COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$54.96
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Uta no Prince-sama 2000%: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.28
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Hawaii Five-0: The Third Season (Blu-ray)
$23.24
D-Day Remembered (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Destroy All Monsters (Blu-ray)
$12.74
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.49
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #361
Power Member

Jan 2011
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinmeister View Post
Are the two American BDs available identical (apart from the additonal DVD) or are there any special features missing on the cheaper budget release?

Both contain a 4-5 min EPK featurette. The 2 disc also features a 9 min compilation of deleted scenes of the guys dancing on stage.

Nothing major either way.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:02 AM   #362
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008
Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Luckard View Post
Both contain a 4-5 min EPK featurette. The 2 disc also features a 9 min compilation of deleted scenes of the guys dancing on stage.

Um, Matt Bomer in a thong is a major plus for the combo!
Old 12-18-2012, 02:12 AM   #363
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2011
NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookcase View Post
Um, Matt Bomer in a thong is a major plus for the combo!
If he was out of it I'd agree.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:17 AM   #364
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008
Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopFilm View Post
If he was out of it I'd agree.
I'll take what I can get as far as Bomer is concerned.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:43 AM   #365
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2011
NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookcase View Post
I'll take what I can get as far as Bomer is concerned.
Yeaaaahh, I'm still bitter about that though
Old 12-18-2012, 03:57 AM   #366

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
No offense but that's pathetic.
+1

I bought it, it was cheap. I'm a gay male but usually am shy in public but when I saw it cheap I didn't care if I'll be forever known as "that guy who bought Magic Mike". I don't care, I enjoyed the movie. And to be honest, I didn't worry that people would think I was straight or a pervert for buying Showgirls (which I consider one of the best comedies of all time), so why care about Magic Mike?
Old 12-18-2012, 04:33 AM   #367
Expert Member

Dec 2009
Allentown, PA

I don't even think twice. I'm a gay male. Didn't know the cashier, cashier didn't know me. Doubt he remembers me.
I have the following codes to trade. I only trade for UV codes and I do not sell:

Project X (UV), Paranormal Activity 4 (UV), Twilight Breaking Dawn 1 Extended (iTunes), Twilight Breaking Dawn 2 (iTunes), Twilight Breaking Dawn 2 (UV/iTunes)
Old 12-18-2012, 06:24 AM   #368

Sep 2010
Germany

Quote:

Thanks for the reply! Then I might as well get the cheaper version...
Old 12-18-2012, 08:40 AM   #369
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Port Moody, BC

I picked up a bit ago, watched it last week. Really liked it, not sure what all the fuss is about. I mean in the regards to the sexuality, it was part of the story and much less of he film than what I was expecting. From some of people's comments and reviews since it came out I thought it was the second coming of Shortbus, which was a godawful film FWIW.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #370
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
CT

Finally got around to watching it. I thought it was well made & well acted. However I couldn't help but feel it was kind of a Boogie Nights knockoff (not necessarily a bad thing since it's one of my favorite movies of all time), almost to the point where I knew exactly what was going to happen. I'd rate it a solid 7.5/10.

P.S. Did anyone else get a enormous Kristen Stewart vibe from the lead actress in this (don't know her name, it was Alex Pettyfer's sister in the movie)? I mean right down to her cadence & emotionless expression! lol
Three pitchers of beer & you still can't ask?
Old 12-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #371
Power Member

Jan 2011
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurden10 View Post
P.S. Did anyone else get a enormous Kristen Stewart vibe from the lead actress in this (don't know her name, it was Alex Pettyfer's sister in the movie)? I mean right down to her cadence & emotionless expression! lol
Cody Horn. She's the daughter of the head (until very recently) of Warner Bros, Alan Horn. I actually thought she was quite good.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #372
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
CT

Quote:
Cody Horn. She's the daughter of the head (until very recently) of Warner Bros, Alan Horn. I actually thought she was quite good.
I agree, she wasn't bad in it, just reminded me alot of Kristen Stewart (who I believe is underrated as an actress)
Three pitchers of beer & you still can't ask?
Old 12-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #373
Banned

Jul 2007
Hollywood

Quote:
Funny, I thought she was laughably horrendous, but I've previously stated that the bad acting sort of gave the films a more realistic, docu-vibe that, IMO, made it better. That's the first time I've ever been able to say I preferred bad acting.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #374

Jan 2011
Long Island, NY

The story portions of the movie, which were the majority, were pretty strong. Good look at the life, including the glamour and the pitfalls, really including all aspects of the industry including the rapidly ticking clock on the dancers' careers.

Channing Tatum is no thespian, and he won't be winning Oscars, but the guy is growing into his brashness nicely. One scene, when he is talking by the pool, and begins to choke over his words with the sister, was very real and captured the emotion nicely. It wasn't textbook Daniel Day Lewis emotion, but it was maximizing his talent and making him feel much more evolved than his earlier days when he kind of felt stiff and cardboard in some roles.

Alex Pettyfer and the actress who played his sister were pretty bad. The sister was cringe worthy in some scenes, but seemed to get a few stronger scenes as the film went on. I didn't love Pettyfer getting so much screen time, while Matt Bomer who is a very solid actor was relegated to background noise, although the plot made it work that way.

The stripping scenes weren't too bad, so folks afraid of that shouldn't fear. Tatum's bare ass scene is even followed by Olivia Munn topless seconds later, which kind of made up for it. I still don't see the worship of Munn, she's hot but her face is off putting, but that is another topic.

Good movie though.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:52 AM   #375
Banned

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODMO View Post
The story portions of the movie, which were the majority, were pretty strong. Good look at the life, including the glamour and the pitfalls, really including all aspects of the industry including the rapidly ticking clock on the dancers' careers.

Channing Tatum is no thespian, and he won't be winning Oscars, but the guy is growing into his brashness nicely. One scene, when he is talking by the pool, and begins to choke over his words with the sister, was very real and captured the emotion nicely. It wasn't textbook Daniel Day Lewis emotion, but it was maximizing his talent and making him feel much more evolved than his earlier days when he kind of felt stiff and cardboard in some roles.

Alex Pettyfer and the actress who played his sister were pretty bad. The sister was cringe worthy in some scenes, but seemed to get a few stronger scenes as the film went on. I didn't love Pettyfer getting so much screen time, while Matt Bomer who is a very solid actor was relegated to background noise, although the plot made it work that way.

The stripping scenes weren't too bad, so folks afraid of that shouldn't fear. Tatum's bare ass scene is even followed by Olivia Munn topless seconds later, which kind of made up for it. I still don't see the worship of Munn, she's hot but her face is off putting, but that is another topic.

Good movie though.

Alex Pettyfer is so underated. He should be a big star by now. Sadly, Channing Tatum outshines him in this film.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #376

Dec 2010

Loved the movie particularly Channing Tatum. My only gripe was Matthew McConnaghey (not sure if I got the spelling right) who should have left his clothes on. He creeped me out and was totally wrong for this film....ugh.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #377

Jun 2011

Just wondering if anyone has good scans of the back cover of the Target exclusive with the shrink wrap with the UPC sticker still on it?
Old 10-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #378
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007

I got this blu used under $5.

Can't imagine I'll ever get in the mood to watch it but,... Hopefully someday.
Blu Rays are Forever
Old 12-08-2013, 03:54 AM   #379
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Chicago

Does anyone know what the Walmart Black Friday version is? I got it for $6.98, but I don't know if it is missing stuff the 2-disc version has (besides the DVD).

It has the same cover as the 2 disc version though.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #380
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHighRoller View Post
Does anyone know what the Walmart Black Friday version is? I got it for $6.98, but I don't know if it is missing stuff the 2-disc version has (besides the DVD).

It has the same cover as the 2 disc version though.
Bump.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America