Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Banshee: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Jurassic World 3D Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$79.96
It Follows (Blu-ray)
$14.84
Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$19.95
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Mission: Impossible Quadrilogy (Blu-ray)
$21.98
Rick and Morty: Season One (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Once Upon a Time: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$48.37
The Ultimate Matrix Collection (Blu-ray)
$23.99
Shameless: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Odd Thomas (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Banshee: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$13.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2015, 10:23 PM   #4561
armyjon99 armyjon99 is offline
Expert Member
 
armyjon99's Avatar
 
Aug 2010
Arkansas
-
-
271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderWeasel View Post
Just out of curiosity, has anyone purchased any movies from Wal-Mart that were missing the digital copy redemption code? The last two I have purchased from there (WarGames and a double feature of The Hurt Locker/Apocalypse Now) both had VUDU stickers on them that said they came with digital copies, but neither had an insert with the code on it, and there were no codes on the backs of the stickers.
Weird no I have not seen that lately.


Bought Today:

Love and Basketball came with UV and Instawatch
Cahill United States Marshall UV and Instawatch

Last edited by armyjon99; 07-01-2015 at 10:31 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
strumdogg (Yesterday)
Old 07-01-2015, 10:48 PM   #4562
Chiefy Chiefy is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Chiefy's Avatar
 
Nov 2013
Twin Cities, MN (USA)
1292
54
494
287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderWeasel View Post
Just out of curiosity, has anyone purchased any movies from Wal-Mart that were missing the digital copy redemption code? The last two I have purchased from there (WarGames and a double feature of The Hurt Locker/Apocalypse Now) both had VUDU stickers on them that said they came with digital copies, but neither had an insert with the code on it, and there were no codes on the backs of the stickers.
I haven't bought these, but are you sure the code isn't in the back of the sticker? I almost threw mine out for Love & Basketball
Castles made of sand, fall in the sea, eventually.

Wishlist (UV) from Blu
Chappie Clerks II Duel Enemies Closer The Faculty Focus Killing Lincoln Lord of the Rings trilogy (Extended) Mad Max (1979) Working Girl
Huge thanks to Thomas Irwin for The Homesman and Van Damme 5 Movie Action Pack and JTKenobi for Princess and the Frog
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:28 PM   #4563
DaBargainHunta DaBargainHunta is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
DaBargainHunta's Avatar
 
May 2011
Parts Unknown
-
-
Default

For those of you having a hard time finding Poltergeist 2-3, the John Wayne movies, that DTV collection with Seagal on the cover, etc., try again. Multiple copies most of those were added to my bin tonight where there were none or one before.

I found Poltergeist 2-3 (VUDU? IW) and Rio Bravo (IW) earlier.

Tonight's haul:

- Cahill U.S. Marshall (Instawatch)
- The Train Robbers (NO Instawatch)

I actually didn't find Train Robbers in the bin this time but on a shelf with the others. However, the shelf versions of all three John Wayne movies had no IW. The copy of Train Robbers I did find in the bin last time with a large gash in the case had no IW either.

Three questions:

1. I remember someone here saying that NO copies of Train Robbers - bin or shelf - have IW. Has this been everyone's experience with Train Robbers? It definitely doesn't come with IW, right? Seems strange, because the other two do.

2. Even if there's no IW sticker, can you still get an IW digital copy for movies that are eligible?

3. Rio Bravo, Cahill: U.S. Marshall, and The Train Robbers are the only three John Wayne movies in the bin, right?

Thanks.

Last edited by DaBargainHunta; 07-01-2015 at 11:43 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
OhioBobcat3 (Yesterday), strumdogg (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:00 AM   #4564
thetrout thetrout is offline
Junior Member
 
Jun 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBargainHunta View Post
3. Rio Bravo, Cahill: U.S. Marshall, and The Train Robbers are the only three John Wayne movies in the bin, right?
I believe so, but Hondo is currently on the $6.98 display right now. And the Cowboys / Green Berets / Searchers Triple Feature is only $12.94, a great value.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
DaBargainHunta (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:20 AM   #4565
DaBargainHunta DaBargainHunta is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
DaBargainHunta's Avatar
 
May 2011
Parts Unknown
-
-
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetrout View Post
I believe so, but Hondo is currently on the $6.98 display right now. And the Cowboys / Green Berets / Searchers Triple Feature is only $12.94, a great value.
I got Hondo when it was in the bin a couple of years back ($7.88 then, obviously, and no IW/VUDU at the time). My store took away the $6.88 display, BTW.

I'm always tempted by that Cowboys/Green Berets/Searchers triple pack, but I already have Cowboys. :\ Do you know if the discs are stacked or separate?
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:34 AM   #4566
thetrout thetrout is offline
Junior Member
 
Jun 2015
Default

They're separate. It's a 3-disc case.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
DaBargainHunta (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:54 AM   #4567
zoomddy zoomddy is offline
Active Member
 
zoomddy's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Montana
826
1
Default

Neither of the Bruce Lee double features work with InstaWatch, nor do they have UV codes.

I tried both The Way of the Dragon/Game of Death and The Big Boss/Fist of Fury

The Way of the Dragon/Game of Death did come with a coupon for $2 toward a disk to digital conversion
NEVER PAY RETAIL
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
strumdogg (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 02:26 AM   #4568
OhioBobcat3 OhioBobcat3 is offline
Active Member
 
OhioBobcat3's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
Ohio
1614
35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBargainHunta View Post
Three questions:

1. I remember someone here saying that NO copies of Train Robbers - bin or shelf - have IW. Has this been everyone's experience with Train Robbers? It definitely doesn't come with IW, right? Seems strange, because the other two do.


2. Even if there's no IW sticker, can you still get an IW digital copy for movies that are eligible?


3. Rio Bravo, Cahill: U.S. Marshall, and The Train Robbers are the only three John Wayne movies in the bin, right?

1. I haven't seen a copy of The Train Robbers that had an InstaWatch sticker yet. Copies of Cahill and Rio Bravo with the InstaWatch sticker have a completely different UPC than their in-line counterparts that activates the digital copy. I'm willing to bet that all copies of The Train Robbers have the same UPC, and will until a new UPC is assigned to selected copies to make it work in IW.

2. Yep. One example is Airport in the new in-line $7.88 display. It comes with a digital copy inside, but I also got one via InstaWatch when I scanned my receipt. It's just more of a guessing game as to whether a title will work or not. BTW, I scanned my receipt containing the Jake Gyllenhaal triple feature yesterday and received no digital copy of any kind.

3. I believe that only Cahill and Rio Bravo copies with InstaWatch stickers are supposed to be in the bin, but some members have had inept Walmart employees dump the in-line versions without IW (including The Train Robbers) in the bin as well. If Hondo is in the bin it's likely a leftover from the $6.88 display and was put in there because there was no other place for it.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
DaBargainHunta (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 02:29 AM   #4569
OhioBobcat3 OhioBobcat3 is offline
Active Member
 
OhioBobcat3's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
Ohio
1614
35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomddy View Post
Neither of the Bruce Lee double features work with InstaWatch, nor do they have UV codes.

I tried both The Way of the Dragon/Game of Death and The Big Boss/Fist of Fury

The Way of the Dragon/Game of Death did come with a coupon for $2 toward a disk to digital conversion
This is spot on. I had the same experience yesterday.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:05 AM   #4570
WonderWeasel WonderWeasel is offline
Active Member
 
WonderWeasel's Avatar
 
Nov 2014
Kansas City
258
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy View Post
I haven't bought these, but are you sure the code isn't in the back of the sticker? I almost threw mine out for Love & Basketball
Nope, nothing on the backs of the stickers. Meh, if I don't hear anything back from Lionsgate customer support, I'll just see if they'll let me exchange it.
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:19 AM   #4571
Dick Deckard Dick Deckard is offline
Active Member
 
Dick Deckard's Avatar
 
Sep 2014
My parent's house
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBargainHunta View Post
I got Hondo when it was in the bin a couple of years back ($7.88 then, obviously, and no IW/VUDU at the time). My store took away the $6.88 display, BTW.

I'm always tempted by that Cowboys/Green Berets/Searchers triple pack, but I already have Cowboys. :\ Do you know if the discs are stacked or separate?
My stores $6.88 display is gone too. They replaced it with damn DVDs.

Things like this happening is why I am convinced 4K Blu-ray will never take off.
Fear the man with nothing left to lose.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:00 AM   #4572
Blaze_Chamberlin Blaze_Chamberlin is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Blaze_Chamberlin's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
746
268
264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Deckard View Post
My stores $6.88 display is gone too. They replaced it with damn DVDs.

Things like this happening is why I am convinced 4K Blu-ray will never take off.
Did someone say DVDS?


Last edited by Blaze_Chamberlin; Today at 02:38 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
OhioBobcat3 (Today)
Old Today, 01:01 AM   #4573
OhioBobcat3 OhioBobcat3 is offline
Active Member
 
OhioBobcat3's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
Ohio
1614
35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBargainHunta View Post
I'm always tempted by that Cowboys/Green Berets/Searchers triple pack, but I already have Cowboys. :\ Do you know if the discs are stacked or separate?
I missed this question yesterday. I own this triple pack, and the disks are indeed separate.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
DaBargainHunta (Today)
Old Today, 05:18 AM   #4574
wormraper wormraper is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
wormraper's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona
2987
2
356
Default

for anyone who's picked up the AVP double pack. is the digital copy for BOTH movies, just one? or separate for each movie? also is it two discs, cuz I picked it up and it felt REALLY light, like 1 disc lite
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:32 AM   #4575
evoxturbo evoxturbo is offline
Special Member
 
evoxturbo's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
686
10
62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Deckard View Post
My stores $6.88 display is gone too. They replaced it with damn DVDs.

Things like this happening is why I am convinced 4K Blu-ray will never take off.
I tried three different Walmarts and could not find the 7.88 display with the Gyllenhaal triple feature and could not find it in the bins along with other movies I wanted from that display. Pisses me off.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:48 AM   #4576
thecalm_7 thecalm_7 is offline
Senior Member
 
thecalm_7's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
by the sea
2965
860
3
1
73
Default

for anyone in the 352, WM on Cortez beside SamsClub had a heaping 7.88 bin. Never seen it that high. Snagged Order/Nowhere to Run, Battlestar Galactica 2 pack, and Rio Bravo. They had numerous copies of Poltergeist, much new stuff listed here, but it was so crowded I didnt plunder through.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:11 AM   #4577
deltasun deltasun is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
deltasun's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
5593 ft above sea level
2043
35
386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze_Chamberlin View Post
Did someone say DVDS?

[Show spoiler]
It's like Disneyworld.
Like every broken wave on the shore
This is as far as I could reach



deltasun's sell/trade thread; For Sale: Captain Phillips (slip, BD/DVD), The Muppets (Wocka x 2) -- $13 ea; The Collection, The Iceman -- $10 ea.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:55 AM.