Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

The King and I (Blu-ray)
$10.00
7 hrs ago
Fargo: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Ice Age 4 Movie Set (Blu-ray)
$16.99
11 hrs ago
Thor: The Dark World 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
14 hrs ago
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Planet of the Apes: Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
22 hrs ago
Alien Quadrilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.99
11 hrs ago
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 11-30-2014, 04:31 AM   #801

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestarfan36 View Post
Your probably right. I was being a little bit too harsh on WB. It's not their fault. The person to blame it the PRESIDENT of WB. Everything was going fine untill he showed up. Hopefully when he steps down, someone who cares about what the fans want will replace him.
That "someone who cares", at least I used to think so, is George Feltenstein. Back in the day, George championed the release of innumerable laser disc collections, including the Complete Tex Avery, Happy Harmonies MGM cartoon classics, and a slew of Looney Tunes collections. What a great time. Now, owing to either promotion into the realm of "don't care any more" or "can no longer be bothered", we have lost our one true advocate. Very sad. I hope George responds and explains how and why this has come about. If he responds in this forum, I will be surprised. George was an incredible, reliable supporter for many years because we thought he cared, and he was passionate about preserving and releasing these incredible golden age animation classics. Now, his ambivalence has led to the sorry state of affairs we have witnessed regarding Tom & Jerry Vol. 2, and the apparent demise of Tex Avery on Blu-ray, additional Looney Tunes on Blu-ray, the Fleischer/Famous Superman collection on Blu-ray, and pretty much any other bit of classic animation from now on. I once admired George Feltenstein, but now mourn the loss of his dedication, passion and support. This is a day of mourning for fans of America's incredible output of classic animation. Thank God we have Steven Stanchfield and Jerry Beck to carry the torch, which George Feltenstein has all but extinguished. Yes, I am VERY passionate about this!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America