Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Sale is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Now: Gravity $4.00 (97% sold out)
Now: Despicable Me $6.96 (96% sold out)
Now: 3 Days to Kill $7.99 (26 mins left)
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Killing Them Softly (Blu-ray)
$3.99
7 hrs ago
12 Years a Slave (Blu-ray)
$6.96
16 hrs ago
American Hustle (Blu-ray)
$6.00
18 hrs ago
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Blu-ray)
$4.99
9 hrs ago
Breaking Bad: The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99
13 hrs ago
Good Will Hunting (Blu-ray)
$3.99
21 hrs ago
The Rover (Blu-ray)
$6.96
16 hrs ago
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$6.96
16 hrs ago
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$9.00
18 hrs ago
Super 8 (Blu-ray)
$4.99
21 hrs ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99
12 hrs ago
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$9.99
11 hrs ago
The Legend of Hercules 3D (Blu-ray)
$6.96
16 hrs ago
Bad Santa (Blu-ray)
$3.99
13 hrs ago

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 10-10-2014, 09:17 PM   #921

Aug 2010

I think the show is still good after the first eight seasons (what *I* consider to be the "golden age", I know it varies from person to person).

It's just very different, it's sillier like Family Guy and less realistic (I think seasons 3-8 captured the perfect balance between serious / realistic and silly) but there are still a lot of great episodes. Hell, one of my favorite episodes is from season 16 ("Home Away From Homer") and seasons 11-13 have some pretty great episodes too.

Season 13 is the first season (in chronological order) to get the Blu-ray treatment. I hate having to switch from DVD to Blu-ray mid-show too but I'd rather take what I can get on Blu-ray. I believe production on the movie started during season 15 or 16, so those couple of seasons are a little shaky due to that, but still worth watching. And I definitely think the show picked back up in season 20, there are a lot of great episodes in that one.

I'm sure I've said this before and I saw a recent post that said this too, but I REALLY wish they'd go back to at least two seasons a year. Release the previously aired season in the middle of the year before the new season starts, and then an older season in December. Still, I'd rather wait and get the copious amount of extras that we're accustomed to than bare-bones sets.
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:32 AM   #922
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007
Tucson, Az USA

Does anyone know where we can find (and post) any info if this season will include a molded head? I know it's DvD but, still a fan. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:04 AM   #923

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by recS-12 View Post
Does anyone know where we can find (and post) any info if this season will include a molded head? I know it's DvD but, still a fan. Thanks in advance.
Yup, a few posts up I posted the link to the pre-order
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
Thanks given by:
recS-12 (10-12-2014)
Old 10-21-2014, 03:05 AM   #924

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentulus Batiatus View Post
Why they rushed out season 20 on BD and then went back to their release order was just odd. and to push it so fast that it has NOTHING of value after the credits roll, disappointing. It made the perfect point to launch BD (with a proper full edition) and begin a twice-a-year cycle of releasing seasons, first a classic in order and then the next HD season until they had caught up to season 20 and from that point just carried on with the latest season coming out just before the new season premiers on TV.

Given just how badly Matt Groening *****d out the show to every conceivable tie-in putting the shows out for the home market seems like such a fail. Now the syndication rights (and money) might have something to do with that but still having BD's for all seasons for Big Bang Theory doesn't stop it running 15 times a day over various channels. and they only have 6 (7) seasons to show, not 25!
I still wonder if they will rerelease S20, since they didn't do commentaries. I remember reading back in the day they would, it's the reason I haven't picked i tup.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:35 AM   #925

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler2tall147 View Post
I still wonder if they will rerelease S20, since they didn't do commentaries. I remember reading back in the day they would, it's the reason I haven't picked i tup.
I expect they will. Hopefully they'll release another season the same year. While I'm all for them releasing a new Season 20 set with extras for those who are interested, I'm happy with my current Season 20 set and I'd rather not have to wait two years between new sets.
Streaming and downloads are the death of the preservation of the arts.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:52 PM   #926

Feb 2013
Essex, UK
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinMaster View Post
I expect they will. Hopefully they'll release another season the same year. While I'm all for them releasing a new Season 20 set with extras for those who are interested, I'm happy with my current Season 20 set and I'd rather not have to wait two years between new sets.
I'm with you, I enjoy the extras in the sets but am happy enough with an extra-less season 20.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:29 PM   #927
Expert Member

May 2010
Boston, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgeneral View Post
I wish they would do a Treehouse Blu release.

This year will be the 26th one. The show will probably end in a few years (hope not.. but who knows)

They should do a Volume set with 10 on each one. The 30th would air in Fall 2018 and they could release the final set the following year. Something like that would be cool

Volume 1 - 2015 - 1-10
Volume 2 - 2017 - 11-20
Volume 3 - 2019 - 21-30
I bought all the Treehouse episodes on iTunes and made a playlist. On Halloween I hook my computer up to my tv and have a marathon. I wish they'd make blu-ray volumes, though. I would imagine the show would end at season 30. I also wish they'd go back to the quality of the classic Treehouse episodes. The first one is my absolute favorite, followed by 3, 4, and 5. The only newer ones I liked were the Great Pumpkin parody and the Paranormal Activity parody. This year's was actually pretty good too.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:14 PM   #928

Jul 2009
Copenhagen, Denmark
Denmark Anyone with region code info

Need to know if this will be region free as all the others have been. Every year is the same since they only release the DVDs and not Blu Ray's in europe.
enyone please reply as soon as you know
Old 10-26-2014, 10:28 PM   #929
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by red5 View Post
Need to know if this will be region free as all the others have been. Every year is the same since they only release the DVDs and not Blu Ray's in europe.
enyone please reply as soon as you know
None of the others are region locked so no reason to believe they will suddenly change this now.
Thanks given by:
red5 (11-05-2014)
Old 10-26-2014, 11:02 PM   #930
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009

I have been watching some Treehouse of Horror episodes on TV the last couple of weeks, and I agree we need them on blu-ray. It would be such an awesome set.
My Top 5 Movies of All Time:
1. Forrest Gump
2. Back to the Future Part 1 & Back to the Future Part 2
3. Braveheart
4. Halloween (1978)
5. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Old 11-02-2014, 10:43 AM   #931
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
Northern Ireland

Can anyone tell me how good the earlier Simpsons seasons (1 -10) look upscaled?
"Nice night for a walk."
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
blu, fourteenth, ray, simpsons