Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Gershwins' Porgy & Bess (Blu-ray)
$29.89
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Fedora (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (After You've Seen It!)
One Star 2 9.52%
Two Stars 8 38.10%
Three Stars 6 28.57%
Four Stars 5 23.81%
Five Stars 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #221
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeScott View Post
They are moving forward with the sequel. Filming is supposed to begin next year.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=110570

As long as this is going to continue I'll check out the first.
Straight to DVD.
Remaining Films of 2014 I'll check out: Nightcrawler. Mr. Turner. Interstellar. The Drop. The Imitation Game. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1. Horrible Bosses 2. Men, Women and Children. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. Dumb and Dumber To. Exodus: Gods and Kings. Big Eyes. Unbroken.
Best Films of the Year so far: Boyhood. Calvary. Frank. Godzilla. Gone Girl. The Rover. The Raid 2. The LEGO Movie. Under the Skin.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #222
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
Straight to DVD.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #223
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009

I rented City of Bones through Vudu. I'll be watching it soon. Glad to hear fans of the film will be rewarded with the sequel.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #224
Expert Member

Oct 2010
san diego california

Gotta love the incest and bestiality in the film
Old 12-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #225
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013

Another Percy Jackson knock off disaster?
Old 10-12-2014, 08:50 PM   #226
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

'The Mortal Instruments' to Return as TV Series

Quote:
After stalling at the box office, The Mortal Instruments is coming back. As a television series.

Constantin Film, the production company that controls the rights to Cassandra Clare's best-selling YA fantasy franchise and which produced The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones film, is relaunching Mortal Instruments as a high-end drama series.

Constantin has hired Ed Decter, whose writer-producer credits include Helix, Unforgettable, In Plain Sight and The Client List, as the showrunner for the Mortal Instruments series. The project is currently in development, with Constantin planning to begin production next year. No broadcast partners are yet attached to the series.

Constantin had originally planned to turn Clare's fantasy series into a feature film franchise but shelved that idea after the first Mortal Instruments film, starring Lily Collins and Jamie Campbell Bower, tanked at the box office, earning just $31 million domestically. Constantin, however, insisted it had not abandoned the franchise and planned to return to Mortal Instruments.

“It actually makes sense to do (the novels) as a TV series,” Constantin film and TV head Martin Moszkowicz told THR. “There was so much from the book that we had to leave out of the Mortal Instruments film. In the series we'll be able to go deeper and explore this world in greater detail and depth.”

The Mortal Instruments series is part of a broader strategic shift at Constantin that will see the German-based company move into English-language television series. Moszkowicz said Constantin is looking at possible television adaptations of several of its English-language movie properties, including period serial killer drama Perfume: The Story of a Murderer and the Resident Evil sci-fi horror franchise.

Constantin's German television business has been consistently profitable over the years even as its recent English-language films, with the exception of the Resident Evil titles, have misfired. In addition to Mortal Instruments, Constantin's big-budget disaster movie Pompeii and the 3D animated Tarzan, both fizzled at the box office.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...turn-as-740204

I don't see this working out very well either, especially if different actors are involved.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:00 PM   #227
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009

Okay that's cool to be sure but now this makes me ask, are they rebooting it completely or will they use the movie as a backdoor pilot and continue the series where the movie left off with some obvious recasting?
Old 10-12-2014, 10:14 PM   #228
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010

Ouch! Must suck for the original cast. They all really seemed into it and excited that the first film would launch the franchise.
Favorite Actors/Actresses:
Christian Bale
Emma Stone
Michael Fassbender
Jessica Chastain
Chris Hemsworth
Eva Green
Taylor Lautner
Old 10-12-2014, 11:44 PM   #229
Special Member

Jul 2014

I think this will work as a TV show much better than Underworld will. Although I am still disappointed, it had some really great action, horror and effects work for "another Twilight knockoff" and obviously there is no way that level of polish will survive the transition to TV. It'll probably just be more like a soap opera, with the vaguest of hints to fighting demons to bookend the episodes.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:47 PM   #230
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

they'll make it into a CW tween drama lol
Old 10-13-2014, 12:02 AM   #231
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

I'm one of the people who really enjoyed the first movie, so this is pretty disappointing. I would have much rather had the sequel they promised even after the movie underperformed rather than yet another TV show.

At least the first one ends well enough to act as a standalone movie I guess.
Last Watched: Penny Dreadful: The Complete First Season (Episodes 1 & 2)
Last Bought: Snowpiercer
PSN ID: KilloWertz
"Chuck me" 9/24/07 - 1/27/12
Old 10-13-2014, 01:42 AM   #232
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008

The show could turn out great. It is sad for the cast though. I enjoyed Lily Collins in the role.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:45 AM   #233
Special Member

Oct 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by assydingo View Post
The show could turn out great. It is sad for the cast though. I enjoyed Lily Collins in the role.
Don't see why Collins wouldn't come back and do this. Not like she is exactly A list.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:51 AM   #234
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jack View Post
Don't see why Collins wouldn't come back and do this. Not like she is exactly A list.
Wouldn't it be unlikely to have her in the show unless the whole cast was back? Or the main cast at least?
Old 10-13-2014, 01:56 AM   #235
Special Member

Oct 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by assydingo View Post
Wouldn't it be unlikely to have her in the show unless the whole cast was back? Or the main cast at least?
The Clueless show had most of the same cast but a different lead. For example. People are used to castig changes these days. It's no big deal.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:36 AM   #236
Expert Member

Jul 2011

I enjoyed the film. I'm not devastated or anything by there not being a sequel. I think this could work as a TV series depending on who's involved, what network, and the cast.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:22 AM   #237
Special Member

Jul 2014

Actually, the majority of the cast could come back for TV really. Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Aidan Turner and Robert Sheehan have TV backgrounds while the rest of the cast are hardly a-list.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies