Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Judge (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Equalizer (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$5.99
ESPN Films 30 for 30: Five-Year Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray)
$99.99
Interstellar (Blu-ray)
$22.99
John Wick (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$34.49
American Sniper (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Archer: The Complete Season Five (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 9-10 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 01-22-2015, 04:22 PM   #1101
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
A character's hair/beard won't grow at a consistent pace. Like Jack on Lost...sporting the same level of stubble and short-cropped hair for like two months on the island, while every other male character eventually looked like a yeti (Jin excepted...he must have been shaving off-screen, because that dude NEVER had any facial hair).
To be fair, Jack did eventually sport a pretty Goddamned epic beard.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:24 PM   #1102
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Trapped on the Death Star

Quote:
A character's hair/beard won't grow at a consistent pace. Like Jack on Lost...sporting the same level of stubble and short-cropped hair for like two months on the island, while every other male character eventually looked like a yeti (Jin excepted...he must have been shaving off-screen, because that dude NEVER had any facial hair).
I dont think Jin can grow a beard. lol
"You might not be able to fight like a samurai, but you can at least die like a samurai." O-Ren Ishii

PSN: Emperor_Keyser
Old 01-22-2015, 05:03 PM   #1103
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Quote:
The one that gets me and is tied into it is when the guy keeps the same longer than stubble but not quite full beard all the time. I don't know about you but I trim, it grows a little and then I trim it again but you end up with guys like David Tennant in Broadchurch/Gracepoint where he constantly has the same amount of stubble all the time and it is not a 5o'clock shadow. Sure, maybe he is trimming it that length but these characters always seem to be the depressed, alcoholic guys who never have time to change thier clothes but they make time to trim?
Old 01-22-2015, 09:39 PM   #1104
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
To be fair, Jack did eventually sport a pretty Goddamned epic beard.
First, ye rubs something furry t'get a charge...then ye picks yer target...!

Selling 3D discs for The Wolverine, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Rise Of The Guardians for $10 each, $25 combined or for possible trade.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:57 AM   #1105
Special Member

Oct 2008
Dickinson, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
This applies to TV too.

When a character is drinking from a cup (usually coffee) but it's clear as day that the cup is empty. I know its just a prop but they could at least put some water in it.
Holding/carrying/drinking from an empty cup is easily identified.

It annoys me!
Not a movie, but NCIS is absolutely terrible about this!
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

... and lots of minds discuss green tint, OT vs PT, OT vs UOT!
Old 01-23-2015, 05:04 AM   #1106

Nov 2014

It bugs me when gunshots are totally silent just because there are suppressors (silencers) on them.

Yeah, they reduce the loudness by a few decibels, but a gunshot is still loud as hell even if the gun has a silencer.
Thanks given by:
SymbioticFunction (01-23-2015)
Old 01-23-2015, 05:20 AM   #1107
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post
I mean, I was watching a TV show the other night, and one guy was leveled on the ground. The other guy was sitting there pummeling him. Over and over to the face. The fact is, that guy would have been DEAD long before the guy hitting him was pulled off.
Plus, no matter how long someone pummels someone else's face into hamburger, they'll never have any lasting damage to their hands, despite the fact that any reasonably forceful punch to the skull with an unprotected fist will hurt the hand more than the skull. There was a nice refutation of the cliché in an issue of the Walking Dead comic where Rick (the lead guy) pounds a guy's face mercilessly, and at the end of it all, he's busted every knuckle on his hand and essentially turned it into a gnarled, useless claw. This never happens on the show, however...characters will just whale away on each other endlessly, with no repercussions to their fragile hands. There's a reason why boxers wear gloves, you know.
First, ye rubs something furry t'get a charge...then ye picks yer target...!

Selling 3D discs for The Wolverine, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Rise Of The Guardians for $10 each, $25 combined or for possible trade.
Thanks given by:
OptimusL (01-23-2015)
Old 01-23-2015, 06:07 AM   #1108
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2009
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronald Dump View Post
It bugs me when gunshots are totally silent just because there are suppressors (silencers) on them.

Yeah, they reduce the loudness by a few decibels, but a gunshot is still loud as hell even if the gun has a silencer.
Here's another gun related one. You sometimes see a revolver with a silencer on it in movies. My understanding is that it's actually impossible to 'silence' a revolver.
"At a certain point in life, you realize you know more dead people than living."
Old 01-23-2015, 09:03 AM   #1109
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2011
USA

Quote:
Plus, no matter how long someone pummels someone else's face into hamburger, they'll never have any lasting damage to their hands, despite the fact that any reasonably forceful punch to the skull with an unprotected fist will hurt the hand more than the skull. There was a nice refutation of the cliché in an issue of the Walking Dead comic where Rick (the lead guy) pounds a guy's face mercilessly, and at the end of it all, he's busted every knuckle on his hand and essentially turned it into a gnarled, useless claw. This never happens on the show, however...characters will just whale away on each other endlessly, with no repercussions to their fragile hands. There's a reason why boxers wear gloves, you know.
That's a good one. Reminds me of the breaking a glass bottle on a person's head cliche which was toppled in Pan's Labyrinth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Here's another gun related one. You sometimes see a revolver with a silencer on it in movies. My understanding is that it's actually impossible to 'silence' a revolver.
This piqued my interest so I Googled it and it looks like you're right, mostly. There are ways to put a silencer on a revolver if you're into customization, but it doesn't work well.
"If you die horribly... you will not have died in vain. You will have entertained us."
-Kurt Vonnegut
Old 01-23-2015, 12:55 PM   #1110
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

Villains that always miss when they shoot an RPG, as if it's just a warning shot.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:31 PM   #1111
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
Jacksonville, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Same goes for

[Show spoiler]
Old 01-23-2015, 05:52 PM   #1112
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009
Nottingham, United Kingdom

Babies crying/screaming constantly. Completely ruins the film
Old 01-23-2015, 08:01 PM   #1113
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1989 View Post
IN movies, not AT movies.

Related to the silencer/suppressor talk above, the vast majority of movies also totally gloss over how loud gunfire actually is. Most participants in your average close-quarters shootout would come out of it with some lingering hearing damage.
You can't stop progress.

Last edited by Thomas Guycott; 01-23-2015 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:36 PM   #1114
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2013
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1989 View Post
Well, that's true of life in general.
"I don't know how much movies should entertain. To me I'm always interested in movies that scar."

"Every once in a while there are actors you can defeat .... I hate earnestness in performance. Usually by Take 17 the earnestness is gone."

-- David Fincher
Thanks given by:
Monterey Jack (01-25-2015)
Old Today, 03:38 AM   #1115
Special Member

Jan 2009

People playing videogames. Most of the time they're just mashing the controller on both sides. I don't know of a game you can play where you're mashing the directional pad and the buttons at the same time. The sounds are usually from old Atari and arcade games from the 80's.
I know it's supposed to be for the ignorant who don't know the difference but these days the ignorant are the few if the statistics on the popularity of casual games among adults is true.
Samsung UN55F6400 TV
Sony STR-DN1000 Receiver
Klipsch KB-15 + KC-25 Icon & Quintet Synergy Speakers/350w SUB
LG BP125 Blu-ray Player
XBOX One + 360 Slim
Thanks given by:
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies