Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Gershwins' Porgy & Bess (Blu-ray)
$29.89
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Fedora (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old Yesterday, 12:37 AM   #261
Expert Member

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
The Godfather Part III had received mixed reviews from general audiences, and movie critics (like any other film). Some people liked it, and some didn't, which is typical of every movie. Besides, there are copious of sequels that shouldn't have been made from various movie directors (not only Frances Ford Coppola), but they were made anyway!
Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazar_bee View Post
The Godfather part III is nowhere near as bad as its reputation suggests. It's become an easy punchline, but it's not a poorly-made film.

How can any film stand up coming after the first two? The fact that the second one is respected is a little miracle, and a testament to just how brilliant it is on its own terms.
I saw the movies for the first time in Jan and the third one was down right booooooooooooooooooooooooooooring. I wanted to turn it off 10 minutes into the movie and wish I had because the pay off was not worth it. Al Pacino was phoning in his performance. The acting was down right unpleasant to watch. The story made absolutely no freaking sense. And there was a helicopter attack. A HELICOPTER ATTACK!!

The only thing I will give the movie credit for was the awesome performance of Joe Mantegna.

Quote:
I'm presuming you meant you don't think Coppola is right 100% of the time. Surely nobody would mean to convey his opinion is always invalid.
Yeah, that is what I said. He made Godfather III, so his decisions can never be 100% correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helloagain View Post
If he hadn't done Godfather 3, someone else would have. It could have been a Brett Ratner level disaster. The actual movie is not bad, other than the casting of his daughter. It's one of those movies that looks better after some time passes and you get over what you envisioned it to be before release. It's aged pretty well.
I would have rather someone else done it so there would have been excuse for it being a craptastrophy. I heard for years about how bad it was and I thought there was no way it could really be THAT bad. Well I was wrong as it was THAT bad.
Old Yesterday, 02:55 AM   #262
Power Member

Oct 2009
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Draculi View Post
The story made absolutely no freaking sense. And there was a helicopter attack. A HELICOPTER ATTACK!!
Hmmm. Are you sure that the story really made absolutely no sense? And what the hell's wrong with a helicopter attack?

I'm certainly not one of the world's biggest Godfather III fans but those two complaints come across as completely nonsensical.
"At a certain point in life, you realize you know more dead people than living."
Old Yesterday, 03:00 AM   #263
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Hmmm. Are you sure that the story really made absolutely no sense? And what the hell's wrong with a helicopter attack?

I'm certainly not one of the world's biggest Godfather III fans but those two complaints come across as completely nonsensical.
I bet you he auditioned for a role in one of Coppola's movies and didn't get a callback.
Best Films of 2014: 1) Noah 2) Divergent

Please read the OP and use proper English.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America