Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Red Cliff Part I & II (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Gone with the Pope (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Ong Bak Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$13.49
Don't Go in the Woods (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Sons of Anarchy: Season Seven (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Mother (Blu-ray)
$7.64
Life Itself (Blu-ray)
$13.49
Nymphomaniac Extended Director's Cut (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Imitation Game (Blu-ray)
$19.96
To the Wonder (Blu-ray)
$7.64
How I Live Now (Blu-ray)
$7.64
Porco Rosso (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-10-2015, 11:52 AM   #621
Blu-ray Guru

May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by baheidstu View Post
The "rumor" is based on the cartoon from the last newsletter, which most people actually believe is for Costa-Gavras's "Confession". I Confess is a Warner title so it's not likely to be licensed to Criterion (or anyone else for that matter).
Wasn't Foreign Correspondent also a Warner title (at least they were the ones who released it on the DVD)? And yet Criterion released it on blu ray. The rights for Hitch's movies seem to switch hands constantly.
"I couldn't think of a more horrible job if I wanted to. And you have to do it. You have to!"
Old 02-10-2015, 07:37 PM   #622
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by I KEEL YOU View Post
Wasn't Foreign Correspondent also a Warner title (at least they were the ones who released it on the DVD)? And yet Criterion released it on blu ray. The rights for Hitch's movies seem to switch hands constantly.
Warner held the rights through Castle Hill for a few years when they released it on DVD as part of their boxset. It's not historically a Warner title though.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:19 PM   #623

Nov 2010
Southern California, USA

The good news is...after waiting over 3 weeks for it to arrive from the U.K. my region B copy of Young and Innocent has finally arrived.

The bad news is...my region free BD Insignia player will not power up anymore and now I had to order a new region free player. $150 for a Sony S1200.
Alfred Hitchcock films on blu-ray thread. http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=198166
Old 02-12-2015, 06:40 PM   #624
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyHitchFan View Post
The good news is...after waiting over 3 weeks for it to arrive from the U.K. my region B copy of Young and Innocent has finally arrived.

The bad news is...my region free BD Insignia player will not power up anymore and now I had to order a new region free player. $150 for a Sony S1200.
Have you tried the 'Stop, Top Menu" trick on your normal player? I know it doesn't work on all players, but it works on mine for probably 80% of foreign region-locked discs.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:43 PM   #625
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyHitchFan View Post

There are cheaper options that many are pleased with

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=216607
Old 02-12-2015, 06:55 PM   #626
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Luckard View Post
Have you tried the 'Stop, Top Menu" trick on your normal player? I know it doesn't work on all players, but it works on mine for probably 80% of foreign region-locked discs.
I can confirm that Young and Innocent plays on my Panasonic.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:39 AM   #627

Nov 2010
Southern California, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
There are cheaper options that many are pleased with

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=216607
Thanks, but I like Sony players. Very reliable. I just sold my other Sony for $45, so I only paid $105 for the new one. The Insignia was $40 and lasted a few years. I got my money's worth. The new player arrives tomorrow, then I can watch and review Young and Innocent. Tried the Stop, Top Menu trick and it doesn't work. Oh, well.
Alfred Hitchcock films on blu-ray thread. http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=198166
Old 02-14-2015, 03:55 AM   #628

Nov 2010
Southern California, USA

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Young-...9/#UserReviews

I agree with the review posted here. Region B locked. Overall a very nice presentation, although there are some vertical scratches present and sometimes shots are a bit blurred. I'm sure a restoration would've eliminated at least some of this. Mostly it has good tonal range. Close ups are very sharp and grain is present throughout. The audio is very good for a film of this age. I am happy with this but a Criterion release might show some improvements. Network's next release, Sabotage, will be from the original negative and should be a treat.

Last edited by MikeyHitchFan; 02-14-2015 at 04:02 AM.
Old 02-14-2015, 02:28 PM   #629
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Athens, Greece

May I ask something:
Is there any possibility that Criterion could release those network, eureka etc. released films, or is there any problem with rights etc.?
If they do, I would prefer the Criterion but if they don't, I would buy the European releases.
Most wanted Blurays: All classic Disney animation films restored to their original look (with grain), without any re-imagining, Raintree County, Star Wars OT, Sissi Trilogy, Spacecamp, Spacehunter: adventures in the forbidden zone, Maurice, Explorers, Mayerling, Supergirl, Free Willy, Return to Oz, True Lies, Abyss, King Solomon's Mines/Allan Quatermain and the lost city of gold, Death in Venice, Wilde, Ulysses 31, Ducktales, Candy Candy (anime series)
Old 02-14-2015, 05:49 PM   #630

Nov 2010
Southern California, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmmusic View Post
May I ask something:
Is there any possibility that Criterion could release those network, eureka etc. released films, or is there any problem with rights etc.?
If they do, I would prefer the Criterion but if they don't, I would buy the European releases.
The region B releases are for those countries who have the rights there. Criterion has released several titles that are region A locked here but have region B locked releases overseas. So, yes, it's possible they will release some if they obtain the rights to do so.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:44 PM   #631
Power Member

Sep 2013
Chicago

more region A Hitch on blu!

Jamaica Inn coming from Cohen!

May 12th
Old 02-21-2015, 04:48 AM   #632

Nov 2010
Southern California, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwdowiak View Post
more region A Hitch on blu!

Jamaica Inn coming from Cohen!

May 12th
Check my thread below. It's been listed there for some time. Keep them coming!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America