COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Prisoners (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Vincent Price Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.49
In the Mouth of Madness (Blu-ray)
$9.49
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$158.69
Saw: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Leprechaun: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.49
V/H/S/2 (Blu-ray)
$11.99
The Haunting (Blu-ray)
$9.49
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$24.99
V/H/S/2 (Blu-ray)
$13.49
The Amityville Horror Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$33.49
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Between the Buried and Me: Future Sequence - Live at the Fidelitorium (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Maleficent (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Hell of the Living Dead / Rats: Night of Terror (Blu-ray)
$16.49
The Final Terror (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Fast & Furious 6-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$47.49
The Wicker Man (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 09-29-2014, 02:30 PM   #481
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
Virginia, US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goremeister100 View Post
Maybe so but the darkness issue ruins it for me. I saw it many times over the years (theater, VHS, LD, Multiple dvd releases) and it was never this dark. It doesn't look right
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goremeister100 View Post
Get the UK version which will be cheaper at around 10 bucks. I wouldn't pay what they're asking for Japanese blu-rays.
Get the Criterion version, it's more detailed. It's supposed to be dark, that's how Lynch intended it. If you have a calibrated TV, are watching in a darkened room, and follow the brightness settings at the beginning of the film, you'll be fine.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:34 PM   #482

Aug 2012

I just saw this last night for the first time...and loved it. The only other Lynch films I've seen are Blue Velvet, Dune, and Twin Peaks, and I liked this much better than Blue Velvet. But I like weird stuff. The strange parts in Twin Peaks are my favorite parts.
Thanks given by:
Echovoid52 (09-29-2014)
Old Yesterday, 02:01 AM   #483
Special Member

Jun 2012
Upper Michigan

Hey guys, I haven't been around or posted in awhile so can someone tell me what is exactly wrong with the Criterion blu-ray, some audio issue? And has there been any progress in them issuing new discs to replace the erroneous discs? I can't stand when shit like this happens. I only ask because I've still yet to get around to viewing my own copy, sorry for not being well researched on this.
This Space For Rent.
Old Yesterday, 02:07 AM   #484

Apr 2010
41.8819 N, 87.6278 W

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsonjohn View Post
Hey guys, I haven't been around or posted in awhile so can someone tell me what is exactly wrong with the Criterion blu-ray, some audio issue? And has there been any progress in them issuing new discs to replace the erroneous discs? I can't stand when shit like this happens. I only ask because I've still yet to get around to viewing my own copy, sorry for not being well researched on this.

Start @ POST 371

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=371
Thanks given by:
thecalm_7 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM   #485

Mar 2009
Auburn,CA

Eraserhead replacement info

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/c...c-replacement/
Blu-ray collection
I need to update it one of these days.:(
Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM   #486
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2012
WI

So, I've never done this replacement process before; do I need to ship in my current release?
My Top 20 Films of all time!
1. Taxi Driver 2. Eyes Wide Shut 3. Jurassic Park 4. Boogie Nights 5. Boyhood 6. Apocalypse Now 7. Psycho (1960) 8. There Will Be Blood 9. The Godfather Part II 10. Brazil 11. The Godfather 12. Zodiac 13. Blade Runner 14. Thief 15. Halloween (1978) 16. The Silence of The Lambs 17. It's Such a Beautiful Day 18. Drive 19. Gremlins 20. The Tree of Life
Old Today, 09:13 AM   #487

Feb 2009

I live in the United States and if I am reading this correctly, they are requiring me to mail my BD (disc only) back with a note confirming my mailing address (which I already e-mailed them along with a scan of my sales receipt from Amazon) before they send me the corrected version; after which they are to send me an e-mail with a $10 gift certificate toward a future purchase from their online store. To be perfectly honest, I'd prefer they keep the gift certificate and just send me the corrected copy.

reply from Criterion:

Thank you for writing to us regarding your ERASERHEAD disc. As you may know, at about 65 minutes into the original camera negative, from which our new 4K master was created, there are 5 seconds of black where there should be a reaction shot of Jack Nance surrounded by fades to white.

We are aware of the missing picture and are preparing a corrected run of the Blu-ray disc and DVD Disc One (DVD Disc Two is not affected). When the replacement discs are available in a couple of weeks we'll send you the correct version.

Please mail your old version (disc only please, do not include packaging) to the address below and include a note of exchange with your preferred USPS shipping address. Please respond to this email with your mailing address as well.

The Criterion Collection

ATTN: ERASERHEAD

215 Park Ave South 5th Floor

New York, NY 10003

When we send the new disc, you will get an email with a $10 gift certificate code to use on a future purchase at criterion.com. Apologies for any inconvenience and thanks for your patience while we fix this unfortunate mistake.

Thanks for supporting Criterion!
"Horror has a face...and you must make a friend of horror."
Old Today, 03:52 PM   #488

Nov 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo View Post
I'm in Australia. They sent me a free replacement disc for White and I didn't have to return the original disc. Don't remember what they asked me to provide as it was a couple of years ago, but it was very easy.
So Criterion do send these replacements to overseas buyers as well (even though we're not technically supposed to own them)? I sent them an e-mail about Eraserhead, and mentioned that I have a first print copy of Three Colors: White as well. Hopefully I can get both fixed
Old Today, 03:55 PM   #489

Apr 2011
The hurricane state

So do I NOT buy Eraserhead at this very moment until this problem's resolved?
HD's Signature Sales and Trades (update 9/4):

- Thor: The Dark World, Best Buy Steelbook 3D Blu-Ray {new/sealed}
[TRADE {must be new/sealed}: item or price negotiable]
- Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia, Twilight Time Blu-Ray {new/sealed}
[PRICE {with S&H}: $35]
- Texhnolyze, all six Geneon DVDs in series boxset {used/great condition}
[PRICE {with S&H}: $22]
Old Today, 04:06 PM   #490
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2012
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herry Dunston View Post
So do I NOT buy Eraserhead at this very moment until this problem's resolved?
I wouldn't buy it until Oct 16 and then probably only from Criterion to be safe. It shows back ordered on their site until Oct 16 when I would expect they think they will have corrected discs available. At least that is what I plan on doing.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America