Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mad Max Anthology (Blu-ray)
$47.88
Star Wars: Rebels - Complete Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Hammer Horror Classics, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$38.47
The Originals: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Space Dandy: Season 2 (Blu-ray)
$37.39
The Walking Dead: Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$68.99
We Are Still Here (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Mad Max: Fury Road (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Scorpion: Season One (Blu-ray)
$39.95
Spring Breakers (Blu-ray)
$4.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2014, 02:00 PM   #681
Leonidas_King Leonidas_King is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Leonidas_King's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Miami, FL
17
1296
74
Default

Got my copy from B&N yesterday and it appears to be the Second Print. Have not opened it yet but there is a new UPC sticker on top of the original UPC code.
"GIVE THEM NOTHING! BUT, TAKE FROM THEM... EVERYTHING!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 04:33 AM   #682
georgemc98 georgemc98 is offline
Member
 
Jan 2015
Default

Does it say anywhere on the back that it is the second pressing?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:30 AM   #683
kopitarrulez kopitarrulez is offline
Special Member
 
kopitarrulez's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
Minnesota
1840
788
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larusso View Post
I have the first pressing of this one. How do I get a replacement? I bought mine at amazon.
i would like to know this as well
UV codes for sale or trade:
Oblivion, Man of Steel (2), World War Z
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:14 AM   #684
AlexIlDottore AlexIlDottore is online now
Power Member
 
AlexIlDottore's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
France
143
238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopitarrulez View Post
i would like to know this as well
Send an email to "Jon Mulvaney" (mulvaney@criterion.com)

Put something like "Eraserhead replacement blu" in the title of your email, and explain the situation. Depending on where you are, you'll either have to just email proof of purchase (outside of the US), or send them the defective disc to get a corrected disc (inside the US).
"Bastard must have died."
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 05:49 AM   #685
GasmaskAvenger GasmaskAvenger is offline
Special Member
 
GasmaskAvenger's Avatar
 
Jul 2014
Fresno, California, USA
498
408
1
Default

Picked up a copy at B&N during their ongoing Criterion sale and the disc says "Second Printing", so I got the correct disc with it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 06:04 AM   #686
Ray Jackson Ray Jackson is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Ray Jackson's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexIlDottore View Post
Send an email to "Jon Mulvaney" (mulvaney@criterion.com)

Put something like "Eraserhead replacement blu" in the title of your email, and explain the situation. Depending on where you are, you'll either have to just email proof of purchase (outside of the US), or send them the defective disc to get a corrected disc (inside the US).
Mulvaney is the man...good people.

I emailed him about a defective disc for the movie Carlos and never mentioned anything about having to send in the bad disc in order to get the new one.

Just send him an email and he'll send you a replacement...no questions asked.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 07:11 AM   #687
DetroitSquirreL DetroitSquirreL is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
DetroitSquirreL's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
Detroit, MI ~ USA
513
122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasmaskAvenger View Post
Picked up a copy at B&N during their ongoing Criterion sale and the disc says "Second Printing", so I got the correct disc with it.
Please remind me, what was the errror? I bought mine the day it came out.
MY FAVORITE BD I OWN : A Trip To The Moon (STEELBOOK)

MY 'SALE THREAD'
** thread updated 3-JULY-2015 **
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:47 AM   #688
Mr. Thomsen Mr. Thomsen is offline
Power Member
 
Mr. Thomsen's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
Denmark
359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSquirreL View Post
Please remind me, what was the errror? I bought mine the day it came out.
"It has come to our attention that at about 65 minutes into the original camera negative, from which our new 4K master was created, there are 5 seconds of black where there should be a reaction shot of Jack Nance surrounded by fades to white." - criterion
Most wanted blu-ray upgrades: Kafka, The Limey, Suspiria (remaster), Castle of Blood, The Horrible Dr. Hichcock, Kill Baby Kill, The Changeling (1980), Ringu, Ju-on, Miracle Mile, The Honeymoon Killers, Man Bites Dog, Creature (The Titan Find), Irrèversible, The Fearless Vampire Killers, The Black Hole, The Sentinel (1979), Carnival of Souls, Cat People (1942), I walked with a Zombie, Don't Go in the House, The Thing From Another World.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 02:54 PM   #689
tylergfoster tylergfoster is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
tylergfoster's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Seattle, WA
681
569
468
5
121
Default

The one I bought that had the Second Printing disc also had a UPC sticker on the plastic, over the one printed on the package.
DVDTalk Blu-ray and DVD Critic | facebook | Blu-rays and DVDs (click the tab to switch) | e-mail me | Twitter
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 03:49 PM   #690
keldons keldons is offline
Expert Member
 
Dec 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylergfoster View Post
The one I bought that had the Second Printing disc also had a UPC sticker on the plastic, over the one printed on the package.
can confirm it was the same for me, this might be the only way you can tell without seeing the disc
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:34 AM   #691
GasmaskAvenger GasmaskAvenger is offline
Special Member
 
GasmaskAvenger's Avatar
 
Jul 2014
Fresno, California, USA
498
408
1
Default

As I watch the HD transfers of the shorts and the film itself offered on the disc, i'm proud to say that upgrading Eraserhead to blu-ray via this release was $18 well spent.

Its definitely quite the upgrade from the old DavidLynch.com/Absurda DVD from a decade ago. Get it cheap from Barnes & Noble while you can.

EDIT: Watching the "Stories" documentary that was on the old DVD and it seems like Criterion fixed the weird green tint that would occasionally pulsate in and out throughout. Interesting thing to note.

Last edited by GasmaskAvenger; 07-13-2015 at 09:50 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
RogueKnite (07-25-2015)
Old 07-26-2015, 06:47 PM   #692
RogueKnite RogueKnite is offline
Active Member
 
RogueKnite's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
Poughkeepsie, NY
213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasmaskAvenger View Post
As I watch the HD transfers of the shorts and the film itself offered on the disc, i'm proud to say that upgrading Eraserhead to blu-ray via this release was $18 well spent.

Its definitely quite the upgrade from the old DavidLynch.com/Absurda DVD from a decade ago. Get it cheap from Barnes & Noble while you can.

EDIT: Watching the "Stories" documentary that was on the old DVD and it seems like Criterion fixed the weird green tint that would occasionally pulsate in and out throughout. Interesting thing to note.
EXACTLY what I wanted to hear, thanks!
Before we get started, does anyone want to get out?
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:46 PM.