Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$97.44
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Forbidden Kingdom (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

View Poll Results: Who will be National Champions on Championship Monday?
Kentucky Wildcats 4 57.14%
Connecticut Huskies 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2014, 01:43 AM   #4641
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

There was a Q&A with NCAA President Mark Emmert on Twitter yesterday for the Mike & Mike show. Predictably it was a disaster for Emmert. Here are some of the questions.

http://deadspin.com/the-askemmert-q-...rly-1564610605

Quote:
Red Cup Rebellion ‏@RedCupRebellion
#askemmert how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck profited off of the work of unpaid labor under the guide of amateurism?
Quote:
Kristopher Robben @Phaetonv2
#askemmert Do you think slave owners would have prolonged slavery just a bit longer if they called it "amateurism"?
Quote:
Eitan Cramer @eitancramer
@MikeAndMike how do you justify exploiting 19 & 20 year olds for the sake of "amateurism"? #AskEmmert
Quote:
@MikeAndMike Why are coaches allowed to leave whenever they want, but athletes are held back by transfer rules? #AskEmmert
Quote:
@MikeAndMike why are all students except student-athletes allowed to earn a living? #AskEmmert
Quote:
Thomas B @tru2psu
What was the graduation percentage of athletes when you were the Chancellor of Conn & LSU #askemmert
Quote:
bob verber @bobverber
@MikeAndMike #AskEmmert how can someone whose salary exceeds $1.5m argue in good faith that athletes shouldn't get greater share of ncaa $s?
Quote:
LBerkland @Berkland4
How do you justify vacating victories for players & a coach who weren't involved in any crime? #AskEmmert
Quote:
Daniel Mormak @DevilDan09
@MikeAndMike @espngolic @SedanoESPN #AskEmmert how does it feel to oversee the end of the @NCAA ?
Quote:
Marie DC @mariedc1
UCONN's graduation rate is 8%. Are these really STUDENT athletes? #AskEmmert
Quote:
ryan van bibber ✔ @justRVB
#AskEmmert Have you considered hired goons? Fire hoses? Pinkertons?
Quote:
Alex @cougarhokie
#AskEmmert do you not want kids to unionize because that might mean you actually have to give kids money for using their likeness?
Quote:
EastDerp Bunny @Pile_of_Derp
#askemmert does running a cartel like the NCAA kept your penis erect all the time
Quote:
Glenn Davis @glennrd
#AskEmmert Was trying to shield a morally bankrupt institution from a rising tide of public disgust the reason you got into higher education

Last edited by ChadFL; 04-19-2014 at 01:48 AM.
Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM   #4642
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2007
Iowa

Interesting point on the college students as employees debate that I hadn't heard until today:

Quote:
Students from foreign countries are in the United States pursuant to F-1 status, which generally allows for studies, but not work. Only under limited situations are foreign students allowed to be employed while enrolled: either for on-campus employment of 20 or less hours, or based on financial need. Student athletes practice far more than 20 hours per week and must travel for games.

Thus, it appears that if student athletes are deemed employees, foreign students would be ineligible to play (work) based on current immigration laws.
With basketball becoming more global this could lead to a lot of problems. Potential #1 pick Andrew Wiggins could have been ineligible if he was classified as an employee.

http://sports-law.blogspot.com/2014/...n-student.html
Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM   #4643
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008
Kentucky

James Young and Julius Randle going to the NBA and WCS, Alex, Marcus Lee, and Dakari Johnson returning. Our front court consists of WCS, Dakari Johnson, Marcus Lee, Karl Towns and Trey Lyles as our big men. We will have the deepest front court of any team in the NCAA. If the Andrew and Aaron Harrison return next year I'm going to be more excited about that team then I was about this team that just lost in the championship game.
Formerly : eagles_fan_05 / skins_fan_05 / vikings_fan_05

8-time NCAA Men's Basketball Champions (Soon to get #9)

My Trade Thread featuring Blu's, slips, games, sport cards and more!
Old Yesterday, 08:45 PM   #4644
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2008
Pennsylvania, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_fan_05 View Post
James Young and Julius Randle going to the NBA and WCS, Alex, Marcus Lee, and Dakari Johnson returning. Our front court consists of WCS, Dakari Johnson, Marcus Lee, Karl Towns and Trey Lyles as our big men. We will have the deepest front court of any team in the NCAA. If the Andrew and Aaron Harrison return next year I'm going to be more excited about that team then I was about this team that just lost in the championship game.
When are the Harrisons going to decide?
Buffalo Sabres 21-51-10
Indiana Pacers 56-26
Toronto Blue Jays 11-10
Old Yesterday, 09:09 PM   #4645
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008
Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan1203 View Post
When are the Harrisons going to decide?
They met with some agents last night in Lexington but they haven't been hearing what they wanted to hear. Their stock isn't too high and they aren't locks for the first round. I'm thinking they announce by Friday, maybe tomorrow. If they come back we will be pretty damn good. I would say unstoppable but I don't want to jinx myself again.

Coming back for another season would definitely help them. Next years draft is shaping up to be weak and they both could potentially be lottery picks at best but at least first rounders. Plus it will give them one more chance to play together.
Formerly : eagles_fan_05 / skins_fan_05 / vikings_fan_05

8-time NCAA Men's Basketball Champions (Soon to get #9)

My Trade Thread featuring Blu's, slips, games, sport cards and more!
Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM   #4646
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2008
Pennsylvania, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_fan_05 View Post
They met with some agents last night in Lexington but they haven't been hearing what they wanted to hear. Their stock isn't too high and they aren't locks for the first round. I'm thinking they announce by Friday, maybe tomorrow. If they come back we will be pretty damn good. I would say unstoppable but I don't want to jinx myself again.

Coming back for another season would definitely help them. Next years draft is shaping up to be weak and they both could potentially be lottery picks at best but at least first rounders. Plus it will give them one more chance to play together.
If they think things through longterm, they will stick around for another year.
Buffalo Sabres 21-51-10
Indiana Pacers 56-26
Toronto Blue Jays 11-10
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports