Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.95
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99
Mad Max (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Cinderella (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$36.88
The Lazarus Effect (Blu-ray)
$22.96
Hyperdimension Neptunia The Animation: Complete Series + OVA LE (Blu-ray)
$40.29
Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Cake (Blu-ray)
$14.98
GoodFellas (Blu-ray)
$26.49
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 04-12-2015, 04:41 AM   #3281
Expert Member

Apr 2010

I'm just glad its being broadcast at full frame, as I thought it had been aired in zoomed in wide-screen in Japan.

I actually kind of like border graphics over blank bars. As long as they're not too distracting.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:06 AM   #3282
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Purcell View Post
I'm just glad its being broadcast at full frame, as I thought it had been aired in zoomed in wide-screen in Japan.

I actually kind of like border graphics over blank bars. As long as they're not too distracting.
Yeah DBZ Kai was 16:9 in the Japanese broadcast.

Cowboy Bebop did the same thing on Toonami when Adult Swim obtained the HD version (but that only lasted for 5 episodes until it was removed when the schedule was shortened). So now only Naruto Shippuden is strected to 16:9. But it doesn't really seem to remove the top and bottom of the image unless it's a really small difference that many people may not notice.

But if you watch DBZ Kai and when Adult Swim got the HD version of Cowboy Bebop on Adult Swim On Demand, it has the black bars on the top and bottom with the Toonami background graphics which makes it suggest that it's a 16:9 image in a 4:3 frame.
IGN and RPGamer- Ar tonelico II Best PS2 Game Award for 2009
Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel out now

Old 04-12-2015, 05:19 AM   #3283
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
Yeah DBZ Kai was 16:9 in the Japanese broadcast.

Cowboy Bebop did the same thing on Toonami when Adult Swim obtained the HD version (but that only lasted for 5 episodes until it was removed when the schedule was shortened). So now only Naruto Shippuden is strected to 16:9. But it doesn't really seem to remove the top and bottom of the image unless it's a really small difference that many people may not notice.

But if you watch DBZ Kai and when Adult Swim got the HD version of Cowboy Bebop on Adult Swim On Demand, it has the black bars on the top and bottom with the Toonami background graphics which makes it suggest that it's a 16:9 image in a 4:3 frame.
I thought Shippuden was a native 16:9
The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.
What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.
3263827 | Jakku | From out of the shadows, she walks like a dream
Old 04-12-2015, 12:03 PM   #3284
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
I thought Shippuden was a native 16:9
Started out in 4:3 but then went 16:9 for Season 3 (episode 54).

Old 04-14-2015, 09:01 PM   #3285

May 2010
British Columbia

I hope the new movie amounts to more than just giving all the characters fashion make overs.
The dumbest character in cinematic history is not Jar Jar Binks. It's David Larrabee. I mean...who the hell overlooks Audrey Hepburn!?
Old 04-19-2015, 04:54 AM   #3286
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
The staff of the Dragonball Z: Resurrection 'F' film revealed at a first-day screening event at Shinjuku's Wald9 theater in Tokyo on Saturday that the film will screen in 74 countries worldwide.

Funimation hosted the North American premiere of the film on April 11 in Los Angeles. The company plans to release the film in more theaters with an English dub this summer.

Dragonball Z: Resurrection 'F' premiered on 658 screens in both 2D and 3D in theaters across Japan on April 18, although advance screenings were held before then. The film is the first Japanese film to open in 3D IMAX Digital Theaters.

Toriyama said in an interview in November that the 'F' in the film's title stands for "Frieza," who is revived in the film. Toriyama noted that he thought of the title while listening to "F" by rock band Maximum The Hormone, whom he came to know personally through a friend. The song itself features Frieza as a motif, and is used as a "battle song" during one of the battle scenes in the film. The band originally released the song as its eighth single in July 2008.

Toriyama is personally credited with the original concept, screenplay, and character designs of the new movie. Dragonball Z animation director Tadayoshi Yamamuro directed the new movie. Pop idol group Momoiro Clover Z (Sailor Moon Crystal, Bodacious Space Pirates) performed the film's theme song, and also voiced roles in the movie, playing "angels" of hell that reside where the protagonist Son Goku's enemy Frieza has been imprisoned.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...untries/.87274

Old 04-19-2015, 06:40 AM   #3287
Power Member

Apr 2014
Australia

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2015/04/...eview-trailer/
Nicolas Cage is a gift to this world.
A glimpse into the mind of Nicolas Cage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEw5W03G20A
Old 04-21-2015, 02:20 AM   #3288
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
The Dragonball Z: Resurrection 'F' film earned approximately 960 million yen (about US$8.1 million) in its first two days at the Japanese box office this weekend. The film sold approximately 716,000 tickets in its first weekend.

The film sold 27.4% more tickets and earned 40.3% more in its first weekend than the 2013 Dragonball Z: Battle Of Gods film.

The film also beat out Furious 7, Detective Conan: Sunflowers Of Inferno, and Eiga Crayon Shin-chan: Ora no Hikkoshi Monogatari ~Saboten Daishūgeki films, which all also opened in Japan last weekend.

According to the Deadline entertainment news site, the film earned the biggest opening in Japan so far in 2015. The site also reported that Japan is the only territory in the world where Furious 7 did not open at #1.

Dragonball Z: Resurrection 'F' premiered on 658 screens in both 2D and 3D in theaters across Japan on April 18, although advance screenings were held before then. The film is the first Japanese film to open in 3D IMAX Digital Theaters.

The film's staff announced on Saturday that the film will screen in 74 countries worldwide. Funimation hosted the North American premiere of the film on April 11 in Los Angeles. The company plans to release the film in more theaters with an English dub this summer.

Toriyama said in an interview in November that the 'F' in the film's title stands for "Frieza," who is revived in the film. Toriyama noted that he thought of the title while listening to "F" by rock band Maximum The Hormone, whom he came to know personally through a friend. The song itself features Frieza as a motif, and is used as a "battle song" during one of the battle scenes in the film. The band originally released the song as its eighth single in July 2008.

Toriyama is personally credited with the original concept, screenplay, and character designs of the new movie. Dragonball Z animation director Tadayoshi Yamamuro directed the new movie. Pop idol group Momoiro Clover Z (Sailor Moon Crystal, Bodacious Space Pirates) performed the film's theme song, and also voiced roles in the movie, playing "angels" of hell that reside where the protagonist Son Goku's enemy Frieza has been imprisoned.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ion-yen/.87305

Old 04-21-2015, 03:05 AM   #3289
Expert Member

Apr 2010

Any actually reviews yet?
Old 04-22-2015, 09:02 AM   #3290

May 2010
British Columbia

That part where DBZ beat Furious 7 makes me enormously happy. The Japanese are smart.
The dumbest character in cinematic history is not Jar Jar Binks. It's David Larrabee. I mean...who the hell overlooks Audrey Hepburn!?
Old 04-22-2015, 09:24 AM   #3291

May 2009
New Zealand

I really hope the 3D Imax version is available on Blu the same time as the 2D version.. I have this fear the 3D will be delayed..
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime