Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
2001: A Space Odyssey 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.60

Robin Hood 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

The Villainess (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Star Wars Rebels: Complete Season Four (Blu-ray)
$34.99
4 hrs ago
The Death of Superman (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Fraggle Rock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$56.71

DC Universe: 10th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray)
$139.99

The Princess Bride (Blu-ray)
$30.37

Dragon Ball Super: Part 4 (Blu-ray)
$22.69
3 hrs ago
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$10.99

Monster Musume Everyday Life With Monster Girls: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.99
7 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Old 10-28-2009, 03:32 PM   #1

Aug 2009
Question Budget Bipole speaker suggestions

I have a very modest Home theater setup. So id like to get a set of Bipole surround speakers that wont cost me an arm and a leg. Right now im running Boston Acoustics HD10 for front and matching Boston center. My current surrounds are mounted on the rear wall of my room about a foot from the ceiling. The main listening position is directly in the middle of them.

Could someone suggest a decent set of Bipoles for me. I would like to find a used set off Ebay, etc. Budget would be <$200 for the set. LOL i said budget didnt i?
Old 10-28-2009, 03:40 PM   #2

Jan 2009
Positioning myself in front of the crease, getting slashed behind the knees by Billy Smith! :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by evnash View Post
I have a very modest Home theater setup. So id like to get a set of Bipole surround speakers that wont cost me an arm and a leg. Right now im running Boston Acoustics HD10 for front and matching Boston center. My current surrounds are mounted on the rear wall of my room about a foot from the ceiling. The main listening position is directly in the middle of them.

Could someone suggest a decent set of Bipoles for me. I would like to find a used set off Ebay, etc. Budget would be <$200 for the set. LOL i said budget didnt i?
I have the Klipsch Synergy S-3's. They are more or less considered "hybrid" bipoles (they have a midrange in the middle and 2 tweeters at 90 degrees from each other), but they do provide the enveloping sound you want from a bipole. It will cost you only $199.88 from Vanns, with free shipping.......
VIDEO
Projector:Sanyo PLV-Z60
Screen:Elite 92" Manual
TV:Samsung 46A650
Blu-Ray Player:Oppo BDP-83
DVR:DirecTv HR34-700
AUDIO(6.2)
AVR:Pioneer Elite SC-05
Amps:3 Emotiva UPA-1's
Front Speakers:AV123 RSC-200 "Bigfoot" Center & Rocket Signature 850 Fronts
Surround Speakers:2 X Paradigm Titan v.2 Sides & 1 X Atom v.2 Back
Subs:2- SVS PC12-NSD's
OTHER
Remote:Harmony One
Transducer:
Buttkicker
Protection:Belkin PF-60

Last edited by Fors*; 10-28-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:41 PM   #3

Aug 2007
Kansas City

the polk fxi3's, if there are any left were going for 175 from the polk direct ebay store. There were only white left last time i checked.
65KS8000 Samsung 4kLED
Panasonic BDT310/Xbox One S/ Yamaha V663 7.1 reciever
Polk Monitor 50 fronts / CS1 center / FXi3 surrounds
Premier Acoustics PA-120 subwoofer
Old 10-28-2009, 03:47 PM   #4
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")

Manufacturers Website: http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/index.php

For additional information about Polk speakers or any problems, contact

Jessica Villavicencio
Sales and Operations Assistant
(ph) 410-764-5211
jvillavicencio@polkaudio.com
Polk Audio, Inc

I have the FXi3's (pics in my gallery to the left & below in my Sig.) for my Side AND Rear Surrounds -- they only had White in the 3's a few weeks ago but the FXi4's I believe are a bit more (I paid $175/pr) & pretty much the EXACT same specs as the 3's. Give Jessica a CALL, vice emailing if you really need info, prices, est. delivery times, etc. She's Very helpful & you'll find her mentioned Many times thru-out the POLK AUDIO Speakers thread.
POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!"
TV: 70" SHARP 3D/LC-70UQ17U - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" / Center: CS2 - Front: RTiA5's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Sides), FXiA3's (Rears) - 2 Onkyo SKH-410 DOLBY ATMOS Spkrs / Subs: 2 PA-120's
ONKYO TX-NR838: DOLBY ATMOS (Ready) - Emotiva XPA-3/Gen 2 - OPPO BDP-103D
DirecTV: HR-44 HD-DVR - Remote: Harmony ONE
Old 10-28-2009, 06:13 PM   #5

Nov 2007

evnash, welcome to the foray!

someone had to ask tho,

why replace your current surrounds? you custom built it right? what didnt you like about them? maybe you can configure it with a set of horns to get to 'become' what you want.

just a thought.
System is very busy now.
Thank you for visiting KONAMI ID portal.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
We would like you to try to access again in later.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:47 PM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2009
South Florida

Quote:

Jessica Villavicencio
(ph) 410-764-5211
Polk Audio, Inc

call her

she has POLK FXI3 bipole/dipole speakers for $175 shipped
they have a switch so you can make them dipole or bipole....depending on your setup

Dipole/Bipole Switch: There is a switch, located in the terminal cup, that allows each speaker to be used as a Dipole (out of phase) or Bipole (in phase) speaker. If you're mounting the speakers on the side walls in line with your listening position, the dipole mode will create a diffuse, ambient soundfield. If you're placing them behind your position, the bipole mode fires the drivers in phase to flood your room with surround sound. When used with a Dolby Digital system, the surround speaker setting should be set to small.

CLICK HERE for a link to see their specs
PSN: DonVCorleone
Xbox Live: DonRSD
Nintendo Network ID: DonRSD
3DS Friend Code: 0018-0138-6226

The U - NY Mets - NY Giants - Miami Heat

Last edited by DonRSD; 10-28-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:03 PM   #7

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomari View Post
evnash, welcome to the foray!

someone had to ask tho,

why replace your current surrounds? you custom built it right? what didnt you like about them? maybe you can configure it with a set of horns to get to 'become' what you want.

just a thought.
well yes they are custom build by me when i was in my twenties. i just bought some tweeters and a woofer from MCM and threw in a crossover and build a cool looking box. so i doubt they are very good sounding when you compare then to quality speakers that are build to be surrounds.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:05 PM   #8

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRSD View Post

Jessica Villavicencio
(ph) 410-764-5211
Polk Audio, Inc

call her

she has POLK FXI3 bipole/dipole speakers for $175 shipped
they have a switch so you can make them dipole or bipole....depending on your setup

Dipole/Bipole Switch: There is a switch, located in the terminal cup, that allows each speaker to be used as a Dipole (out of phase) or Bipole (in phase) speaker. If you're mounting the speakers on the side walls in line with your listening position, the dipole mode will create a diffuse, ambient soundfield. If you're placing them behind your position, the bipole mode fires the drivers in phase to flood your room with surround sound. When used with a Dolby Digital system, the surround speaker setting should be set to small.

CLICK HERE for a link to see their specs
thanks for the info. you know i know that you have been thinking about upgrading your surrounds...how bout you just sell me your set of FXI3 and buy you some new surrounds. ill give ya $25 shipped for the set. lol only kidding...unless you really do want to sell them.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:29 PM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2009
South Florida

Quote:
thanks for the info. you know i know that you have been thinking about upgrading your surrounds...how bout you just sell me your set of FXI3 and buy you some new surrounds. ill give ya $25 shipped for the set. lol only kidding...unless you really do want to sell them.
HAHAHA

im buying another set of BLACK FXI3's next friday from a fellow blu-ray.com member Lou Hamilton.
im going for 7.1 sound

i believe with tax it was like $185 or so to have the FXI3's shipped from jessica @ polk to my front door.
they are refurbished and carry a full 3 or 5 year warranty from polk.

dont hesitate to buy them.....its only hurting yourself.
call her today and they are in the mail tomorrow
PSN: DonVCorleone
Xbox Live: DonRSD
Nintendo Network ID: DonRSD
3DS Friend Code: 0018-0138-6226

The U - NY Mets - NY Giants - Miami Heat
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers