Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS3)
$44.99
Dragon's Crown (PS3)
$19.99
Need for Speed Rivals (PS3)
$18.99
Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3)
$39.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)
$29.99
The LEGO Movie Videogame (PS3)
$19.99
Destiny (PS3)
$49.99
Lego Marvel Super Heroes (PS3)
$14.99
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection (PS3)
$19.99
Fairy Fencer F (PS3)
$45.43
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3)
$51.38
NBA 2K14 (PS3)
$25.11
FIFA 14 (PS3)
$27.08
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare (PS3)
$22.50
Dynasty Warriors 8 (PS3)
$26.58
LEGO The Hobbit (PS3)
$22.46
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 03-12-2013, 03:58 AM   #21
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

I do admit that I only played the demo for the new DMC, but that's all I really even need to know on how bad the game is. Never cared for any game made by Ninja Theory, but this is more on like the worst game I have ever attempted to play. I honestly can't think of 1 good thing about the game.

I know you guys think a demo is just a demo and not the full game, but it's a demo of what the game is like. If I have to put up with what i've seen in the demo and plus everything else that the full version of the game has, let's just say I wouldn't even buy the game for a penny.
IGN and RPGamer- Ar tonelico II Best PS2 Game Award for 2009
Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel out now

Old 03-12-2013, 07:30 AM   #22
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
I do admit that I only played the demo for the new DMC, but that's all I really even need to know on how bad the game is. Never cared for any game made by Ninja Theory, but this is more on like the worst game I have ever attempted to play. I honestly can't think of 1 good thing about the game.

I know you guys think a demo is just a demo and not the full game, but it's a demo of what the game is like. If I have to put up with what i've seen in the demo and plus everything else that the full version of the game has, let's just say I wouldn't even buy the game for a penny.
You're entitled to your opinion, but - and I've remonstrated with you about this before - you should always factor out your own tastes when making recommendations for other people. No one is forcing you to buy the game if you think you won't like it, and that's totally fine, but what's NOT fine is imposing your opinions on others in this fashion, particularly when you don't own the game in question.

You've got DmC owners in this thread telling you that your understanding of the retail release is incomplete, and you still persist in bashing the game based on your opinion of a demo. What does that gain you, other than to make yourself look misinformed?
PS3: 100+ games, 100+ movies. Pure HD bliss!

Last edited by Icemage; 03-12-2013 at 07:32 AM.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #23
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2007

Quote:

Its fine and dandy to have an opinion, but its not fair to ascertain the game is crap when you haven't played it. I was not a fan of the GoW demo but I cant say that the final product is crap bc I haven't played through it yet so I don't know what its actually like and wont be able to form my own valid opinion until Ive actually gotten a chance to play it.

I figured you only played the demo as that was evident by your original post. Trust me, it is only a small sampling of what the game has to offer. You gain a lot more weapons, moves and combos along the way and there is plenty of originality and diversity to be found in the missions. And you don't get to experience the story from a small slice that a demo shows you. You don't get to see the relationships develop between the characters or get perspective for who they are and why they are doing what they are.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #24
Power Member

Dec 2009
VA

DMC was a pleasant surprise. If I had to choose one, I'd go God of War, but I'd buy 3 if you haven't played that first. Note that I'm a Greek Mythology buff and the GOW series is among my favorite, so I am definitely not an impartial judge. DmC may be better to a non-God of War diehard.
Currently Playing: TLOU Remastered, Rogue Legacy, Halo Spartan Assault, Wolfenstein

Looking Forward to: Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Arkham Knight, The Witcher 3
Old 03-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #25

Aug 2010
Bettendorf IA

They are really good but if I had to choose one it would be GOW
Old 03-12-2013, 01:03 PM   #26
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007
Over The State Line

Having played both DMC and all of the GOW games, I would have to say go with GOW, I like DMC grant you I did back to back play through but GOW wins out.
MOE

Last edited by Moefiz; 03-12-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #27
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008

Quote:
The story is bad.
Yes.

Quote:
The dialogue is bad.
Yes.

Quote:
Even the gameplay sucks.
HELL NO! The gameplay is spectacular! And, like all DMC games, the "story" is really just a wrapper to get you to the next combat sequence.

I will admit that it does take some time to get used to, since it's a departure from the rest of the series, and because of this, I also didn't really like the demo. The gameplay is amazing once you get the hang of it, though. It's like DMC4's Dante, except instead of switching between styles, you have all your styles available all the time.

My only complaint is that the game is a bit too easy compared to its predecessors; air combos are a little too good, now that you can stay in the air for pretty much forever, and enemy AI can't compensate for that, so the only way the game gets harder is to make enemies take more damage and hit much harder--and this makes the boss battles stupid easy. Even the final boss is easily outwitted, so they just gave him straight up invincibility for most of the battle. To top it off, Devil Trigger is way too powerful this time, since it launches everyone, doubles your damage output, negates enemies' elemental defenses, and slows down time like Quicksilver; I'd rather it be like the old one, where it's not that good but charges quickly so you can use it often. As is, Devil Trigger is a use-once-to-get-your-ass-out-of-a-mess deal.

Last edited by Septimus Prime; 03-12-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #28
Power Member

Jul 2008

TBH... just save yourself $40 and pick up God of War 3. It's probably better than all of these games. Then if you like GOW 3, you'll have $40 to go towards God of War Ascension.
58" Samsung Plasma 1080p
Playstation 3
Xbox 360
Onkyo TX-SR606 Receiver
Polk Audio RM6750 5.1 Speakers
50" Samsung Plasma in the bedroom
Old 03-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #29
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk504 View Post
TBH... just save yourself $40 and pick up God of War 3. It's probably better than all of these games. Then if you like GOW 3, you'll have $40 to go towards God of War Ascension.
thatas assuming he's never played GOW3 before
Old 03-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #30
Power Member

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
thatas assuming he's never played GOW3 before
If he's played it, then this thread is irrelevant. He would've already bought GOWA
58" Samsung Plasma 1080p
Playstation 3
Xbox 360
Onkyo TX-SR606 Receiver
Polk Audio RM6750 5.1 Speakers
50" Samsung Plasma in the bedroom
Old 03-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #31
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimus Prime View Post
HELL NO! The gameplay is spectacular! And, like all DMC games, the "story" is really just a wrapper to get you to the next combat sequence.
Yup.

Quote:
I will admit that it does take some time to get used to, since it's a departure from the rest of the series, and because of this, I also didn't really like the demo.
I also greatly disliked the demo. I hated the art style on display (hurt my eyes), I hated the juvenile humor and dialogue, and I hated being tossed into combat with no idea what any of the moves were. Given that the game allows you to more or less use any moves you like, even if you're mashing buttons, there didn't "seem" to be a lot of point to any of the combos.

It's not until you really dig down and look at the points you're scoring and how it impacts your rewards that things make sense, and you don't get any sense of that in the demo.

Quote:
the game is a bit too easy compared to its predecessors;
Truth, but I don't consider that a bad thing. DMC3 is a fantastic game, but it is punishingly difficult even on Normal.

I think for the average player with mediocre reflexes, DmC is just about perfectly tuned. I played through on Nephilim difficulty(hard) and it gave me a solid challenge, but I consider myself barely slightly above average at this sort of game.

Quote:
Devil Trigger is way too powerful this time
Devil Trigger was a waste of time and resources. I agree that it needed to recharge much faster and be much weaker. Make it last longer, make Dante move faster and hit harder while ignoring elemental weaknesses would have been perfect IMO.

As it stands, you're right - it's basically just a free heal and a get out of jail free card, particularly against elementally aligned enemies.

Still, the gameplay is still awesome. It's one of those rare games where even random button mashing looks amazing on-screen, and that's an impressive feat all on its own.
PS3: 100+ games, 100+ movies. Pure HD bliss!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #32
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemage View Post
I played through on Nephilim difficulty(hard) and it gave me a solid challenge, but I consider myself barely slightly above average at this sort of game.
This is where our opinions differ. For me, DMC games don't even start until Son of Sparda mode (with the initial difficulties being just a really long tutorial), where you have access to most of your arsenal and moves (and on that, a side note that I have here is that it takes way too long to get upgrades in DmC. I'm coming into DMD mode now, and I don't even have all the upgrades yet. Plus, there's pretty much no way to SSS early stages on your first playthrough, since you can't access tons of secret areas during your first pass) and can really just focus on being good at combat, being punished heavily for any mistakes.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3