Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$11.49
Planet of the Vampires (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Old School (Blu-ray)
$5.20
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Lifeforce (Blu-ray)
$14.59
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2014, 11:57 PM   #841
Michael24 Michael24 is offline
Senior Member
 
Michael24's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Central California
86
489
Default

Been trying to identify this movie with no luck. Here's what I know.

It was a rural setting, centered around a lone old house in the countryside. There was a monster living in the attic. I recall that it was all black, as if burned badly, and may have had its mouth sewn shut or did that to its victims. Some of the characters included the local sheriff and a young woman who was maybe a real estate agent. I think the story involved the woman finding out her family had history in the house, and there was some kind of twist revealing that the monster was somehow related to her and ancient, and had biblical ties.

I remember watching it several years ago on Syfy, but don't know if it was a Syfy (or then-Sci Fi Channel) original or not. I've looked at a couple lists of Syfy originals, but didn't seem to find it. I want to say I saw it around 2005-2007 and I'm pretty sure it wasn't older than 2000. Might have only been a couple or few years old when I saw it.

I wish had more to go on, but that's all I can draw up at the moment. Any ideas?
LAST THEATRICAL MOVIE SEEN: Ghostbusters (9/3/2014)

TOP 10 FAVORITE MOVIES:
1. Raiders of the Lost Ark 2. Star Wars 3. Jaws 4. Ghostbusters 5. Back to the Future 6. Lethal Weapon 7. Aliens 8. The Mummy ('99) 9. Jurassic Park 10. Blade Runner
CURRENT TV FAVORITES:
Arrow, Bates Motel, The Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Criminal Minds, Elementary, Family Guy, The Flash, Gotham, Justified, Longmire, Ripper Street, Sleepy Hollow, Stalker, Unforgettable.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 12:38 AM   #842
SlayersCouncil SlayersCouncil is offline
Special Member
 
SlayersCouncil's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Katy, TX
1
524
223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
Been trying to identify this movie with no luck. Here's what I know.

It was a rural setting, centered around a lone old house in the countryside. There was a monster living in the attic. I recall that it was all black, as if burned badly, and may have had its mouth sewn shut or did that to its victims. Some of the characters included the local sheriff and a young woman who was maybe a real estate agent. I think the story involved the woman finding out her family had history in the house, and there was some kind of twist revealing that the monster was somehow related to her and ancient, and had biblical ties.

I remember watching it several years ago on Syfy, but don't know if it was a Syfy (or then-Sci Fi Channel) original or not. I've looked at a couple lists of Syfy originals, but didn't seem to find it. I want to say I saw it around 2005-2007 and I'm pretty sure it wasn't older than 2000. Might have only been a couple or few years old when I saw it.

I wish had more to go on, but that's all I can draw up at the moment. Any ideas?
Boogeyman (1, 2 or 3)?


  Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 12:57 AM   #843
Michael24 Michael24 is offline
Senior Member
 
Michael24's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Central California
86
489
Default

I looked those up and it's not any of them I'm afraid.

EDIT: Well, it wasn't that Boogeyman, but was instead another(!) Boogeyman (and indeed a Syfy Original) from 2012. Strange that I was thinking it'd been several years for some reason.

LAST THEATRICAL MOVIE SEEN: Ghostbusters (9/3/2014)

TOP 10 FAVORITE MOVIES:
1. Raiders of the Lost Ark 2. Star Wars 3. Jaws 4. Ghostbusters 5. Back to the Future 6. Lethal Weapon 7. Aliens 8. The Mummy ('99) 9. Jurassic Park 10. Blade Runner
CURRENT TV FAVORITES:
Arrow, Bates Motel, The Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Criminal Minds, Elementary, Family Guy, The Flash, Gotham, Justified, Longmire, Ripper Street, Sleepy Hollow, Stalker, Unforgettable.

Last edited by Michael24; 10-03-2014 at 02:22 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:21 AM   #844
Trace17 Trace17 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Trace17's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Oklahoma
832
37
Default

I was watching a TCM movie off my DVR, "In Name Only" starring Cary Grant. It aired at 8am CDT on August 10 earlier this year. There was some short film after it though, where there was a burglary at a bridge game or something? It started out with a narrator, he mentions something about it not being an ordinary night because someone will be killed? I'm probably mis-remembering something but if anyone has any details on it I'd love to know. I can't find any tv listings that go back that far.
YNWA.

Don't point that gun at him, he's an unpaid intern.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 06:03 AM   #845
Michael24 Michael24 is offline
Senior Member
 
Michael24's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Central California
86
489
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace17 View Post
I was watching a TCM movie off my DVR, "In Name Only" starring Cary Grant. It aired at 8am CDT on August 10 earlier this year. There was some short film after it though, where there was a burglary at a bridge game or something? It started out with a narrator, he mentions something about it not being an ordinary night because someone will be killed? I'm probably mis-remembering something but if anyone has any details on it I'd love to know. I can't find any tv listings that go back that far.
If you're on Facebook, TCM seems pretty good at replying to peoples' comments. You could try posting the relevant info on their page and see if they answer, or maybe another viewer can help you.
LAST THEATRICAL MOVIE SEEN: Ghostbusters (9/3/2014)

TOP 10 FAVORITE MOVIES:
1. Raiders of the Lost Ark 2. Star Wars 3. Jaws 4. Ghostbusters 5. Back to the Future 6. Lethal Weapon 7. Aliens 8. The Mummy ('99) 9. Jurassic Park 10. Blade Runner
CURRENT TV FAVORITES:
Arrow, Bates Motel, The Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Criminal Minds, Elementary, Family Guy, The Flash, Gotham, Justified, Longmire, Ripper Street, Sleepy Hollow, Stalker, Unforgettable.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:56 PM   #846
Livelong420 Livelong420 is offline
Expert Member
 
Livelong420's Avatar
 
Nov 2011
Denver, CO
53
Default

A movie or tv show that has a man getting a tattoo of a bowling team on his person. He already has some tattoos of bowling teams on himself. Later on he dies.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:50 PM   #847
Pizzamorg Pizzamorg is online now
Special Member
 
Pizzamorg's Avatar
 
Jul 2014
34
Default

It's australian I think, low budget. It's about three teens who murder the paedophile who abused them. The paedophile looks like a male model and has a cool car. It's shot in this really trippy way that makes it hard to get a handle on
Has a guy masturbating in front of a mirror juxtaposed by two other people banging.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 02:48 AM   #848
kobol kobol is offline
Junior Member
 
kobol's Avatar
 
Oct 2014
498
403
Default

Great thread, Looking for two movies from the early to mid 1980's: 1. All I remember from this one is at least two kids in a house trying to chase down or avoid a small UFO about the size of a football. Their dog is barking & chasing it as well and it flies out the door into the street? Movie #2. A zombie type creature chasing some people at night but gets cut in half by a stargate type portal? Sorry for the vagueness of my descriptions.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:20 AM   #849
djakrse djakrse is online now
Senior Member
 
djakrse's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Texas, USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobol View Post
Great thread, Looking for two movies from the early to mid 1980's: 1. All I remember from this one is at least two kids in a house trying to chase down or avoid a small UFO about the size of a football. Their dog is barking & chasing it as well and it flies out the door into the street? Movie #2. A zombie type creature chasing some people at night but gets cut in half by a stargate type portal? Sorry for the vagueness of my descriptions.
I may be way off, but is the first one *batteries not included?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:34 AM   #850
OptimusL OptimusL is online now
Senior Member
 
OptimusL's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
Australia
174
Default

I can't remember what country the movie is from I watched it in the late 90s, there were these two guys I think they might have been escaped prisoners and they had to go through a farm or something. So in order to not be noticed they got into a cow suit, and as they were walking past the cows all of a sudden a calf starts to suck on the fake cow breast from the back half's costume and the guy that was in there made a painful facial expression.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:20 AM   #851
HorrorBlu HorrorBlu is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
HorrorBlu's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
1337
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusL View Post
I can't remember what country the movie is from I watched it in the late 90s, there were these two guys I think they might have been escaped prisoners and they had to go through a farm or something. So in order to not be noticed they got into a cow suit, and as they were walking past the cows all of a sudden a calf starts to suck on the fake cow breast from the back half's costume and the guy that was in there made a painful facial expression.
Top Secret?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Movies for sale (includes a few brand new Criterions)
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:04 AM   #852
OptimusL OptimusL is online now
Senior Member
 
OptimusL's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
Australia
174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorBlu View Post
Top Secret?
Son of a *****, that's the movie!

Thank you very much
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:44 AM   #853
Galleria6 Galleria6 is offline
Junior Member
 
Oct 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Accountant View Post
I want to say Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, but I think you're looking for something older.

Your post makes me remember a movie with a town in America (I think) built by Russians. They use this town to train Russian spies and to teach them to act like Americans so they can fit in. Then a couple of Americans come in and start interacting with them. Probably an 80's flick. Anyone?
Sounds like The Experts with Travolta and Kelly Preston.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:06 PM   #854
Thomas Guycott Thomas Guycott is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Thomas Guycott's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
USA
404
1
Default

This is a movie probably from the late 1980s. I only saw it once as a rental around the time it came out, when I was a young kid.

All I remember is the very end, where a teen couple is by a pond full of frogs at night. I think the song for the end credits startled playing along with closeups of the frogs.

It wasn't a horror movie.
"We got this, man! We got this by the ass!"

Last edited by Thomas Guycott; Yesterday at 03:14 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:37 AM   #855
kobol kobol is offline
Junior Member
 
kobol's Avatar
 
Oct 2014
498
403
Default

djakrse: Unfortunately it's not Batteries Not Included. Thank you though! Nice avatar.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
djakrse (Today)
Old Today, 02:14 AM   #856
kobol kobol is offline
Junior Member
 
kobol's Avatar
 
Oct 2014
498
403
Default

Hey , Col. Zombie , in post#248 the description of the movie you described reminds me of the movie Dance of the Dwarves (1983)? I haven't seen the film in forever, hope this helped.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Trying to figure out hookups? Receivers Ric2L 10 02-19-2009 04:01 PM
The Dark Knight- Joker Movie Master Figure General Chat danay82 8 05-15-2008 11:54 PM
Help figure out what movie this is General Chat J_Lee87 2 12-19-2007 03:07 AM
Can anyone figure out which title is this? Blu-ray Movies - North America AlexBC 8 01-13-2007 10:23 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:14 PM.