Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Aura Battler Dunbine: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$57.19

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Special Edition OVA (Blu-ray)
$34.29

Armed Girl's Machiavellism: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution 1: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$24.59

Classroom of the Elite: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$50.65

No Game, No Life Zero (Blu-ray)
$28.59

Appleseed: Ex Machina (Blu-ray)
$6.98

In Another World With My Smartphone (Blu-ray)
$43.49

Knight's & Magic: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$43.49

The Boy and the Beast: Hosoda Collection (Blu-ray)
$23.54

Strike The Blood: TV Series Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.53
6 hrs ago
Armed Girl's Machiavellism: Premium (Blu-ray)
$57.19

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 04-30-2014, 05:23 PM   #41
Power Member

Oct 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
It isn't that bad. Slipboxes are harder to keep mint then slipcovers. The corners are always the first to be damaged. I'm sure someone that wants it bad enough will pay the asking price they are wanting.
Yeah, that was just my opinion of course. I feel like my taste in collecting is making sure everything is always 100% pristine and in perfect condtion. lol I'm nuts like that. Of course, I'm sure someone will pull the trigger on that price, especially for a release that rare.. hope whoever buys it is not super OCD like me and will be happy
Old 04-30-2014, 07:39 PM   #42
Banned

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseY0ur1llusi0n View Post
Yeah, that was just my opinion of course. I feel like my taste in collecting is making sure everything is always 100% pristine and in perfect condtion. lol I'm nuts like that. Of course, I'm sure someone will pull the trigger on that price, especially for a release that rare.. hope whoever buys it is not super OCD like me and will be happy
Heck, I would snatch it up in that condition for that price, readily - except it's a mecha series, and I just cannot get into that genre at all... kind of a bummer, really...
Old 04-30-2014, 09:16 PM   #43
Expert Member

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREYMAX 3D View Post
Heck, I would snatch it up in that condition for that price, readily - except it's a mecha series, and I just cannot get into that genre at all... kind of a bummer, really...
Wha? Yukikaze is not a mecha series. I describe it to my friends as a sci-fi Top Gun with heavy doses of Kubrick and William Gibson. The only thing that puts me off from getting the blu-ray is that it's an upscale. I'd love it if Gonzo went back and redid it in HD widescreen.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:57 AM   #44
Banned

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpn View Post
Wha? Yukikaze is not a mecha series. I describe it to my friends as a sci-fi Top Gun with heavy doses of Kubrick and William Gibson. The only thing that puts me off from getting the blu-ray is that it's an upscale. I'd love it if Gonzo went back and redid it in HD widescreen.
OK, I don't know where online I went to look up the title, but it stated in the review that it was a Mecha series. Maybe that particular reviewer considers Jets as Mecha - and after I saw in another review "near-sentient AI" for the Yukikaze jet, I just assumed it transformed into some kind of large robot to fight the aliens, like a typical Mecha anime... so guess it's all good, then...

Ah, an upscale - well, not the end of the world, but... So it's 1080i, then...

Last edited by FREYMAX 3D; 05-01-2014 at 02:11 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:04 AM   #45
Power Member

Oct 2013
-
-

Quote:
I just assumed it transformed into some kind of large robot to fight the aliens, like a typical Mecha anime....
See that's the thing about assuming . You should go watch it. Seriously, you never known how good something is until you check it out for yourself, don't worry about looking it up online and stuff. Just go watch! Yukikaze is really freakin awesome
Old 05-01-2014, 03:39 AM   #46
Expert Member

Feb 2011

Quote:
OK, I don't know where online I went to look up the title, but it stated in the review that it was a Mecha series. Maybe that particular reviewer considers Jets as Mecha - I saw near-sentient AI and just assumed that Yukikaze jet transformed into some kind of giant robot to fight the aliens... like a typical Mecha anime... so guess it's all good, then...

Ah, an upscale - well, not the end of the world, but... So it's 1080i, then...
At nearly 12 years old, Yukikaze is still the best aircraft combat based show in existence, anime or not, that has ever been made. It's not an all out action series though...just has excellent aerial combat scenes as part of the overall story. Area 88 is pretty good aircraft anime series too, but not the same thing. Tom Cruise is supposed to be making a Yukikaze movie...hopefully it is actually decent if made. Unfortunately the Bandai Blu-Ray release looks about the same as the DVD release...but the sound track is one of the best HD audio tracks in anime...absolutely fantastic Dolby True HD 5.1 surround mix - if only the visuals were up to the audio level, and it was done in a widescreen format. 4:3 format just doesn't lend itself to nice aerial combat viewing: needs a wider field of view to do it justice. I just sold my copy recently for about the same as it was originally purchased some 3 years ago...was in perfect mint condition! I have the scale model of the FRX-99 RAFE that I still need to assemble...

Good luck with your sale Tellymon!

And here's Yukikaze meets Area 88...

HEADPHONE AUDIO: Windows 10 laptop w/Foobar2K & FLAC
DACs: RME ADI-2/ Gustard X20U/ JDS Labs EL DAC/ DFR Other Schiit Loki & EITR
Amps: Gustard H10/ Mjolnir Audio SRD-7 energizer/NAD C275BEE amp combo/ TASCAM MH-8
Headphones:1More Triple-driver/Audeze Mobius (supported)/ Denon AH-2000 (mod project)/ Fostex TH-X00PH, MH, & PS/ Koss KPH30i/ Monolith M1060/ Philips SHP9500/ Sennheiser HD58X (waiting)/ STAX L300 Ltd 80th

Last edited by Vracer111; 05-01-2014 at 04:30 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:19 AM   #47
Power Member

Oct 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpn View Post
I'd love it if Gonzo went back and redid it in HD widescreen.
Now that would be simply just epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracer111 View Post
Unfortunately the Bandai Blu-Ray release looks about the same as the DVD release...4:3 format just doesn't lend itself to nice aerial combat viewing.
I mean what else can you expect from an early Gonzo SD production...of course it won't shine on Blu-ray, but it's the best it's ever gonna look. I totally agree with you on the audio, easily reference quality.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:50 AM   #48

Mar 2009

As an Ace Combat fan, this series really piques my interest! May have to pick it up some day when my wallet says it's okay.
Hot dog bun! Not too young!
Old 05-01-2014, 12:56 PM   #49
Banned

Aug 2010

Quote:
At nearly 12 years old, Yukikaze is still the best aircraft combat based show in existence, anime or not, that has ever been made... ...Unfortunately the Bandai Blu-Ray release looks about the same as the DVD release...but the sound track is one of the best HD audio tracks in anime...absolutely fantastic Dolby True HD 5.1 surround mix - if only the visuals were up to the audio level, and it was done in a widescreen format. 4:3 format just doesn't lend itself to nice aerial combat viewing: needs a wider field of view to do it justice. I just sold my copy recently for about the same as it was originally purchased some 3 years ago...was in perfect mint condition!

Good luck with your sale Tellymon!
Well, 4:3 is still way better than cropping the video to 16:9 to make the pillar-box haters happy, and losing even more field of view in the process - so I'll take it's original aspect just as it is. There's still plenty of image to look at on my 120" projection screen in my theater... Thanks for the deal, Tellymon!
Old 05-01-2014, 05:45 PM   #50
Expert Member

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Ed View Post
As an Ace Combat fan, this series really piques my interest! May have to pick it up some day when my wallet says it's okay.
Bandai DVD Anime Legends release is not too expensive right now about $40...and only thing you'll be missing out on is the HD audio. I'd get it before it goes way up in price...use to be dirt cheap, now its not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREYMAX 3D
Well, 4:3 is still way better than cropping the video to 16:9 to make the pillar-box haters happy, and losing even more field of view in the process - so I'll take it's original aspect just as it is. There's still plenty of image to look at on my 120" projection screen in my theater... Thanks for the deal, Tellymon! :thumbup:
4:3 is fine, just when you see the special HD promotional trailer bonus in the Blu-Ray set, which is 16:9, do you go...WHYYYYY!!!! The show should have been made in HD widescreen format!
HEADPHONE AUDIO: Windows 10 laptop w/Foobar2K & FLAC
DACs: RME ADI-2/ Gustard X20U/ JDS Labs EL DAC/ DFR Other Schiit Loki & EITR
Amps: Gustard H10/ Mjolnir Audio SRD-7 energizer/NAD C275BEE amp combo/ TASCAM MH-8
Headphones:1More Triple-driver/Audeze Mobius (supported)/ Denon AH-2000 (mod project)/ Fostex TH-X00PH, MH, & PS/ Koss KPH30i/ Monolith M1060/ Philips SHP9500/ Sennheiser HD58X (waiting)/ STAX L300 Ltd 80th
Old 05-01-2014, 06:58 PM   #51
Banned

Aug 2010

Quote:
Bandai DVD Anime Legends release is not too expensive right now about $40...and only thing you'll be missing out on is the HD audio. I'd get it before it goes way up in price...use to be dirt cheap, now its not.

4:3 is fine, just when you see the special HD promotional trailer bonus in the Blu-Ray set, which is 16:9, do you go...WHYYYYY!!!! The show should have been made in HD widescreen format!
In 2002?? Yeah, right...
Old 05-02-2014, 04:02 AM   #52
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

A moderator needs to break off the discussion going on in the most recent posts into its own thread. These trading threads are not really intended for discussion except to post your buy/sell/trade lists.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:35 PM   #53
Expert Member

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
A moderator needs to break off the discussion going on in the most recent posts into its own thread. These trading threads are not really intended for discussion except to post your buy/sell/trade lists.
Clark, Yukikaze may seem like just a mild-mannered A.I. Fighter Jet, but listen, not only does it know how to treat its pilot with the proper respect, not only does it have an advanced IFF system for identifying JAM aircraft, but it is, in my forty years in this business, the fastest thread drifter I've ever seen.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:55 AM   #54
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2009

For Sale (shipping is included in U.S., overseas we can figure out cost):

Blu-ray -

Eureka Seven Part 2 Blu-ray w/ Slip $30
Eureka Seven: Good Night, Sleep Tight, Young Lovers Blu-ray + DVD Combo Pack w/ Slip $15

DVD -

Ghibli:

Princess Mononoke $12
Porco Ross w/ Slip $10
Pom Poko $16
The Cat Returns w/ Slip $15

Death Note Set 1 and 2 (the original box-sets from VIZ which are now OOP) $100 Or Best Offer

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing - Remastered Edition - Rare and OOP UK Region 2 DVD Set's - $250 Or Best Offer

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Endless Waltz - The Movie - Bandai US - OOP - $30

Not anime but I thought someone might be interested here... Pillows, The - Wake up! Stand up! and Go! - 2007.10.08 Live at Zepp Tokyo Japanese DVD $28
Old 05-03-2014, 06:53 AM   #55
Power Member

Oct 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenPion View Post
Not anime but I thought someone might be interested here... Pillows, The - Wake up! Stand up! and Go! - 2007.10.08 Live at Zepp Tokyo Japanese DVD $28
The Pillows rock they just released all of their DVD concerts on Blu-ray , including a revival of motion pictures (basically all 54 of their music videos from 1991 to 2013).
Thanks given by:
GenPion (05-03-2014)
Old 05-03-2014, 05:46 PM   #56
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2009

Quote:
The Pillows rock they just released all of their DVD concerts on Blu-ray , including a revival of motion pictures (basically all 54 of their music videos from 1991 to 2013).
That's why I'm selling the DVD. I'm a huge fan of The Pillows and these Blu-ray releases sound great to me. I'm just glad I only picked up one of them on DVD as I had considered importing some of the others (and the music videos) and never did. Hopefully someone will still enjoy and want my one JP DVD import though.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:55 AM   #57
Power Member

Oct 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenPion View Post
I'm a huge fan of The Pillows
Wow I'm so happy theirs fans of the pillows on here. Yoshiaki Manabe is a god. I think I'll add these to the database at some point, now that I know that theirs actually fans on this site
Thanks given by:
GenPion (05-04-2014)
Old 05-04-2014, 06:15 AM   #58
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2009

Quote:
Wow I'm so happy theirs fans of the pillows on here. Yoshiaki Manabe is a god. I think I'll add these to the database at some point, now that I know that theirs actually fans on this site
Nice to chat with a fellow fan. Not to de-rail this thread too much. The Pillows are awesome. Absolutely one of the best bands ever... they should be much more popular here in the USA but it's awesome they do have fans here.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:49 PM   #59
Power Member

Jan 2014

I have some orphaned dvd sets since I've upgraded to blurays:

Complete set of Pioneer Read Or Die tv series singles $65 + I can include the Manga release of the ova series for $35. SOLD

Complete set of Pioneer Chobits singles $35.

Season 1 of Oh My Goddess-this is the lightbox set that regularly sells for at least $100 on amazon, etc.-$50

Season 2 of Oh My Goddess-this is the originial Funimation 4 disc set-$20.

Complete Burst Angel box set-this is the old Funimation version-$25.

All of my stuff is in mint condition-I'm very anal about taking care of my collection.

PM me if interested.

Last edited by zrdb; 06-16-2014 at 01:51 AM.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:37 PM   #60
Banned

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrdb View Post
I have some orphaned dvd sets since I've upgraded to blurays:

Complete set of Pioneer Read Or Die tv series singles $65 + I can include the Manga release of the ova series for $35.

PM me if interested.
PM sent.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime