Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$96.99
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.99
Treme: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Blu-ray)
$69.99
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Rocky: Heavyweight Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist (Blu-ray)
$17.29
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 09-11-2014, 09:23 PM   #181
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
London, UK

The solution about the zombies
[Show spoiler] being able to pick up on diseases
wasn't much more believable than the one originally planned and I liked the idea with the wife and Matthew Fox because that's what people really have to do in war situations. Then again, I like grim films.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:35 PM   #182
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

I thought the 'disease' thing was a very neat idea, and the great thing is it's not a cure but just a shield of sorts, buying humanity more time while they figure out what to do.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:12 AM   #183
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2011
England

I was hyped for this but left the cinema bitterly disappointed. It felt like a generic bore fest punctuated with fleeting moments of Luke warm excitement. In my opinion, watered-down, studio tampered crap.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:08 AM   #184

Jun 2014

this movie was kind of under hyped for sure. My wife thought it was awesome and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. Great flick, especially loved seeing the Jerusalem scenes. Think this one cost 12$ - great purchase
Old 09-12-2014, 01:20 AM   #185
Special Member

Jun 2011
Orlando, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by infiniteCR View Post
this movie was kind of under hyped for sure. My wife thought it was awesome and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. Great flick, especially loved seeing the Jerusalem scenes. Think this one cost 12$ - great purchase
I agree, I loved the way that the action started right from the get go, it just sprinted out of the blocks.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:44 AM   #186
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Agree.

On its own, World War Z was a fun running zombie movie on a large scale and the 3D really added to the film. I wasn't expecting it would be as entertaining as it turned out to be and look forward to the sequel.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:15 AM   #187
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

My only regret with this movie is not having the slightly better and harder extended cut in 3D. Some moments, like the hand chopping are barely conveyed in the theatrical cut. The extended cut has some of the more vagure moments of violence a bit clearer, still not too graphic but just clearer as to what is happening. Same goes for Pitt trying to remove his crowbar from the zombies head in the WHO facility near the end.
Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

3D FAN

Instagram: levcore

Steelbooks Looking to trade (unsealed): Green Lantern HMV Exclusive, Chronicle Play Exclusive, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1, Enders Game HMV Exclusive.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:28 PM   #188
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Yeah, compared to The Walking Dead or Romero's 85 Day of the Dead, this is tame for the gore, also being PG13.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:20 PM   #189

Oct 2012
London UK and Palm Springs California.

Interesting. At the cinema I wasn't as excited as I'd hoped. I bought it on blu ray anyway, and at home the 3D experience was better than at the cinema. I guess a well set up home theater system can beat a mediocre cinema experience! (I've had some dreadful movie going experiences with sound sync problems, a lack of anamorphic correction, people texting through the movie...)

And for me the extended cut didn't add anything significant; I actually prefer the 3D theatrical version.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:11 AM   #190

Jan 2013
Toronto, Ontario

My experience with this movie is IMO and perfect level of 3D. Just like somebody else said; a little over medium. It has the right balance of depth and things also flying towards you like a zombie. This is a movie I show when a guest comes over because the level of 3d is acceptable and the sound keeps you engaged into the movie.

I love helicopters and the way the 3d is presented with the helicopters is just cool. Not to mention the sound of the helicopters that sounds like it's flying around the room.
Love 3D technology and am addicted to it.
My Growing SA-CD collection
http://www.sa-cd.net/library/9866/1
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies