Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Steins;Gate: Anime Classics Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$10.99
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Despicable Me 3 (Blu-ray)
$15.00
The Adventures of Tintin 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
My Hero Academia: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$21.99
War for the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Black Lagoon: Complete Collection Season 1 and 2 (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Samurai Champloo: Anime Classics Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$15.99
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Transformers: The Last Knight (Blu-ray)
$10.00
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-23-2016, 02:50 AM   #281
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
Central California

My Pop! Vinyl Collection | Top Favorites: Raiders of the Lost Ark ~ Star Wars ~ Jaws ~ Ghostbusters ~ Back to the Future ~ Lethal Weapon ~ Aliens ~ Jurassic Park ~ Blade Runner ~ Halloween ~ The Mummy | 4K ShmoreK
Thanks given by:
rickah88 (02-23-2016)
Old 02-23-2016, 02:53 AM   #282
Power Member

Oct 2013
Brooklyn NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post

Did Tom flip off the pilot in the last gif? I couldn't tell due to the cropped image. I guess the director must've wanted the fans to spend that moment thinking about it to figure it out for ourselves instead of just enjoying the moment of fun
Old 02-23-2016, 02:58 AM   #283
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden389 View Post

Anyway, say what you want about director's intentions. If George Lucas' abortion that he's performed to the original trilogy, along with public opinion towards it is any indication, I could not care less about whatever the director's original intentions are. Be it towards aspect ratio, or otherwise.
Actually, I'm glad you brought up that comparison.

See, in this case? You're actually the dude who LOVES the Special Editions. You want what you saw much later on. You saw the home video versions. Everyone else is arguing FOR the original version of the film.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:07 AM   #284
Power Member

Oct 2013
Brooklyn NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
Actually, I'm glad you brought up that comparison.

See, in this case? You're actually the dude who LOVES the Special Editions. You want what you saw much later on. You saw the home video versions. Everyone else is arguing FOR the original version of the film.
Much later on? Pretty sure VHS followed the theatrical release much sooner than the Sw special editions did. Also pretty sure Tony Scott had nothing to do with the open matte VHS AR. But w/e. And you've got your version, I'll keep enjoying mine.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:10 AM   #285
Expert Member

Sep 2010
Standing right behind you

Quote:
I'm too drunk to understand what that means right now. But I will say this, that video I posted was from 4 months ago, and you 2 came at me today like I had just said it recently. I had forgotten about it completely until getting an email saying thre was a response in this thread. So as far as I'm concerned, you both brought this on yourselves by bringing it up like it was something I had just said recently, which I didn't. Not sure if that's what you mean by whatever it is that bothers you.

Anyway, say what you want about director's intentions. If George Lucas' abortion that he's performed to the original trilogy, along with public opinion towards it is any indication, I could not care less about whatever the director's original intentions are. Be it towards aspect ratio, or otherwise.
It doesn't matter when you said it. You said it, we corrected you, you stood behind it. You brought it upon yourself, actually.

All we did was explain the framing issues to you and you got upset.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:13 AM   #286
Power Member

Oct 2013
Brooklyn NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by notops View Post
It doesn't matter when you said it. You said it, we corrected you, you stood behind it. You brought it upon yourself, actually.

All we did was explain the framing issues to you and you got upset.
Lol, I'm actually a happy drunk and I'm enjoying this conversation. I love that this is getting such a response outta people. It's amazing how my love for this movie could get people so riled up. So please, by all means continue. At the end of the day, I'm gonna keep watching it the way I wanna watch it.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:23 AM   #287
Expert Member

Sep 2010

Quote:
Lol, I'm actually a happy drunk and I'm enjoying this conversation. I love that this is getting such a response outta people. It's amazing how my love for this movie could get people so riled up. So please, by all means continue. At the end of the day, I'm gonna keep watching it the way I wanna watch it.
Funny how whenever facts come up, you change the subject and make it about yourself.

It's all good, friend. Like I said earlier, enjoy your opinion. Nobody's forcing you to keep responding to us
Old 02-23-2016, 03:24 AM   #288
Power Member

Oct 2013
Brooklyn NY

Quote:
Funny how whenever facts come up, you change the subject and make it about yourself.

It's all good, friend. Like I said earlier, enjoy your opinion. Nobody's forcing you to keep responding to us
And no one's forcing you to either
Old 02-23-2016, 03:26 AM   #289
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
Central California
Cool

Quote:
Did Tom flip off the pilot in the last gif? I couldn't tell due to the cropped image.
My Pop! Vinyl Collection | Top Favorites: Raiders of the Lost Ark ~ Star Wars ~ Jaws ~ Ghostbusters ~ Back to the Future ~ Lethal Weapon ~ Aliens ~ Jurassic Park ~ Blade Runner ~ Halloween ~ The Mummy | 4K ShmoreK
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (09-04-2016), Lyle_JP (02-23-2016), TylerDurden389 (02-23-2016)
Old 02-23-2016, 03:26 AM   #290
Expert Member

Sep 2010

Quote:
And no one's forcing you to either
I know. I haven't been complaing. You're not the only one enjoyng this.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:32 AM   #291
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
I feel you. I've added more people to my ignore list this last month than all of last year. Not sure if things are getting worse around here or my tolerance for it is simply gone now.
Thanks given by:
lilant2248 (04-30-2016), rickah88 (02-23-2016)
Old 02-23-2016, 03:32 AM   #292
Power Member

Oct 2013
Brooklyn NY

Quote:
I know. I haven't been complaing. You're not the only one enjoyng this.
We agree to disagree.

Old 02-23-2016, 09:56 AM   #293

Oct 2009
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
As far as the new transfer is concerned, I saw it on TV last year so a timed 2D master of it without the floating windows definitely exists. It'd be great if Paramount were to silently remaster the current 2D disc....but that's not gonna happen.

Indeed, I was just gonna say I think Channel 5 showed it?
Wanted UK slipcovers: Edge Of Tomorrow (2D) | Man Of Steel (2D) | Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation (Sainsbury's Exclusive) | PM me

Blu-ray Wish List: 24 - Complete Series | The Abyss (Theatrical + Special Edition) | Die Hard 1-3 (Remastered) | Star Trek: Deep Space Nine | Star Trek: Voyager | Star Trek Movies 1,3-10 (Remastered Theatrical Cuts + 1 & 6 Director's Editions) | True Lies
Old 04-03-2016, 11:40 PM   #294
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2012

I have the current Blu-ray of Top Gun. Is this new 2016 release getting a remaster?
Every Blu-ray should have a Play-All option for special features and every player should have 1.5x playback.
Every Blu-ray should come in a Viva Elite case with thick stock artwork and a slipcover. Each disc should have its own hub.
Dark HDR titles exist: Compare Star Trek Beyond 4K to the BD or any other Trek UHD. 10-15% are dark.

==>> Dreamliner330ís Blu-ray and 2D, 3D, 4K UHD slipcover sale extravaganza! Accepting offers!!
Old 04-04-2016, 05:44 AM   #295
Blu-ray Archduke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner330 View Post
I have the current Blu-ray of Top Gun. Is this new 2016 release getting a remaster?
We don't know. Probably the same disc given the features listed, but it could be the 3D master in 2D, or whatever else.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:26 AM   #296

Oct 2008

In an effort to try and help keep the peace here, I offer my opinion.

This is one of a handful of titles that just never has had the aspect ratio properly presented in a home format. Add to that the fact that by the mid 80's, the home video revolution was in full swing and film makers often knowingly would cater more to the 4:3 aspect ratio vs the theatrical ratio. At the time, they knew many more folks would be watching it at home and they incorrectly assumed it would always be on 4:3 tv sets.

I saw this film in the theater and many more times at home on video. It wasn't until later did I become aware of incorrect framing issues, but I have seen enough movies now to know when one comes along.

So I propose on this title, both parties are correct. The 4:3 framing was definately a consideration when making the movie as was the widescreen. I think we will have to wait longer to get a 'fixed' theatrical presentation, because it's pretty obvious some errors exist in the current version.

-Jeff
Old 04-29-2016, 07:27 PM   #297
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2012

Do we know yet about remaster? (I currently have the 2013 release)
Every Blu-ray should have a Play-All option for special features and every player should have 1.5x playback.
Every Blu-ray should come in a Viva Elite case with thick stock artwork and a slipcover. Each disc should have its own hub.
Dark HDR titles exist: Compare Star Trek Beyond 4K to the BD or any other Trek UHD. 10-15% are dark.

==>> Dreamliner330ís Blu-ray and 2D, 3D, 4K UHD slipcover sale extravaganza! Accepting offers!!
Old 04-29-2016, 07:53 PM   #298

Apr 2014

Quote:
Do we know yet about remaster? (I currently have the 2013 release)
it is the same 2008 disc.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:03 PM   #299
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1924 View Post
it is the same 2008 disc.
Ugh.

I wish the 3-D version was under 10 bucks, I'd buy again for that.

Old 04-29-2016, 08:08 PM   #300
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2012
Lincoln, NE

Quote:
Ugh.

I wish the 3-D version was under 10 bucks, I'd buy again for that.
It was last June. Wal-Mart had it and several other titles for for $6.88 in a special display. That's when i grabbed it.
The BD-R Releases Master List Thread
Recommend a Modern, Independent Horror Film Thread
My 2017 Purchases Thread
My 2017 Watched Films List
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America