Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Game of Thrones: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Jurassic World 3D Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$39.49
ESPN 30 for 30: O.J. - Made in America (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Twin Peaks: The Original Series, Fire Walk With Me & The Missing Pieces (Blu-ray)
$49.24
London Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Supergirl: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$36.99
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Frankenstein: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.61
Hammer Horror 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.96
The BFG (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Pan's Labyrinth (Blu-ray)
$27.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 07-26-2016, 02:00 PM   #1501
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoswald View Post
I hope Dr. Strange doesn't fall in with the Avengers as soon as he's asked to join them. It would be cool if he holds them in a vague sense of disdain, as if he feels they're scrabbling around playing dress-up, whilst he has a truer handle on the bigger picture considering his powers and all. I don't know, maybe there's no precedence for that kind of thing in the comics, but Strange seems like he has an incredible amount of power.
I could go for this.
Maybe Infinity Wars 2/Avengers 3.5 he might decide to join...or even later, just helping in these movies.
(Pre-)ordered/Shipped: Civil War Zavvi SB / Zootropolis Zavvi SB
For Sale/Trade:
Wanted: Nova Captain America: TWS Lenti SB / Deadpool Kimchi One Click (or at least a lenti) SB
Old 07-26-2016, 02:01 PM   #1502
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalekbuster523Bluray View Post
Given how Fox are apparently seriously considering sharing X-Men with Marvel, I'd say there's a good chance. 'Phase 4: Fantastic Four' pretty much writes itself. Having said that, Fox will probably wait to see how Spider-Man: Homecoming does first.
Marvel and Fox.....please yes!!

I need to see Iron Man, Rocket and Deadpool verbally ripping each other on screen ... one day
(Pre-)ordered/Shipped: Civil War Zavvi SB / Zootropolis Zavvi SB
For Sale/Trade:
Wanted: Nova Captain America: TWS Lenti SB / Deadpool Kimchi One Click (or at least a lenti) SB
Old 07-26-2016, 02:08 PM   #1503
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeslek View Post
Marvel and Fox.....please yes!!

I need to see Iron Man, Rocket and Deadpool verbally ripping each other on screen ... one day
I wonder if Deadpool will appear in Phase Five?
2016 films ranking:

1. Ghostbusters (2016) - 5/5
2. The Jungle Book (2016) - 5/5
3. Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them - Yet To Release
Old 07-26-2016, 02:23 PM   #1504
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeslek View Post
I could go for this.
Maybe Infinity Wars 2/Avengers 3.5 he might decide to join...or even later, just helping in these movies.
I'm glad someone got what I was trying to articulate. It's like Strange has powers that are beyond the limits of time and space almost. He can shape reality as he seems fit. Next to a guy in a flying Iron suit and a jacked-up soldier, Strange is practically a god. Therefore, with that amount of power one would assume he would also eventually come to gain some pretty profound insights into existence, and therefore the constant pow-wow and self-gratification gained from being an Avenger would seem almost beneath him, almost as if he were demeaning his gifts by being caught up in these foolish human escapades. I'd love to see a scene where Strange basically cuts through the bull, takes people to one side, and reminds them of the bigger picture. That would lend some incredible emotional depth to the spectacle IMO.
Thanks given by:
willtopower (07-26-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 05:57 PM   #1505
Special Member

Apr 2014
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoswald View Post
I'm glad someone got what I was trying to articulate. It's like Strange has powers that are beyond the limits of time and space almost. He can shape reality as he seems fit. Next to a guy in a flying Iron suit and a jacked-up soldier, Strange is practically a god. Therefore, with that amount of power one would assume he would also eventually come to gain some pretty profound insights into existence, and therefore the constant pow-wow and self-gratification gained from being an Avenger would seem almost beneath him, almost as if he were demeaning his gifts by being caught up in these foolish human escapades. I'd love to see a scene where Strange basically cuts through the bull, takes people to one side, and reminds them of the bigger picture. That would lend some incredible emotional depth to the spectacle IMO.
You're actually really spot on with the character, especially with his priorities and primary concerns. My favourite thing about him is that he essentially has no rules.

To my knowledge he's never officially joined the avengers even in the comics, only the secret avengers. Much of that has to do with some of what you wrote. As the sorcerer supreme he has to deal with many things no one else really can.
Thanks given by:
dgoswald (07-26-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 06:03 PM   #1506
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by willtopower View Post
You're actually really spot on with the character, especially with his priorities and primary concerns. My favourite thing about him is that he essentially has no rules.

To my knowledge he's never officially joined the avengers even in the comics, only the secret avengers. Much of that has to do with some of what you wrote. As the sorcerer supreme he has to deal with many things no one else really can.
Hehe, thanks, I've never read a Strange comic, so I'm basing all of my musings on the two trailers that have been released. But, yes, I'd like to see him as the voice of reason or pillar of stability that can be trusted to keep a calm head and see the bigger picture. Cumberbatch has the presence and skills to pull that off IMO. If, however, Marvel stick to the "Stark is king" line, then ugh, what a waste.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Tags
comic book movie, doctor strange, marvel, mcu, supernatural