COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Flatliners (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Week with Marilyn (Blu-ray)
$7.79
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Anaconda (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Hidden Kingdoms (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Tropic Thunder (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Sin City (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Shawshank Redemption (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$31.99
3 Days to Kill (Blu-ray)
$14.99
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Battleship (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Bourne Legacy (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Wolverine (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries

Old 07-09-2014, 01:19 PM   #2421
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss

Good Morning EBoogie!!!!!!

Have you received those new stabilizers for you speakers yet ?
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
Harman/Kardon~ Acoustic Research
SVS
Old 07-09-2014, 10:59 PM   #2422
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeRuss View Post
Oh yeah and it's got some pretty good HD music tracks on it too
Now I want one!

Quote:

Have you received those new stabilizers for you speakers yet ?
What's up bro!! I didn't order the stabilizers yet. However, I might have something in my bag of tricks coming soon ! Keep your eyes open for a possible gallery change in the next week or so.
Receiver-Yamaha RXV-3800, Amps- Pass Labs X250, Pass Labs X3, DAC- M2Tech Young, Projector-Epson 8500UB, Screen-Elite 103", Remote-TSU 9600, Towers-Focal Electra 1038be2, Center chan- Focal 1038be, Side surr-Polk Rm6751, Rear surr-Polk FXi3, Sub-Paradigm PW2200 Ver2, DVR-Dish VP622, Console-Xbox 360 Elite, Xbox Kinect, HTPC-Antec fusion black enclosure.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:21 AM   #2423
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejusted View Post

What's up bro!! I didn't order the stabilizers yet. However, I might have something in my bag of tricks coming soon ! Keep your eyes open for a possible gallery change in the next week or so.
Will do my brother cause you always do things in a big way
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
SVS
Old 07-10-2014, 12:28 AM   #2424
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008
LOTR Auckland, New Zealand (Down Under)

Hey ejusted,

What does this do? The box thing.

Gear
Source: 2 x Oppo BDP103D's, PS3, PS4 and iPod Classic 160G with Arcam drDock.
Projection: DreamVision Yunzi + 3 Tentation Ltd. Ed.
Amplification: Marantz SR7008, 2 x Marantz MM7055's.
Speakers (7.3): 4 x Polk RtiA7's, Polk CSP1000, Polk PS1200, 2 x Atlantic IC-8.2/6.2's and 2 x SVS SB Ultra 13's.
Headphones: Sennheiser HD700, Oppo HA-1.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:59 AM   #2425
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badas View Post
Hey ejusted,

What does this do? The box thing.

That's a good question!! According to my dealer when I purchased them. Most cables "in theory" have one pole?? Uni or single pole I guess.
The box is called a network circuit that increases the number of articulating poles. This is supposed to increase the frequency of the cable, therefore making it sound good.
To be honest, I liked them because it was a sturdy well made cable. My dealer also gave me a great deal on them. They DO sound great on my system. :-)
Receiver-Yamaha RXV-3800, Amps- Pass Labs X250, Pass Labs X3, DAC- M2Tech Young, Projector-Epson 8500UB, Screen-Elite 103", Remote-TSU 9600, Towers-Focal Electra 1038be2, Center chan- Focal 1038be, Side surr-Polk Rm6751, Rear surr-Polk FXi3, Sub-Paradigm PW2200 Ver2, DVR-Dish VP622, Console-Xbox 360 Elite, Xbox Kinect, HTPC-Antec fusion black enclosure.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:27 AM   #2426
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008
LOTR Auckland, New Zealand (Down Under)

Quote:
That's a good question!! According to my dealer when I purchased them. Most cables "in theory" have one pole?? Uni or single pole I guess.
The box is called a network circuit that increases the number of articulating poles. This is supposed to increase the frequency of the cable, therefore making it sound good.
To be honest, I liked them because it was a sturdy well made cable. My dealer also gave me a great deal on them. They DO sound great on my system. :-)
Interesting.

I'm running Straightwire myself.

Before HDMI I was running 6 RCA cables from a Denon DVD player to Denon AVR. When HDMI came into play all these cables were redundant. I payed a fortune for them $200 a pair of two. I always looked at them and wished I could re-use. Now I have set up a separate DAC and Headphone amp I'm using them all again.

These Straightwire's are labeled up directional. Meaning they will work both ways but are made (coiled) to be better in one direction. You have to be careful when installing that they are plugged the way the signal will flow.

I wonder if that is working on a similar idea?
Gear
Source: 2 x Oppo BDP103D's, PS3, PS4 and iPod Classic 160G with Arcam drDock.
Projection: DreamVision Yunzi + 3 Tentation Ltd. Ed.
Amplification: Marantz SR7008, 2 x Marantz MM7055's.
Speakers (7.3): 4 x Polk RtiA7's, Polk CSP1000, Polk PS1200, 2 x Atlantic IC-8.2/6.2's and 2 x SVS SB Ultra 13's.
Headphones: Sennheiser HD700, Oppo HA-1.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:54 PM   #2427
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

Good Morning EBoogie!!!!!

Quote:
What were you using prior to your MIT cables ?

Have you tried the likes of Audioquest, Calabrine, Valab etc. ? I'm considering upgrading my cabling and want some input.
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
SVS
Old 07-16-2014, 10:57 AM   #2428
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

Quote:
What's going on in your world kid ?
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
SVS
Old 07-16-2014, 09:55 PM   #2429
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badas View Post
Interesting.

I'm running Straightwire myself.

Before HDMI I was running 6 RCA cables from a Denon DVD player to Denon AVR. When HDMI came into play all these cables were redundant. I payed a fortune for them $200 a pair of two. I always looked at them and wished I could re-use. Now I have set up a separate DAC and Headphone amp I'm using them all again.

These Straightwire's are labeled up directional. Meaning they will work both ways but are made (coiled) to be better in one direction. You have to be careful when installing that they are plugged the way the signal will flow.

I wonder if that is working on a similar idea?
Sounds about the same. Just different tech maybe . Hey, as long as they sound good, I'm a happy camper.
Quote:
Good Morning EBoogie!!!!!

What were you using prior to your MIT cables ?

Have you tried the likes of Audioquest, Calabrine, Valab etc. ? I'm considering upgrading my cabling and want some input.
I have audioquest (diamondbacks) in my setup right now. I highly recommend them. I like how they are built. I have had them for years now and they look like I just took them out of the box. I did swap them out with the MIT cables to see if there was an audible difference once but I didn't notice anything. My dealer in NJ also let me try out a few uber expensive cables at one point . Cannot recall who made them....Nordost and Cardas come to mind. I didn't find anything significant enough to warrant those kind of price tags.
Quote:
What's going on in your world kid ?
Nothing much man. Just the daily grind. What about you?
Old 07-21-2014, 03:25 AM   #2430
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
New Jersey
Default PRE-AMP Purchase

So after about two years of looking around for a tube pre-amp with HT Bypass that would mesh well with my Pass gear and my M2tech young dac, I finally got my hands on the Odyssey Candela pre-amp. Initially what I liked most about the unit was its specs and the fact that it didn't break the bank in price.

As soon as I began removing it from the box I was impressed with the build quality and size of this unit. Its metal finishings not only look good, but add to its sturdiness. It fit right in with everything else in the cabinet. The owner of the company (I presume) threw in chrome knobs and NOS tubes with my purchase.

Set-up was also a breeze. Configuring the system to utilize the HT Bypass functionality so that only the 2-channel source components are coming through and not the AVR was easy. I can now play my music with the screen off and controlling the selections via my ipad or remote control. Currently, I'm going through the "break in" process. I can't wait to hear how the tube sound evolves after hours of play back.

The next change in the HT will probably be my receiver. Even though it has served me well for so many years, one of the audio connections has failed on me recently and I feel like its technology is slowly becoming obsolete. For now, I am content with my new purchase!! I'll keep you guys posted on my new toy.

Last edited by ejusted; 07-21-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:36 AM   #2431
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2008
Alexandria, VA

congrats on your new purchase Easy E! please keep us posted!
55" Sony SXRD KDS-A552000 1080P
PS3 Slim & XBOX 360 Elite, Wii, iPhone5 64gb
iPad4 64gb, AppleTV-hdmi, NAS-1tb, Oppo BDP-105D, 105, 93 & 83 players
Onkyo PR-SC5507P Pre/Pro; TX-NR525 Harmony 1, SB-Touch, Axiom Spkrs M80v3, VP180v3, QS8v3, QS4v3 M2v3, Front 3 Bi-Wired! Emotiva XPA-5, UPA-200, UPA-2 & mini-x Amps, XDA-1DAC, X-Ref 12 DSP Sub & Ultra Subs 12 Polk Audio SDA-2 & Monitor 10, Monitor 5Jr speakers
NY GIANTS!
Old 07-21-2014, 10:38 AM   #2432
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

And Congratulations on your new pre-amp
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
SVS
Old 07-21-2014, 03:38 PM   #2433
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
congrats on your new purchase Easy E! please keep us posted!
Quote:

And Congratulations on your new pre-amp
Thanks guys!! I've been procrastinating for a while now, but it was worth the wait.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:57 PM   #2434
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

Quote:
Thanks guys!! I've been procrastinating for a while now, but it was worth the wait.

Isn't that the same line Derrell was looking at ?
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
SVS
Old Yesterday, 12:16 AM   #2435
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2013
Between Heaven ↑ & Hell ↓ ......

Congrats on the new pre-amp! That's a beautiful piece!
"Noise soup. I just made it. Taste it with your ears."
~ MAIN HT ~
harman/kardon ~ ADCOM ~ ADC ~ oppo
PolkAudio ~ SVS ~ Sony ~ Insignia

~ BEDROOM HT ~
harman/kardon ~ Parasound ~ Pioneer
Wharfedale ~ Sound Dynamics ~ Samsung ~ Sharp
Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM   #2436
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
New Jersey

Quote:
Isn't that the same line Derrell was looking at ?
I think he ended up going with the Cambridge audio. I'm not sure though. I know we both were looking at the same pre-amp at one time. He may have also looked into their power amps as well. He hasn't been on here in so long. I forget what he ended up settling up with. His system is definitely one of my favs!! Although, when you have twins arrive.....all that stuff takes a back seat for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy13 View Post
Congrats on the new pre-amp! That's a beautiful piece!
Thanks Billy!!
Old Yesterday, 07:28 PM   #2437

Oct 2009
Deep Space

Nice pre-amp congrats
Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM   #2438
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

Quote:
I think he ended up going with the Cambridge audio. I'm not sure though. I know we both were looking at the same pre-amp at one time. He may have also looked into their power amps as well. He hasn't been on here in so long. I forget what he ended up settling up with. His system is definitely one of my favs!! Although, when you have twins arrive.....all that stuff takes a back seat for a while.
He did .............

He had a hard time getting the Odessey power amps delivered to his home and went with a Cambridge/ Bryston combo instead .............
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
SVS
Old Yesterday, 10:33 PM   #2439
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazdogg View Post
Nice pre-amp congrats
Thanks crazdogg!!!
Quote:
He did .............

He had a hard time getting the Odessey power amps delivered to his home and went with a Cambridge/ Bryston combo instead .............
Aahhhh ok. I didn't have any major hiccups with my purchase, other than I had to wait a while for it to be built. I am not familiar with their amps. Judging by the looks of the Candela, I am sure they are well put together.

Also, what are your thoughts on the show in BK? ?
Old Yesterday, 10:42 PM   #2440
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

Quote:
Thanks crazdogg!!!

Aahhhh ok. I didn't have any major hiccups with my purchase, other than I had to wait a while for it to be built. I am not familiar with their amps. Judging by the looks of the Candela, I am sure they are well put together.

Also, what are your thoughts on the show in BK? ?
So far it looks like a go

I think CrazDogg, Sunny Dee & LDogg may make an appearance
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
SVS
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries