Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection (Blu-ray)
$98.99
How to Train Your Dragon 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Fast & Furious 1-6 Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Interstellar (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Book of Life (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Whiplash (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Defiance: Season One (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Thunderbirds: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$44.97
Duck, You Sucker (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Predestination (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Little House on the Prairie: Season Five (Blu-ray)
$17.89
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old Yesterday, 07:08 PM   #301

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefactory View Post
I am talking about the short version that's on the bluray. It definitely wasn't censored for violence, just massively edited, so it must be "export english" instead of US then? If creepers is actually censored, then yeah, no reason to watch that, the splattery finale is the main reason to watch it
The U.S. release of DEEP RED was further cut down from the 105-minute "International" cut. It ran 98-minutes and trimmed some of the gore and also cut some dialogue scenes (i.e., the conversation between Mark and Gianna in the car) and ran 98-minutes. The version on the Blue Underground Blu-ray is the 105-minute "International cut". I don't think the 98-minute cut has ever been released on a digital medium- at least not legitimately, I supposed one of those 50-pack DVD sets could contain a bootleg of it.

And yes, CREEPERS does trim some of the gore.

Chris
Old Yesterday, 07:35 PM   #302

Jan 2015
England

Quote:
Mainstream in what way? The nonsensical plot and insanely high gore level certainly would lead me to steer most "regular people" far away from it, while I'd have no such hesitations about recommending Bird with the Crystal Plumage, which has a relatively straightforward, coherent plot, normal characters (well, besides cat-eating man), and no serious violence.
Personally, I class a knife stabbed up someone's vagina as 'serious violence', but that's just me.
Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM   #303
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Brooklyn, NY

Quote:
Mainstream in what way? The nonsensical plot and insanely high gore level certainly would lead me to steer most "regular people" far away from it, while I'd have no such hesitations about recommending Bird with the Crystal Plumage, which has a relatively straightforward, coherent plot, normal characters (well, besides cat-eating man), and no serious violence.
Mainstream in a sense that you don't have to be into hardcore giallos or Italotrash to enjoy the film. Like I said earlier, I saw the film in a theater when I was a kid - I don't remember any other Argento films playing in neighborhood theaters back then.
Fury HMV Steelbook F/S. PM if interested.
Old Yesterday, 08:00 PM   #304
Power Member

Oct 2012
WI, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjconstable View Post
Personally, I class a knife stabbed up someone's vagina as 'serious violence', but that's just me.
Well, I mean explicit, not implied. While it would shock some people, it's much different than the ultra-gory decapitations, slashings and stabbings in Phenomena.
Old Yesterday, 08:01 PM   #305
Power Member

Oct 2012
WI, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cine74 View Post
Mainstream in a sense that you don't have to be into hardcore giallos or Italotrash to enjoy the film. Like I said earlier, I saw the film in a theater when I was a kid - I don't remember any other Argento films playing in neighborhood theaters back then.
OK, yeah, I could see that. People I've shown it to always are like "hey, this is like Labyrinth!!!" when they see Jennifer Connelly and the insane plot developments. :P
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America