Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$11.49
Planet of the Vampires (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Old School (Blu-ray)
$5.20
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Lifeforce (Blu-ray)
$14.59
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 10-02-2014, 11:57 PM   #841

Nov 2009
Central California

Been trying to identify this movie with no luck. Here's what I know.

It was a rural setting, centered around a lone old house in the countryside. There was a monster living in the attic. I recall that it was all black, as if burned badly, and may have had its mouth sewn shut or did that to its victims. Some of the characters included the local sheriff and a young woman who was maybe a real estate agent. I think the story involved the woman finding out her family had history in the house, and there was some kind of twist revealing that the monster was somehow related to her and ancient, and had biblical ties.

I remember watching it several years ago on Syfy, but don't know if it was a Syfy (or then-Sci Fi Channel) original or not. I've looked at a couple lists of Syfy originals, but didn't seem to find it. I want to say I saw it around 2005-2007 and I'm pretty sure it wasn't older than 2000. Might have only been a couple or few years old when I saw it.

I wish had more to go on, but that's all I can draw up at the moment. Any ideas?
LAST THEATRICAL MOVIE SEEN: Ghostbusters (9/3/2014)

TOP 10 FAVORITE MOVIES:
1. Raiders of the Lost Ark 2. Star Wars 3. Jaws 4. Ghostbusters 5. Back to the Future 6. Lethal Weapon 7. Aliens 8. The Mummy ('99) 9. Jurassic Park 10. Blade Runner
CURRENT TV FAVORITES:
Arrow, Bates Motel, The Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Criminal Minds, Elementary, Family Guy, The Flash, Gotham, Justified, Longmire, Ripper Street, Sleepy Hollow, Stalker, Unforgettable.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:38 AM   #842
Special Member

Apr 2011
Katy, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
Been trying to identify this movie with no luck. Here's what I know.

It was a rural setting, centered around a lone old house in the countryside. There was a monster living in the attic. I recall that it was all black, as if burned badly, and may have had its mouth sewn shut or did that to its victims. Some of the characters included the local sheriff and a young woman who was maybe a real estate agent. I think the story involved the woman finding out her family had history in the house, and there was some kind of twist revealing that the monster was somehow related to her and ancient, and had biblical ties.

I remember watching it several years ago on Syfy, but don't know if it was a Syfy (or then-Sci Fi Channel) original or not. I've looked at a couple lists of Syfy originals, but didn't seem to find it. I want to say I saw it around 2005-2007 and I'm pretty sure it wasn't older than 2000. Might have only been a couple or few years old when I saw it.

I wish had more to go on, but that's all I can draw up at the moment. Any ideas?
Boogeyman (1, 2 or 3)?

Old 10-03-2014, 12:57 AM   #843

Nov 2009
Central California

I looked those up and it's not any of them I'm afraid.

EDIT: Well, it wasn't that Boogeyman, but was instead another(!) Boogeyman (and indeed a Syfy Original) from 2012. Strange that I was thinking it'd been several years for some reason.

TOP 10 FAVORITE MOVIES:
1. Raiders of the Lost Ark 2. Star Wars 3. Jaws 4. Ghostbusters 5. Back to the Future 6. Lethal Weapon 7. Aliens 8. The Mummy ('99) 9. Jurassic Park 10. Blade Runner
CURRENT TV FAVORITES:
Arrow, Bates Motel, The Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Criminal Minds, Elementary, Family Guy, The Flash, Gotham, Justified, Longmire, Ripper Street, Sleepy Hollow, Stalker, Unforgettable.

Last edited by Michael24; 10-03-2014 at 02:22 AM.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:21 AM   #844
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

I was watching a TCM movie off my DVR, "In Name Only" starring Cary Grant. It aired at 8am CDT on August 10 earlier this year. There was some short film after it though, where there was a burglary at a bridge game or something? It started out with a narrator, he mentions something about it not being an ordinary night because someone will be killed? I'm probably mis-remembering something but if anyone has any details on it I'd love to know. I can't find any tv listings that go back that far.
YNWA.

Don't point that gun at him, he's an unpaid intern.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:03 AM   #845

Nov 2009
Central California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace17 View Post
I was watching a TCM movie off my DVR, "In Name Only" starring Cary Grant. It aired at 8am CDT on August 10 earlier this year. There was some short film after it though, where there was a burglary at a bridge game or something? It started out with a narrator, he mentions something about it not being an ordinary night because someone will be killed? I'm probably mis-remembering something but if anyone has any details on it I'd love to know. I can't find any tv listings that go back that far.
If you're on Facebook, TCM seems pretty good at replying to peoples' comments. You could try posting the relevant info on their page and see if they answer, or maybe another viewer can help you.

TOP 10 FAVORITE MOVIES:
CURRENT TV FAVORITES:
Old 10-12-2014, 10:56 PM   #846
Expert Member

Nov 2011
Denver, CO

A movie or tv show that has a man getting a tattoo of a bowling team on his person. He already has some tattoos of bowling teams on himself. Later on he dies.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:50 PM   #847
Special Member

Jul 2014

It's australian I think, low budget. It's about three teens who murder the paedophile who abused them. The paedophile looks like a male model and has a cool car. It's shot in this really trippy way that makes it hard to get a handle on
Has a guy masturbating in front of a mirror juxtaposed by two other people banging.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:48 AM   #848

Oct 2014

Great thread, Looking for two movies from the early to mid 1980's: 1. All I remember from this one is at least two kids in a house trying to chase down or avoid a small UFO about the size of a football. Their dog is barking & chasing it as well and it flies out the door into the street? Movie #2. A zombie type creature chasing some people at night but gets cut in half by a stargate type portal? Sorry for the vagueness of my descriptions.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:20 AM   #849

Jun 2012
Texas, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobol View Post
Great thread, Looking for two movies from the early to mid 1980's: 1. All I remember from this one is at least two kids in a house trying to chase down or avoid a small UFO about the size of a football. Their dog is barking & chasing it as well and it flies out the door into the street? Movie #2. A zombie type creature chasing some people at night but gets cut in half by a stargate type portal? Sorry for the vagueness of my descriptions.
I may be way off, but is the first one *batteries not included?
Old 10-22-2014, 03:34 AM   #850

Apr 2014
Australia

I can't remember what country the movie is from I watched it in the late 90s, there were these two guys I think they might have been escaped prisoners and they had to go through a farm or something. So in order to not be noticed they got into a cow suit, and as they were walking past the cows all of a sudden a calf starts to suck on the fake cow breast from the back half's costume and the guy that was in there made a painful facial expression.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:20 AM   #851
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusL View Post
I can't remember what country the movie is from I watched it in the late 90s, there were these two guys I think they might have been escaped prisoners and they had to go through a farm or something. So in order to not be noticed they got into a cow suit, and as they were walking past the cows all of a sudden a calf starts to suck on the fake cow breast from the back half's costume and the guy that was in there made a painful facial expression.
Top Secret?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Movies for sale (includes a few brand new Criterions)
Old 10-22-2014, 05:04 AM   #852

Apr 2014
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorBlu View Post
Top Secret?
Son of a *****, that's the movie!

Thank you very much
Old 10-22-2014, 05:44 AM   #853

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Accountant View Post
I want to say Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, but I think you're looking for something older.

Your post makes me remember a movie with a town in America (I think) built by Russians. They use this town to train Russian spies and to teach them to act like Americans so they can fit in. Then a couple of Americans come in and start interacting with them. Probably an 80's flick. Anyone?
Sounds like The Experts with Travolta and Kelly Preston.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:06 PM   #854
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2012
USA

This is a movie probably from the late 1980s. I only saw it once as a rental around the time it came out, when I was a young kid.

All I remember is the very end, where a teen couple is by a pond full of frogs at night. I think the song for the end credits startled playing along with closeups of the frogs.

It wasn't a horror movie.
"We got this, man! We got this by the ass!"

Last edited by Thomas Guycott; Yesterday at 03:14 AM.
Old Today, 12:37 AM   #855

Oct 2014

djakrse: Unfortunately it's not Batteries Not Included. Thank you though! Nice avatar.
Thanks given by:
djakrse (Today)
Old Today, 02:14 AM   #856

Oct 2014

Hey , Col. Zombie , in post#248 the description of the movie you described reminds me of the movie Dance of the Dwarves (1983)? I haven't seen the film in forever, hope this helped.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies