Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Captain America: Civil War 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Aliens (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
Suicide Squad 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.95
Lone Wolf and Cub (Blu-ray)
$79.99
DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Preacher: Season One (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Strategic Air Command (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Legend of Tarzan (Blu-ray)
$27.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2016, 02:00 PM   #1501
yeslek yeslek is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
yeslek's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK
233
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoswald View Post
I hope Dr. Strange doesn't fall in with the Avengers as soon as he's asked to join them. It would be cool if he holds them in a vague sense of disdain, as if he feels they're scrabbling around playing dress-up, whilst he has a truer handle on the bigger picture considering his powers and all. I don't know, maybe there's no precedence for that kind of thing in the comics, but Strange seems like he has an incredible amount of power.
I could go for this.
Maybe Infinity Wars 2/Avengers 3.5 he might decide to join...or even later, just helping in these movies.
(Pre-)ordered/Shipped: Civil War SB / Captain America: TWS / Daredevil S1 Zavvi SB / Ghostbuster's 2016 Zavvi SB / Star Trek Beyond HMV SB / Suicide Squad HMV SB /
For Sale/Trade:
Wanted:
KimchidDVD SB, Deadpool Kimchi Lenti (or one click) SB, Drive Nova Lenti SB
Wishlist/Due: Ghostbuster's + Ghostbuster's 2 HMV SB's, Heroes Reborn SB, Nightcrawler Nova SB, Zootropolis SB,
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 02:01 PM   #1502
yeslek yeslek is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
yeslek's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK
233
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalekbuster523Bluray View Post
Given how Fox are apparently seriously considering sharing X-Men with Marvel, I'd say there's a good chance. 'Phase 4: Fantastic Four' pretty much writes itself. Having said that, Fox will probably wait to see how Spider-Man: Homecoming does first.
Marvel and Fox.....please yes!!


I need to see Iron Man, Rocket and Deadpool verbally ripping each other on screen ... one day
(Pre-)ordered/Shipped: Civil War SB / Captain America: TWS / Daredevil S1 Zavvi SB / Ghostbuster's 2016 Zavvi SB / Star Trek Beyond HMV SB / Suicide Squad HMV SB /
For Sale/Trade:
Wanted:
KimchidDVD SB, Deadpool Kimchi Lenti (or one click) SB, Drive Nova Lenti SB
Wishlist/Due: Ghostbuster's + Ghostbuster's 2 HMV SB's, Heroes Reborn SB, Nightcrawler Nova SB, Zootropolis SB,
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 02:08 PM   #1503
Dalekbuster523Bluray Dalekbuster523Bluray is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Dalekbuster523Bluray's Avatar
 
Aug 2014
12
21
60
6
3
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeslek View Post
Marvel and Fox.....please yes!!


I need to see Iron Man, Rocket and Deadpool verbally ripping each other on screen ... one day
I wonder if Deadpool will appear in Phase Five?
2016 films ranking:

1. Ghostbusters (2016) - 5/5
2. The Jungle Book (2016) - 5/5
3. Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them - Yet To Release
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 02:23 PM   #1504
dgoswald dgoswald is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
dgoswald's Avatar
 
May 2015
61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeslek View Post
I could go for this.
Maybe Infinity Wars 2/Avengers 3.5 he might decide to join...or even later, just helping in these movies.
I'm glad someone got what I was trying to articulate. It's like Strange has powers that are beyond the limits of time and space almost. He can shape reality as he seems fit. Next to a guy in a flying Iron suit and a jacked-up soldier, Strange is practically a god. Therefore, with that amount of power one would assume he would also eventually come to gain some pretty profound insights into existence, and therefore the constant pow-wow and self-gratification gained from being an Avenger would seem almost beneath him, almost as if he were demeaning his gifts by being caught up in these foolish human escapades. I'd love to see a scene where Strange basically cuts through the bull, takes people to one side, and reminds them of the bigger picture. That would lend some incredible emotional depth to the spectacle IMO.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
willtopower (07-26-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 05:57 PM   #1505
willtopower willtopower is offline
Special Member
 
willtopower's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
California
773
39
38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoswald View Post
I'm glad someone got what I was trying to articulate. It's like Strange has powers that are beyond the limits of time and space almost. He can shape reality as he seems fit. Next to a guy in a flying Iron suit and a jacked-up soldier, Strange is practically a god. Therefore, with that amount of power one would assume he would also eventually come to gain some pretty profound insights into existence, and therefore the constant pow-wow and self-gratification gained from being an Avenger would seem almost beneath him, almost as if he were demeaning his gifts by being caught up in these foolish human escapades. I'd love to see a scene where Strange basically cuts through the bull, takes people to one side, and reminds them of the bigger picture. That would lend some incredible emotional depth to the spectacle IMO.
You're actually really spot on with the character, especially with his priorities and primary concerns. My favourite thing about him is that he essentially has no rules.

To my knowledge he's never officially joined the avengers even in the comics, only the secret avengers. Much of that has to do with some of what you wrote. As the sorcerer supreme he has to deal with many things no one else really can.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
dgoswald (07-26-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 06:03 PM   #1506
dgoswald dgoswald is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
dgoswald's Avatar
 
May 2015
61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willtopower View Post
You're actually really spot on with the character, especially with his priorities and primary concerns. My favourite thing about him is that he essentially has no rules.

To my knowledge he's never officially joined the avengers even in the comics, only the secret avengers. Much of that has to do with some of what you wrote. As the sorcerer supreme he has to deal with many things no one else really can.
Hehe, thanks, I've never read a Strange comic, so I'm basing all of my musings on the two trailers that have been released. But, yes, I'd like to see him as the voice of reason or pillar of stability that can be trusted to keep a calm head and see the bigger picture. Cumberbatch has the presence and skills to pull that off IMO. If, however, Marvel stick to the "Stark is king" line, then ugh, what a waste.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:50 PM   #1507
HimmelBlau HimmelBlau is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
HimmelBlau's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
The coast.
Default

New Pics...



  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Blumacaw (08-23-2016), Sean B. (08-02-2016)
Old 08-02-2016, 05:51 PM   #1508
NARMAK NARMAK is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
NARMAK's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
United Kingdom
137
18
Default

Does Tony Stark know his arc reactor got stolen and made green?
500GB PS3
Panasonic 50VT20B
PSN ID: NARMAK

Last edited by NARMAK; 08-02-2016 at 07:32 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
yeslek (08-03-2016)
Old 08-02-2016, 06:48 PM   #1509
Dalekbuster523Bluray Dalekbuster523Bluray is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Dalekbuster523Bluray's Avatar
 
Aug 2014
12
21
60
6
3
1
Default

I'm getting a real 'Robert Downey Jnr Iron Man' vibe from Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange.
2016 films ranking:

1. Ghostbusters (2016) - 5/5
2. The Jungle Book (2016) - 5/5
3. Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them - Yet To Release
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:54 PM   #1510
imsounoriginal imsounoriginal is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
imsounoriginal's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
US of A
2
3
Default

Saw the trailer again in front of Ghostbusters (I think?) and it looks great, especially in 3D, but that folding city thing always makes me think of Inception and it's annoying as hell. (Inception's not annoying, just that I'll probably be taken out of the moment in Doctor Strange when I see the actual movie.)
Top 25 | Aliens | Amadeus | Annie Hall | Casablanca | Chinatown | The Dark Knight | Days of Thunder | Die Hard | Drive | Fargo | The Fugitive | The Godfather, Part II | Goldfinger | Goodfellas | Lawrence of Arabia | The Lord of the Rings | Psycho | Pulp Fiction | Raiders of the Lost Ark | The Shining | The Silence of the Lambs | Star Wars | The Sting | Unforgiven | Zodiac | 2016 Movie Rankings |
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 07:30 PM   #1511
Captain Flint Captain Flint is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Captain Flint's Avatar
 
Apr 2015
Ohio
347
38
1
Default

Just a few short months to go
Favorite movies of the year so far (in no particular order):

1. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
2. Captain America: Civil War
3. Suicide Squad
4. Deadpool
5. Hardcore Henry
6. The Revenant
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 07:34 PM   #1512
NARMAK NARMAK is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
NARMAK's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
United Kingdom
137
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
Saw the trailer again in front of Ghostbusters (I think?) and it looks great, especially in 3D, but that folding city thing always makes me think of Inception and it's annoying as hell. (Inception's not annoying, just that I'll probably be taken out of the moment in Doctor Strange when I see the actual movie.)
When I first saw that scene I instantly felt it was ripping Inception off and no way to escape away from that even with the extra action scenes they tried to insert. Heck, the reason Inception looked so damn good was because of how much was realistically done and augmented by CG. This is more CGI laden.

I will hopefully enjoy the movie but I'm skeptical of a few story choices they've made. I really enjoyed the animated Marvel Dr Strange origin. Was amazing.
500GB PS3
Panasonic 50VT20B
PSN ID: NARMAK
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 07:37 PM   #1513
dgoswald dgoswald is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
dgoswald's Avatar
 
May 2015
61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalekbuster523Bluray View Post
I'm getting a real 'Robert Downey Jnr Iron Man' vibe from Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange.
Really? I see bemusement and initial disbelief on his part, mostly. Unless you mean the facial hair.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 07:58 PM   #1514
Sean B. Sean B. is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Sean B.'s Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga
135
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimmelBlau View Post
New Pics...

[Show spoiler]

Very cool
You best start believing in ghost stories, Miss Turner... You're in one!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:23 PM   #1515
Dalekbuster523Bluray Dalekbuster523Bluray is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Dalekbuster523Bluray's Avatar
 
Aug 2014
12
21
60
6
3
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoswald View Post
Really? I see bemusement and initial disbelief on his part, mostly. Unless you mean the facial hair.
I mean as in Benedict Cumberbatch is going to be THE Doctor Strange in the same way many consider Robert Downey Jnr to be the definitive Iron Man.
2016 films ranking:

1. Ghostbusters (2016) - 5/5
2. The Jungle Book (2016) - 5/5
3. Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them - Yet To Release
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
yeslek (08-03-2016)
Old 08-02-2016, 08:32 PM   #1516
BozQ BozQ is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
BozQ's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
Singapore
181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalekbuster523Bluray View Post
I mean as in Benedict Cumberbatch is going to be THE Doctor Strange in the same way many consider Robert Downey Jnr to be the definitive Iron Man.
Like RDJ became the face of the Avengers, you reckon Benedict Cumberbatch will be the new face of MCU from Phase 4 onwards.

Cumberbatch is a very busy artiste. He has a lot of other commitment and I'm genuinely surprised he accepted Marvel's offer. So I don't know if he's going to appear in many future MCU movies.

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE using Tapatalk
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:34 PM   #1517
Dalekbuster523Bluray Dalekbuster523Bluray is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Dalekbuster523Bluray's Avatar
 
Aug 2014
12
21
60
6
3
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BozQ View Post
Like RDJ became the face of the Avengers, you reckon Benedict Cumberbatch will be the new face of MCU from Phase 4 onwards.

Cumberbatch is a very busy artiste. He has a lot of other commitment and I'm genuinely surprised he accepted Marvel's offer. So I don't know if he's going to appear in many future MCU movies.

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE using Tapatalk
Benedict Cumberbatch comes across like a workaholic to me. I think he'll be there if he enjoys it.
2016 films ranking:

1. Ghostbusters (2016) - 5/5
2. The Jungle Book (2016) - 5/5
3. Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them - Yet To Release
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:41 PM   #1518
dgoswald dgoswald is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
dgoswald's Avatar
 
May 2015
61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalekbuster523Bluray View Post
I mean as in Benedict Cumberbatch is going to be THE Doctor Strange in the same way many consider Robert Downey Jnr to be the definitive Iron Man.
I can see that. If he knocks it out of the park, he might get his own ensemble film (Secret Avengers) where he's the top guy in his little group of off-kilter heroes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:43 PM   #1519
Dalekbuster523Bluray Dalekbuster523Bluray is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Dalekbuster523Bluray's Avatar
 
Aug 2014
12
21
60
6
3
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoswald View Post
I can see that. If he knocks it out of the park, he might get his own ensemble film (Secret Avengers) where he's the top guy in his little group of off-kilter heroes.
Secret Avengers could be a more magical/supernatural version of Guardians of the Galaxy.
2016 films ranking:

1. Ghostbusters (2016) - 5/5
2. The Jungle Book (2016) - 5/5
3. Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them - Yet To Release
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:46 PM   #1520
Dante20161 Dante20161 is offline
Junior Member
 
Dante20161's Avatar
 
Aug 2016
Hinckley, Leicestershire, UK
Default

I'm looking forward to this film when it comes out as I like all the marvel films I've seen so far
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Tags
comic book movie, doctor strange, marvel, mcu, supernatural

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:41 AM.