COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Marvel Bundle (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Revolution: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$17.96
Breaking Bad: The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$20.98
3 Days to Kill (Blu-ray)
$14.99
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Legend of Korra - Book Two: Spirits (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Divergent (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Battleship (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Ginger Snaps (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 09-20-2013, 08:18 AM   #121

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHighRoller View Post
One thing that is strange is that these two and A Series of Unfortunate Events are Paramount/Warner Bros. releases, and both have been released everywhere except the U.S. on Blu-ray. I wonder what the problem is.
I was wondering this as well. These are three movies that I want in my collection and if I can don't want to import just yet.
My collection click HT Gallery to view them.
My WTB's HERE
Served in the Military and like blu's come talk about it HERE

*Alert!!!* Best Buy Will Be Changing And Shrinking Their Media Section Soon!!!

Click HERE for more details.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #122
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Northern Kentucky

I wonder of when it will be before we get an official announcement for these movies?
Old 09-30-2013, 09:47 AM   #123

Oct 2012
Australia

Caps-a-holic comparison of "The Addams Family" French blu and the US DVD:

http://caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleich...d_multiID=1297

Whoever decided DNR needed to be applied deserves a Jethro Gibbs-style slap to the back of the head.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #124
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2013

Were these only released in Mexico?
TV: Panasonic TC-P42S60
PSN ID: beatlemania63
Minnesota Vikings Fan
UV Codes For Sale!!
"If thatís true, if you donít know who I am, then maybe your best courseÖ would be to tread lightly."
Old 10-07-2013, 10:46 PM   #125

Jun 2010
Paris, France

The first movie on Blu-Ray was just released in France.
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

William Butler Yeats
Old 10-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #126
3D Moderator

Jul 2007

The first film is also available in the UK. Amazon.co.uk just shipped mine!
3D TV: Panasonic TC-P58VT25 | RECEIVER: Onkyo TX-SR708 Network 3D Receiver | BLU-RAY: Sony BDP-S780 w 2D to 3D conversion + 120 GB PS3 SLIM w/500GB Hard Drive Mod | DirecTV HD HR-24 3D Receiver | Mac Mini
SPEAKERS: Front - 2 Klipsch WF-34 Cabernet / Rears 4 Klipsch VS-14's / Klipsch WC-24 Center / Klipsch Sub SW-450
Old 10-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #127

Oct 2013
Thumbs down Terrible Transfer

Hi all,

Have just received my blu ray copy of the Addams Family and to say I am dissapointed is an understatement! No extras and the transfer is simply awful, it's no better than the VHS in my opinion, release looks rushed and nowhere near HD standard, what were they thinking, don't think I will get Values if this is released aswell, awful, simply awful,

Aaron.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #128
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Northern Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aezeroony View Post
Hi all,

Have just received my blu ray copy of the Addams Family and to say I am dissapointed is an understatement! No extras and the transfer is simply awful, it's no better than the VHS in my opinion, release looks rushed and nowhere near HD standard, what were they thinking, don't think I will get Values if this is released aswell, awful, simply awful,

Aaron.
That's terrible! I hope that NA version doesn't have this as well. Otherwise I will be very disappointed. Perhaps just to be safe whenever we get an announcement it might be best to wait for a Blu-ray review on the films just to see how the quality on the screencaps look.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:11 AM   #129
3D Moderator

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aezeroony View Post
Hi all,

Aaron.

I received mine from Amazon.co.uk. Watched the whole thing from start to finish. There are two trailers in HD.
No new extras, but at least we didn't lose anything. I found the audio quality to be a nice and noticeable improvement over the dvd. When I saw the paramount logo at the beginning I was instantly worried. However following the logo, The PQ isn't quite the disaster I was expecting. I would give it a 2.5 out of 5.
There is quite a bit of print damage, and it is pretty obvious that they applied generous DNR throughout.
However, it is still a major improvement from the DVD, and comparing it to the VHS is just ludicrous.
I fully expect both films to be re-released by Warner/Paramount in the US next fall with transfers that should easily surpass this one.
The transfer on this Blu-ray is a nice holdover and inexpensive. As a fan of the film, it was nice to see it in HD for the first time since the theater, even if major improvement is needed.
3D TV: Panasonic TC-P58VT25 | RECEIVER: Onkyo TX-SR708 Network 3D Receiver | BLU-RAY: Sony BDP-S780 w 2D to 3D conversion + 120 GB PS3 SLIM w/500GB Hard Drive Mod | DirecTV HD HR-24 3D Receiver | Mac Mini
SPEAKERS: Front - 2 Klipsch WF-34 Cabernet / Rears 4 Klipsch VS-14's / Klipsch WC-24 Center / Klipsch Sub SW-450
Old 10-22-2013, 11:49 PM   #130

Jul 2011
NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Zero View Post
don't they care about these old films??, don't think anyone is interested??.
Nope and nope, sadly.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:03 AM   #131

Mar 2012
Buffalo, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guystudios View Post
I fully expect both films to be re-released by Warner/Paramount in the US next fall with transfers that should easily surpass this one.
I would not hold my breath on new transfers, hopefully the US releases will use newer/better masters, but as of late there has been an increases of studios using whatever master is lying around, reusing it for Blu-Ray and calling it a day.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #132
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Northern Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades1370 View Post
I would not hold my breath on new transfers, hopefully the US releases will use newer/better masters, but as of late there has been an increases of studios using whatever master is lying around, reusing it for Blu-Ray and calling it a day.
Probably the transfer that they will use is the DVD because it is the most recent digital remastered quality that they have available. I am not expecting anythign spectacular with the Blu-ray whenever it becomes available but I am hoping for at least a 3.5 or 4 in quality when it is finally released. Also I hoping that they give some special features this time around, it really bummed me out when I bought the DVDs a few years ago and the only supplements made available were the trailers.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #133
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades1370 View Post
Yep, seems to be the case most of the time.
JVC DLA-RS4810 front projector (ISF pro-cal'd)
Stewart StudioTek 100, CinemaScope 108" wide screen
Samsung 51" F5300 plasma
Oppo BDP-983 & BDP-103D Blu-ray player
Denon AVR-X3000 (Audyssey pro-cal'd)
Definitive Technology Pro Monitor 1000 (fronts)
Definitive Technology Pro Monitor 800 (surrounds x 4)
HSU VTF-15H sub
Old 11-14-2013, 09:35 PM   #134

Nov 2011

So, still no Addams Family Double Feature U.S. Blu-ray? I sold my double feature DVD version for no reason.
Top 5 Blu-ray Packagings: #1 Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventure U.K. Set, #2 Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection Limited Edition Set, #3 Drive Steelbook, #4 Universal Monsters Coffin Box Set, #5 Day of the Dead Collector's Edition
Old 11-14-2013, 09:54 PM   #135
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011
Youngstown, Ohio

If the U.S. versions of The Addams Family/Addams Family Values don't undergo 4K restorations,
then they will be two flicks that I'll skip buying.

That's a shame, because I'm a BIG fan of both films.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:02 PM   #136

Nov 2012

I really really wanna see both these films on blu-ray Addams Family Values is my 11th favorite movie of all time. I have the two films on one DVD. If warner brothers releases this i hope they don't do one of there stupid double packs like they've done with some other films. I really hope that warner brothers puts some deleted scenes in there along with some promos and trailers. I really wish they would release them individually. Or if they do a double pack at least put them on separate discs so the quality doesn't suck. I think it'd be really cool if they could get some of the cast and crew to record a new audio commentary. Idk i just hope when this done happen that WB doesn't **** it up.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:36 PM   #137
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
North Carolina

I wanna see Addams Family Reuinion get a BD release! That one was my favorite, but I don't see it coming out anytime soon, of at all...
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America