the only reason we're debating this at all. It could just be accidental and unlikely. Incidentally, I wonder how many times an actor has voiced one character and played another physically, both using his own voice.

It also makes sense Stark might get rid of JARVIS by the end of AoU, so that he can't be used to create another Ultron in the future.
Thanks given by:
Ray_Rogers (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:32 AM   #3530
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008
Kentucky

Quote:
The way Bettany worded his response is the only reason we're debating this at all. It could just be accidental and unlikely. Incidentally, I wonder how many times an actor has voiced one character and played another physically, both using his own voice.

It also makes sense Stark might get rid of JARVIS by the end of AoU, so that he can't be used to create another Ultron in the future.
I think he worded it like that for a reason. To try and throw everybody off.

Old Yesterday, 05:38 AM   #3531
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga

Quote:
Sure sounds like it. Besides, JARVIS' AI and hardware shouldn't be tossed out just because Vision is created.
Oh, I see. I agree, J.A.R.V.I.S AI and hardware shouldn't be tossed out just because Vision is created as you said.
Old Today, 12:27 AM   #3532
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009
Watsonville, California

This might be old news but whatever. Would be awesome if Andy Serkis as Ulysses Klaw also features in CAPTAIN AMERICA: Civil War and BLACK PANTHER.

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/23/andy...vengers-age-o/

EDIT: May 1st can't get here fast enough. Wonder if other characters will have minor cameos. Maybe more Inhumans?
My DVD Collection (Keeping it separate.)
Importer supporter. & Multi-Region Capable!
The Other Stuff +132 BD's
Film grain and original cinematic audio advocate. Anti-DNR/EE. To hell with DVD, UV & Digital Copy combos. Gimme Blu-ray disc ONLY!
Old Today, 02:47 AM   #3533
Special Member

Apr 2008
Orlando, FL

I am still hoping that Dum-E joins Ultron.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies