Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Gamer 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.00
 
Dream Big: Engineering Our World 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
 
Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.95
 
Humpback Whales 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.44
 
Katy Perry: Part of Me 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.85
 
Finding Nemo 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.50
 
The Great Gatsby 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.33
 
Dolphin Tale 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99
 
Walking With Dinosaurs: The Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
5 hrs ago
The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$30.08
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #21
Student Driver Student Driver is offline
Member
 
Student Driver's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
130
539
Default

Following up on this; I'll be buying the TV tomorrow. Looks like we're going with a 47" LG, whatever model is on sale at Walmart tomorrow. Didn't see the $600 model listed above, but with my additional 20% off, the $700 set in stock will be $560. Friend is springing for an entertainment center with solid mounting bracket on the back to keep the TV safe from potentially falling on his son. He won't be able to get the TV home for another week or so, and won't have a 3D Blu-Ray player until January, but in the mean time he's looking to enjoy something bigger than a 27" CRT for watching his DVDs.

I think I'll also buy him a screen cleaning kit... we're not worried about the kid breaking the screen, but I imagine fingerprints are going to be a problem.
Formats currently playable in media set-up: Blu Ray 3D, Blu Ray, DVD, Video CD, Laserdisc, Laseractive, CD Video, CED, VHD, 3D VHD, Betamax, CD, CD+G, audio cassette, vinyl, Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128. No VHS!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #22
steve1971 steve1971 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
steve1971's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.
212
118
1
Default

Skip Samsung and LG and go with a Panny or Sony .
Sony XBR55X900E.
Sony UBP-X800 4K Blu ray player.
Sony 7.2-Channel 4K A/V HD Receiver - STRDH770.
Center Channel Speaker: klipsch Synergy C3.
Tower Speakers: Klipsch SF12.
Surrounds: Sony Satellite Speakers.
Subwoofer: Polk Audio PSW 10.
Xfinity HD.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:05 AM   #23
Student Driver Student Driver is offline
Member
 
Student Driver's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
130
539
Default

Aaand another follow-up... the store was out of the 47" models, both LG and Vizio. So, I stepped up and got him a 55" LG, along with a low-end LG 3D Blu-Ray player and an HDMI cable. After discounts, I still only paid around $800. Nearly $600 less than my own set-up a year ago. Almost makes me wish I'd waited a year to buy mine... almost!
Formats currently playable in media set-up: Blu Ray 3D, Blu Ray, DVD, Video CD, Laserdisc, Laseractive, CD Video, CED, VHD, 3D VHD, Betamax, CD, CD+G, audio cassette, vinyl, Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128. No VHS!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:01 AM   #24
Freak_Zombie Freak_Zombie is offline
Active Member
 
Feb 2008
127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student Driver View Post
Aaand another follow-up... the store was out of the 47" models, both LG and Vizio. So, I stepped up and got him a 55" LG, along with a low-end LG 3D Blu-Ray player and an HDMI cable. After discounts, I still only paid around $800. Nearly $600 less than my own set-up a year ago. Almost makes me wish I'd waited a year to buy mine... almost!
Man I'm so glad for your friend. lol Personally I think 55 inch is the minimum size to feel like you've got a big enough to enjoy movies with. He must be beyond ecstatic! Does he know which tv he's getting yet? Do post pics when its set up!
(Does he have a surround sound setup or decent speakers? Having used and experienced a number of lg tvs, their speakers leaves a lot to be desired for. )
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:17 AM   #25
AmrlKJaneway AmrlKJaneway is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
AmrlKJaneway's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Brisbane, Australia
57
92
126
3
433
Default

Sounds like a great choice! I hope he's happy with it!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #26
Student Driver Student Driver is offline
Member
 
Student Driver's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
130
539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak_Zombie View Post
Man I'm so glad for your friend. lol Personally I think 55 inch is the minimum size to feel like you've got a big enough to enjoy movies with. He must be beyond ecstatic! Does he know which tv he's getting yet? Do post pics when its set up!
(Does he have a surround sound setup or decent speakers? Having used and experienced a number of lg tvs, their speakers leaves a lot to be desired for. )
Yeah, he got it last night... I drive a compact car, so I had to have him there to take the TV home. The sound is an unfortunate thing; he lives in an apartment, and is loath to get a sound system to avoid pissing off the neighbors. I offered to get him a bar-style center speaker, but he demurred. (I am in the same situation, and just have stereo through an old bullet-proof JVC amp... and at low levels, the sound is easily heard through the walls and in the common hallway... so his concern is warranted.) He's no audiophile, though... guy's been watching DVDs for 12+ years through a tiny CRT TV and its tin-horn speaker.

He was flipping out last night. When I pointed out the 47" on demo, he sounded like a guy who'd just won on The Price Is Right. "Oh my God, that is so amazing, I could never even imagine, my family is going to DIE." Then the employee came out of the back, told me they were out, and I told them to bring out the 55". Both his son and him just stood there, mouth open, stunned. As we were loading it into his car, it was pretty much "Dude... this is... dude. Thank you. I can't.... man!"

He called me last night to ask how to set up the tuner to pick up OTA stations, and kept gushing about the image quality as I led him through it. I'll be stopping by today to double check the settings on the TV and BD player to make sure things are right, so that he's not watching stuff zoomed or stretched... and to drop off the starter pack of 3D movies he doesn't know about.

Dunno if I'll get pics of it... it is just a basic LG 55" and BD player, one we've all seen on display. There's nothing amazing about the TV itself... just in how it's been received by someone who never thought he could afford something like this. He and I are in the same demographic and salary range, but he's got a son to take care of, and he's got other priorities for his money. This is the perfect type of gift, the "something he would dearly want, and something he would never ever buy for himself" type thing.
Formats currently playable in media set-up: Blu Ray 3D, Blu Ray, DVD, Video CD, Laserdisc, Laseractive, CD Video, CED, VHD, 3D VHD, Betamax, CD, CD+G, audio cassette, vinyl, Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128. No VHS!

Last edited by Student Driver; 12-08-2012 at 01:22 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:01 PM   #27
Freak_Zombie Freak_Zombie is offline
Active Member
 
Feb 2008
127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student Driver View Post
Yeah, he got it last night... I drive a compact car, so I had to have him there to take the TV home. The sound is an unfortunate thing; he lives in an apartment, and is loath to get a sound system to avoid pissing off the neighbors. I offered to get him a bar-style center speaker, but he demurred. (I am in the same situation, and just have stereo through an old bullet-proof JVC amp... and at low levels, the sound is easily heard through the walls and in the common hallway... so his concern is warranted.) He's no audiophile, though... guy's been watching DVDs for 12+ years through a tiny CRT TV and its tin-horn speaker.

He was flipping out last night. When I pointed out the 47" on demo, he sounded like a guy who'd just won on The Price Is Right. "Oh my God, that is so amazing, I could never even imagine, my family is going to DIE." Then the employee came out of the back, told me they were out, and I told them to bring out the 55". Both his son and him just stood there, mouth open, stunned. As we were loading it into his car, it was pretty much "Dude... this is... dude. Thank you. I can't.... man!"

He called me last night to ask how to set up the tuner to pick up OTA stations, and kept gushing about the image quality as I led him through it. I'll be stopping by today to double check the settings on the TV and BD player to make sure things are right, so that he's not watching stuff zoomed or stretched... and to drop off the starter pack of 3D movies he doesn't know about.

Dunno if I'll get pics of it... it is just a basic LG 55" and BD player, one we've all seen on display. There's nothing amazing about the TV itself... just in how it's been received by someone who never thought he could afford something like this. He and I are in the same demographic and salary range, but he's got a son to take care of, and he's got other priorities for his money. This is the perfect type of gift, the "something he would dearly want, and something he would never ever buy for himself" type thing.
Very nice! I know of certain people in the same position too. These are the best kind of presents you can ever get them for. I think you probably gained a ton of good karma too! I may have a solution for the sound problem. Creative tech is no longer the giant they used to be so a lot of their stuff can be had for really cheap. I highly recommend the sound blaster series of headphones. (The ones that come with the full sized ear cups) Tons of bass, very decent sound quality and I'm sure a lot of them should be on clearance now. (I've seen certain stores having them for as much as 50% - 60% off) I mean sound is half the experience after all!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #28
chargedvr6 chargedvr6 is offline
Member
 
Dec 2012
7
823
28
8
Default

Hope your friend likes that set. It's a good one!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #29
wayonbird wayonbird is offline
New Member
 
Dec 2012
Default

me too, I just bought me a 55" LG 3D tv yesterday and loving it too, thanks for your sharing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #30
Briscoe1019 Briscoe1019 is offline
Member
 
Oct 2011
Default

After four different Panny 65VT50s all exchanged due to manufacture defects of dead pixels and/or louder than normal buzzing, exchanging for the Samsung 65ES8000. Not sure if I'm goi going to like edge lit LED compared to the Plasma, but as superb as the Panny image was, too many other issues that at this time I'm not willing to live with until I at least test out other sets. Like the Sony HX950 also, but price is kind if steep for a set that doesn't seem to provide that much of an upgrade over the other brands.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:56 AM   #31
mountaindewbass mountaindewbass is offline
Active Member
 
mountaindewbass's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
Earth
21
599
455
49
Default 3d TV recommendation

I currently have a lg lm7600 55" set. It's a nice TV for the most part. Dislikes: remote and flashlighting. Any passive 3d sets I should look into? Watching edge of tomorrow is horrible at night because of the flashlighting. Thoughts?
Amplifier: Yamaha RX-673
Front Speakers: Polk TSX 330T
Center Channel: Polk TSX 150C
Rear Speakers: Polk TSX 110B
Subwoofer: Onkyo And klipsch r-12sw
Buttkicker amp: BKA300
Buttkicker: Buttkicker Advance
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:32 AM   #32
schan1269 schan1269 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Sep 2013
Lake county, Indiana. Opposite end of Gary...
2
Default

All LCD flashlight.

Buy a plasma.
Main Theatre

JVC DLA-RS60 with Screen Research ClearPix II Hitachi P50X901
Onkyo TX-NR1008: BIC V830/820/62/62clrs in 9.1 height
Oppo 970 Universal DVD and Mits VHS (both NTSC/PAL)
Panasonic DMP BD35, Orei M2 (set region B) and Toshiba HD-A3
Onkyo DX-390, Dual 1218, Nak 680, RCA CED, DirecTV and Lenovo Q190
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 02:25 PM   #33
mountaindewbass mountaindewbass is offline
Active Member
 
mountaindewbass's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
Earth
21
599
455
49
Default

Do they make a passive 3d plasma? Yeah..Didn't think so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schan1269 View Post
All LCD flashlight.

Buy a plasma.
Amplifier: Yamaha RX-673
Front Speakers: Polk TSX 330T
Center Channel: Polk TSX 150C
Rear Speakers: Polk TSX 110B
Subwoofer: Onkyo And klipsch r-12sw
Buttkicker amp: BKA300
Buttkicker: Buttkicker Advance
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:59 PM   #34
schan1269 schan1269 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Sep 2013
Lake county, Indiana. Opposite end of Gary...
2
Default

Cause passive sucks.
Main Theatre

JVC DLA-RS60 with Screen Research ClearPix II Hitachi P50X901
Onkyo TX-NR1008: BIC V830/820/62/62clrs in 9.1 height
Oppo 970 Universal DVD and Mits VHS (both NTSC/PAL)
Panasonic DMP BD35, Orei M2 (set region B) and Toshiba HD-A3
Onkyo DX-390, Dual 1218, Nak 680, RCA CED, DirecTV and Lenovo Q190
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 06:44 PM   #35
mountaindewbass mountaindewbass is offline
Active Member
 
mountaindewbass's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
Earth
21
599
455
49
Default

hahaha your so funny. Tell me another one, its Tuesday but feels like a monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by schan1269 View Post
Cause passive sucks.
Amplifier: Yamaha RX-673
Front Speakers: Polk TSX 330T
Center Channel: Polk TSX 150C
Rear Speakers: Polk TSX 110B
Subwoofer: Onkyo And klipsch r-12sw
Buttkicker amp: BKA300
Buttkicker: Buttkicker Advance
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:30 PM   #36
petrified-eye petrified-eye is offline
Senior Member
 
petrified-eye's Avatar
 
Nov 2011
Finland
524
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schan1269 View Post
Cause passive sucks.
4K with passive 3D is the best
Blu-wishlist: Let's Scare Jessica to Death, The Tenant, Class of 1999
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:04 PM   #37
schan1269 schan1269 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Sep 2013
Lake county, Indiana. Opposite end of Gary...
2
Default

Passive exists on LG 4K OLED and LCD.

OLED won't flashlight, cause it works just plasma. It just costs a bunch of money.

If there were active glassed 4K OLED...(Samsung making one yet, or are their 3D OLED still 1080P? I pay zero attention to Samsung and Vizio)
Main Theatre

JVC DLA-RS60 with Screen Research ClearPix II Hitachi P50X901
Onkyo TX-NR1008: BIC V830/820/62/62clrs in 9.1 height
Oppo 970 Universal DVD and Mits VHS (both NTSC/PAL)
Panasonic DMP BD35, Orei M2 (set region B) and Toshiba HD-A3
Onkyo DX-390, Dual 1218, Nak 680, RCA CED, DirecTV and Lenovo Q190
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:23 PM   #38
mountaindewbass mountaindewbass is offline
Active Member
 
mountaindewbass's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
Earth
21
599
455
49
Default

Woosh. Yeah OLED is expensive. It sounds like its best to just wait for now. Oh well ill just have to buy a 65" dumb tv.

tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by schan1269 View Post
Passive exists on LG 4K OLED and LCD.

OLED won't flashlight, cause it works just plasma. It just costs a bunch of money.

If there were active glassed 4K OLED...(Samsung making one yet, or are their 3D OLED still 1080P? I pay zero attention to Samsung and Vizio)
Amplifier: Yamaha RX-673
Front Speakers: Polk TSX 330T
Center Channel: Polk TSX 150C
Rear Speakers: Polk TSX 110B
Subwoofer: Onkyo And klipsch r-12sw
Buttkicker amp: BKA300
Buttkicker: Buttkicker Advance
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:10 PM   #39
donald.brown donald.brown is offline
Active Member
 
donald.brown's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schan1269 View Post
Passive exists on LG 4K OLED and LCD.

OLED won't flashlight, cause it works just plasma. It just costs a bunch of money.

If there were active glassed 4K OLED...(Samsung making one yet, or are their 3D OLED still 1080P? I pay zero attention to Samsung and Vizio)
4k Oled passive must be extraodinary. Oh well, some day I'll afford one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 02:14 AM   #40
petrified-eye petrified-eye is offline
Senior Member
 
petrified-eye's Avatar
 
Nov 2011
Finland
524
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schan1269 View Post
If there were active glassed 4K OLED...(Samsung making one yet, or are their 3D OLED still 1080P? I pay zero attention to Samsung and Vizio)
What would be the point, if there's no 4K 3D material available anyhow?
Blu-wishlist: Let's Scare Jessica to Death, The Tenant, Class of 1999
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:47 PM.