Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Strike Back: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Insurgent (Blu-ray)
$17.99
How to Train Your Dragon (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.98
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$14.89
Mad Max: Fury Road 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Hot Pursuit (Blu-ray)
$22.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 05-22-2015, 01:51 PM   #261

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollector86 View Post
the movie will fail, they just dont know it yet, lol.
I am wondering how many people caught your quasi quote?

Briliant I must say, kudos to you.
Thanks given by:
TheCollector86 (05-22-2015)
Old 05-22-2015, 01:52 PM   #262
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Top Dollar in the comics just another gang member of T-Bird, not the gang boss?
You are correct. They made him the big baddy in the movie though.
Thanks given by:
Moviefan2k4 (05-22-2015)
Old 05-22-2015, 03:28 PM   #263
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2007
Haddonfield, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post
Here's James' full panel from the Lexington Comic & Toy convention...

James O'Barr Q&A - Lexington Comic and Toy Convention - YouTube
Thank you so much for posting this. Really enjoyed it.
Thanks given by:
Moviefan2k4 (05-22-2015)
Old 05-22-2015, 03:39 PM   #264
Power Member

Oct 2008
Uranus

They'll never be able to recapture what made this film and its soundtrack so special.
You can lead a fool to knowledge, but you can't make him think.
You've gotta know what you don't know. That's the secret to enlightenment.
Thanks given by:
Britbuffguy (05-22-2015), TheCollector86 (05-22-2015), Troll2fan (05-22-2015), tylerdurden10 (05-22-2015)
Old 05-22-2015, 04:11 PM   #265
Expert Member

Apr 2012
Germany

Quote:
I am wondering how many people caught your quasi quote?

Briliant I must say, kudos to you.
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pEgLeG View Post
They'll never be able to recapture what made this film and its soundtrack so special.
so true!
Old 05-22-2015, 04:17 PM   #266
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
CT

I realize Top Dollar apparently wasn't that big a character in the comics, but I'm really not sure how I feel about the character being re-cast as a woman.

Michael Wincott was one of the best parts of the original, not sure a female would have the same kind of impact needed for the part.

P.S. Nothing against women characters in movies, just talking about this particular role
Three pitchers of beer & you still can't ask?
Old 05-22-2015, 04:23 PM   #267
Power Member

Oct 2008
Uranus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurden10 View Post
I realize Top Dollar apparently wasn't that big a character in the comics, but I'm really not sure how I feel about the character being re-cast as a woman.

Michael Wincott was one of the best parts of the original, not sure a female would have the same kind of impact needed for the part.

P.S. Nothing against women characters in movies, just talking about this particular role
Shhh. The unwittingly-sexist group of "anti-sexists" that ruin the 007 and Ghostbusters conversations is going to hear you.
Thanks given by:
tylerdurden10 (05-22-2015)
Old 05-22-2015, 04:29 PM   #268

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pEgLeG View Post
Sure they will...one more bullet outta do.

too soon? come on its been 21 years.

all jokes aside though I think a lot of the mystique and interest of the movie was due to Brandon's death, blend that in with the overexposure of that soundtrack too and blammo, big hit.

the STP song that was the flagship of the soundtrack was only heard briefly as the song in the car for like 5 seconds.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:34 PM   #269
Power Member

Oct 2008
Uranus

Quote:

all jokes aside though I think a lot of the mystique and interest of the movie was due to Brandon's death, blend that in with the overexposure of that soundtrack too and blammo, big hit.

the STP song that was the flagship of the soundtrack was only heard briefly as the song in the car for like 5 seconds.
My original comment contained the parenthetical interjection, "(even if someone is killed on set)."

But I do agree. His death, and the fact that he was the son of a true legend, who also died mysteriously, and the awesome soundtrack, and the generation, all came together to really make the movie standout.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:48 PM   #270
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
CT

Quote:

I don't get offended very often, but damn dude, that was rough.
Three pitchers of beer & you still can't ask?
Old 05-22-2015, 06:41 PM   #271
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2010
Dallas, TX

I really want this movie to turn out well, but the constant delays are really wrecking it. I heard earlier this year, its already millions in debt, without a single frame of footage. My heart goes out to James; he clearly wants to breathe new life into the story, but one thing after another keeps stacking up.

As for Top Dollar being a woman, I'm surprised they kept that character as the leader to begin with. Part of the original book's tragedy was a lack of hierarchy; the gang members' crimes were done because they were psychopaths who relished in it.
"The standard that measures two things is something different from either." ~C.S. Lewis~
"The cost of a thing is the amount of life which is required to be exchanged for it." ~Henry David Thoreau~
Old 05-22-2015, 11:12 PM   #272
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013
Madison, WI

Andrea Riseborough is a great actress, but as a bad guy...not so sure.

I truly think the original Crow was just untouchable lightning in a bottle.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:31 PM   #273
Power Member

Jul 2012

Jack Huston Exits ‘The Crow’ Remake.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/ja...ow-1201519965/
Old 06-15-2015, 07:42 PM   #274
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011
Care-a-Lot

Wow. This movie is never going to happen.
Biggest Jennifer Lawrence fan here / I've finished a 5th draft of my latest script. It's a comedy Life As Liz written in mind with Jen as the lead. PM If interested. I've also finished the first draft on my 14th full length feature script.

I'm looking for the Target Exclusive of Serena on Blu Ray. It can be the regular version of the Target exclusive. If anyone has it. Also looking for X-Men: DOFP Rogue Cut with slip. I'm willing to trade Blu Rays, DVDs or Slips from my collection for it.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:43 PM   #275
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britbuffguy View Post
Andrea Riseborough is a great actress, but as a bad guy...not so sure.

I truly think the original Crow was just untouchable lightning in a bottle.
Don't u mean "bad girl"?
Old 06-15-2015, 09:22 PM   #276
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011
Care-a-Lot

Nicholas Hoult or Jack O'Connell may replace Jack Huston in The Crow

Quote:

Looks like Jack Huston is the latest actor to leave THE CROW, forcing director Corin Hardy to begin the search for a new Eric Draven. According to Variety, scheduling conflicts forced his departure from the comic book adaptation. Huston took over the role in the long in development reboot after Luke Evans quit.

Earlier today, we learned that Forest Whitaker had joined the cast of THE CROW in an unspecified role. Corin Hardy issued a statement saying that he and Relativity are looking forward to casting a new lead and starting production in "a few weeks". The leading candidates are X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST's Nicholas Hoult and UNBROKEN star Jack O'Connell. No word on whether these are serious contenders or just a wish list, but the studio is firmly behind this iteration of THE CROW.

Jack is a remarkably gifted actor, and we look forward to working with him in the future,” the studio said. “Corin Hardy has a tremendous vison for The Crow, and we are working closely with him to continue prepping the movie and supporting him as he brings his vision to the big screen.”
Quote:
THE CROW was first adapted in 1994 with Brandon Lee in the lead. After his tragic death during production, several sequels and a TV series were made. The quality of each paled in comparison to Alex Proyas' original. The reboot has been backed by comic author James O'Barr but has yet to materialize after years of starts and stops. Whether it actually happens this time is still a mystery.
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/nich...n-the-crow-328
Biggest Jennifer Lawrence fan here / I've finished a 5th draft of my latest script. It's a comedy Life As Liz written in mind with Jen as the lead. PM If interested. I've also finished the first draft on my 14th full length feature script.

I'm looking for the Target Exclusive of Serena on Blu Ray. It can be the regular version of the Target exclusive. If anyone has it. Also looking for X-Men: DOFP Rogue Cut with slip. I'm willing to trade Blu Rays, DVDs or Slips from my collection for it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies