Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Banshee: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Jurassic World 3D Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$79.96
It Follows (Blu-ray)
$14.84
Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$19.95
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Mission: Impossible Quadrilogy (Blu-ray)
$21.98
Rick and Morty: Season One (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Once Upon a Time: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$48.37
The Ultimate Matrix Collection (Blu-ray)
$23.99
Shameless: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Odd Thomas (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Banshee: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$13.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals

Old 07-01-2015, 10:23 PM   #4561
Expert Member

Aug 2010
Arkansas
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderWeasel View Post
Just out of curiosity, has anyone purchased any movies from Wal-Mart that were missing the digital copy redemption code? The last two I have purchased from there (WarGames and a double feature of The Hurt Locker/Apocalypse Now) both had VUDU stickers on them that said they came with digital copies, but neither had an insert with the code on it, and there were no codes on the backs of the stickers.
Weird no I have not seen that lately.

Bought Today:

Love and Basketball came with UV and Instawatch
Cahill United States Marshall UV and Instawatch

Last edited by armyjon99; 07-01-2015 at 10:31 PM.
Thanks given by:
strumdogg (Yesterday)
Old 07-01-2015, 10:48 PM   #4562
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2013
Twin Cities, MN (USA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderWeasel View Post
Just out of curiosity, has anyone purchased any movies from Wal-Mart that were missing the digital copy redemption code? The last two I have purchased from there (WarGames and a double feature of The Hurt Locker/Apocalypse Now) both had VUDU stickers on them that said they came with digital copies, but neither had an insert with the code on it, and there were no codes on the backs of the stickers.
I haven't bought these, but are you sure the code isn't in the back of the sticker? I almost threw mine out for Love & Basketball
Castles made of sand, fall in the sea, eventually.

Wishlist (UV) from Blu
Chappie Clerks II Duel Enemies Closer The Faculty Focus Killing Lincoln Lord of the Rings trilogy (Extended) Mad Max (1979) Working Girl
Huge thanks to Thomas Irwin for The Homesman and Van Damme 5 Movie Action Pack and JTKenobi for Princess and the Frog
Old 07-01-2015, 11:28 PM   #4563
Blu-ray Guru

May 2011
Parts Unknown
-
-

For those of you having a hard time finding Poltergeist 2-3, the John Wayne movies, that DTV collection with Seagal on the cover, etc., try again. Multiple copies most of those were added to my bin tonight where there were none or one before.

I found Poltergeist 2-3 (VUDU? IW) and Rio Bravo (IW) earlier.

Tonight's haul:

- Cahill U.S. Marshall (Instawatch)
- The Train Robbers (NO Instawatch)

I actually didn't find Train Robbers in the bin this time but on a shelf with the others. However, the shelf versions of all three John Wayne movies had no IW. The copy of Train Robbers I did find in the bin last time with a large gash in the case had no IW either.

Three questions:

1. I remember someone here saying that NO copies of Train Robbers - bin or shelf - have IW. Has this been everyone's experience with Train Robbers? It definitely doesn't come with IW, right? Seems strange, because the other two do.

2. Even if there's no IW sticker, can you still get an IW digital copy for movies that are eligible?

3. Rio Bravo, Cahill: U.S. Marshall, and The Train Robbers are the only three John Wayne movies in the bin, right?

Thanks.

Last edited by DaBargainHunta; 07-01-2015 at 11:43 PM.
Thanks given by:
OhioBobcat3 (Yesterday), strumdogg (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:00 AM   #4564

Jun 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBargainHunta View Post
3. Rio Bravo, Cahill: U.S. Marshall, and The Train Robbers are the only three John Wayne movies in the bin, right?
I believe so, but Hondo is currently on the $6.98 display right now. And the Cowboys / Green Berets / Searchers Triple Feature is only $12.94, a great value.
Thanks given by:
DaBargainHunta (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:20 AM   #4565
Blu-ray Guru

May 2011
Parts Unknown
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetrout View Post
I believe so, but Hondo is currently on the $6.98 display right now. And the Cowboys / Green Berets / Searchers Triple Feature is only $12.94, a great value.
I got Hondo when it was in the bin a couple of years back ($7.88 then, obviously, and no IW/VUDU at the time). My store took away the $6.88 display, BTW.

I'm always tempted by that Cowboys/Green Berets/Searchers triple pack, but I already have Cowboys. :\ Do you know if the discs are stacked or separate?
Old Yesterday, 01:34 AM   #4566

Jun 2015

They're separate. It's a 3-disc case.
Thanks given by:
Old Yesterday, 01:54 AM   #4567

Jun 2012
Montana

Neither of the Bruce Lee double features work with InstaWatch, nor do they have UV codes.

I tried both The Way of the Dragon/Game of Death and The Big Boss/Fist of Fury

The Way of the Dragon/Game of Death did come with a coupon for $2 toward a disk to digital conversion
NEVER PAY RETAIL
Thanks given by:
strumdogg (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 02:26 AM   #4568

Apr 2013
Ohio

Quote:
Three questions:

1. I remember someone here saying that NO copies of Train Robbers - bin or shelf - have IW. Has this been everyone's experience with Train Robbers? It definitely doesn't come with IW, right? Seems strange, because the other two do.

2. Even if there's no IW sticker, can you still get an IW digital copy for movies that are eligible?

1. I haven't seen a copy of The Train Robbers that had an InstaWatch sticker yet. Copies of Cahill and Rio Bravo with the InstaWatch sticker have a completely different UPC than their in-line counterparts that activates the digital copy. I'm willing to bet that all copies of The Train Robbers have the same UPC, and will until a new UPC is assigned to selected copies to make it work in IW.

2. Yep. One example is Airport in the new in-line $7.88 display. It comes with a digital copy inside, but I also got one via InstaWatch when I scanned my receipt. It's just more of a guessing game as to whether a title will work or not. BTW, I scanned my receipt containing the Jake Gyllenhaal triple feature yesterday and received no digital copy of any kind.

3. I believe that only Cahill and Rio Bravo copies with InstaWatch stickers are supposed to be in the bin, but some members have had inept Walmart employees dump the in-line versions without IW (including The Train Robbers) in the bin as well. If Hondo is in the bin it's likely a leftover from the $6.88 display and was put in there because there was no other place for it.
Thanks given by:
Old Yesterday, 02:29 AM   #4569

Apr 2013
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomddy View Post
Neither of the Bruce Lee double features work with InstaWatch, nor do they have UV codes.

I tried both The Way of the Dragon/Game of Death and The Big Boss/Fist of Fury

The Way of the Dragon/Game of Death did come with a coupon for $2 toward a disk to digital conversion
This is spot on. I had the same experience yesterday.
Old Yesterday, 03:05 AM   #4570

Nov 2014
Kansas City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy View Post
I haven't bought these, but are you sure the code isn't in the back of the sticker? I almost threw mine out for Love & Basketball
Nope, nothing on the backs of the stickers. Meh, if I don't hear anything back from Lionsgate customer support, I'll just see if they'll let me exchange it.
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?
Old Today, 12:19 AM   #4571

Sep 2014
My parent's house

Quote:
I got Hondo when it was in the bin a couple of years back ($7.88 then, obviously, and no IW/VUDU at the time). My store took away the $6.88 display, BTW.

I'm always tempted by that Cowboys/Green Berets/Searchers triple pack, but I already have Cowboys. :\ Do you know if the discs are stacked or separate?
My stores $6.88 display is gone too. They replaced it with damn DVDs.

Things like this happening is why I am convinced 4K Blu-ray will never take off.
Fear the man with nothing left to lose.
Old Today, 01:00 AM   #4572
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Deckard View Post

Things like this happening is why I am convinced 4K Blu-ray will never take off.
Did someone say DVDS?

Last edited by Blaze_Chamberlin; Today at 02:38 AM.
Thanks given by:
OhioBobcat3 (Today)
Old Today, 01:01 AM   #4573

Apr 2013
Ohio

Quote:
I missed this question yesterday. I own this triple pack, and the disks are indeed separate.
Thanks given by:
DaBargainHunta (Today)
Old Today, 05:18 AM   #4574
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

for anyone who's picked up the AVP double pack. is the digital copy for BOTH movies, just one? or separate for each movie? also is it two discs, cuz I picked it up and it felt REALLY light, like 1 disc lite
Old Today, 05:32 AM   #4575
Special Member

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Deckard View Post

I tried three different Walmarts and could not find the 7.88 display with the Gyllenhaal triple feature and could not find it in the bins along with other movies I wanted from that display. Pisses me off.
Old Today, 05:48 AM   #4576

Apr 2011
by the sea

for anyone in the 352, WM on Cortez beside SamsClub had a heaping 7.88 bin. Never seen it that high. Snagged Order/Nowhere to Run, Battlestar Galactica 2 pack, and Rio Bravo. They had numerous copies of Poltergeist, much new stuff listed here, but it was so crowded I didnt plunder through.
Old Today, 06:11 AM   #4577
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2011
5593 ft above sea level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze_Chamberlin View Post
Did someone say DVDS?

[Show spoiler]
It's like Disneyworld.
Like every broken wave on the shore
This is as far as I could reach

deltasun's sell/trade thread; For Sale: Captain Phillips (slip, BD/DVD), The Muppets (Wocka x 2) -- $13 ea; The Collection, The Iceman -- $10 ea.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals