Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Alien Anthology and Prometheus (Blu-ray)
$19.98

The Strain: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99

How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Edge of Tomorrow 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Defiance: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Godzilla 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99

A Million Ways to Die in the West (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-ray)
$14.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 09-21-2014, 04:15 PM   #1521

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieLarkin View Post
It's further down on the home page, when release day came around. Both titles were posted with the warning "Order before we are sold out again!". There's no reason to say that if there is to be additional pressings until the rights expire, but rather, if this first pressing is the one and only.
No reason other than marketing hype.

Do you really believe that "Order before we are sold out again" is proof that there will only be one production run? Do you also believe McDonald's has said they will never bring back the McRib because the last time they said it was "for a limited time only"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefactory View Post
I think that just based on their entire history, it's a good idea to buy sooner rather than later. They have a history of losing rights and having to pull releases and having things go OOP with no warning. I am glad I bought most of their stuff when it was released cause a lot of it abruptly vanished. It's possible these two will actually stay in print for a while cause they're finally bare-bones enough to appease Toho, but who knows.
That's a legitimate concern. The issue I was responding to is the leap from "this may go out of print without warning. If you don't buy it now you may miss it", which is valid advice, to "this is a limited run. If you don't buy it now you will miss it".

Conjecture, no matter how reasonable, is not fact and shouldn't be stated as such.

Last edited by CraigThom; 09-21-2014 at 04:22 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:17 PM   #1522
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
Upstate New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigThom View Post
No reason other than marketing hype.

Do you really believe that "Order before we are sold out again" is proof that there will only be one production run? Do you also believe McDonald's has said they will never bring back the McRib because the last time they said it was "for a limited time only"?
Well considering they had Destroy All Monsters previously available for a short run and people haven't really been able to get their hands on it for a long time, I think the reason why they believe this could be accurate is because of Media Blaster's history with distributing that film.
2012 favs: Prometheus, Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures, Universal Classic Monsters, The Terminator (UK), E.T. (digibook), JAWS (digibook), Walking Dead Season 2 w/ Zombie Head, Full Metal Jacket (digibook), Star Trek TNG Season 1, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Casablanca, Game of Thrones Season 1, Cleopatra (UK)
Thanks given by:
eastx (09-21-2014)
Old 09-21-2014, 05:47 PM   #1523

Feb 2010

for Godzilla vs Megalon: does anyone have any issues for the frame hiccups that can be seen at the bottom of the movie? it only happens almost every time when it switches to a different scene.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:08 PM   #1524
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2008
North Carolina

Glad I already got mine. I cancelled my Amazon order and went with one of their sellers and it came out to about the same price.
"If we're about to die anyways, I'd rather die fighting! Come for me Gmork, I am Atreyu!"

"...but you will always be homosexual Michael, always, until the day you die."

" I told you 158 times I hate little notes on my pillow. 'We are all out of Corn Flakes F.U.' it took me three hours to realize that F.U. stood for Felix Ungar."
Old 09-21-2014, 07:19 PM   #1525
Special Member

Oct 2012
WI, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthemesc View Post
for Godzilla vs Megalon: does anyone have any issues for the frame hiccups that can be seen at the bottom of the movie? it only happens almost every time when it switches to a different scene.
What do you mean "have any issues for"?
Old 09-21-2014, 10:53 PM   #1526

Sep 2009

My copy has the issues with the jarring during scene changes too. It makes it almost unwatchable.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:05 PM   #1527

May 2014

One must also consider the length of the term MB licensed these two films for from Toho originally. Was it a 5 year contract, 6, 7 or more? They first released DAM in 2011 and may have had acquired the rights for a year or so before that. I'm sure the clock didn't stop ticking when DAM was pulled off the market for a year or so, either. So MB's license to these two films could be expiring in a year or two anyway.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:23 AM   #1528
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Quote:
It's part of the print so not much can be done about it, can't say it bothered me at all but the increased brightness was far more annoying luckily though I found I could adjust the black levels on my TV to compensate for it.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:48 AM   #1529
Special Member

Oct 2012
WI, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingghidrah309 View Post
My copy has the issues with the jarring during scene changes too. It makes it almost unwatchable.
Toho busted their master somehow, their own release of it just zoomed in on the picture to crop the flickers out, but then of course it's missing picture information the 90% of the time there's not a flicker on the screen.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:01 AM   #1530
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingghidrah309 View Post
Oh please.
Just a fly in the ointment. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass.
Thanks given by:
eastx (09-22-2014)
Old 09-22-2014, 04:26 AM   #1531
Site Manager

Aug 2006
USiberia

Quote:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....05#post9691105
Old 09-22-2014, 08:24 AM   #1532
Expert Member

Jun 2014
canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal King View Post
Yeah it's Jet Jaguar and Godzilla as the good guys, with Megalon and Gigan as the bad guys. Basically a monster tag team WWE match.
thanks. i'm going to start watching every Godzilla movie i can find, in order of date of release. i've always wanted to
Quote:
Just off the top of my head, and I could be wrong, Godzilla started turning into a good guy in Ghidorah the Three-Headed Monster. He was mostly, if the good guy, then at least not THE bad guy, from then on. He was the bad guy in GMK. I have not seen Return of Godzilla/'85.
thanks. i always thought he just showed up as a bad guy in japan and raised hell
Old 09-22-2014, 01:55 PM   #1533

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah_wentworth View Post
thanks. i'm going to start watching every Godzilla movie i can find, in order of date of release. i've always wanted to

thanks. i always thought he just showed up as a bad guy in japan and raised hell
If you have Hulu Plus you can find a lot of them there.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:19 PM   #1534

Sep 2014
USA

I'm not bothered in the slightest by the lines to be found at the bottom of the frame throughout the movie. What I am bothered about is the ghosting to be found throughout the movie. It's not constant, but at random times throughout the movie, it'll start ghosting for a second or less than. The DVD never did this. It isn't my TV either. I've paused the movie and you can see the ghosting in individual frames. I then put on the DVD (the special edition version) and paused the same frames and there's no ghosting in the frames. I guess I'm just super picky about my video, because I haven't seen anyone mention this.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:52 AM   #1535
Special Member

Oct 2012
WI, USA

Weird that the site review makes no mention of those omnipresent edit lines on Megalon despite talking about debris. Maybe he zoomed in the picture like Toho?
Old 09-23-2014, 06:23 AM   #1536
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefactory View Post
Weird that the site review makes no mention of those omnipresent edit lines on Megalon despite talking about debris. Maybe he zoomed in the picture like Toho?
He either didn't notice or didn't give a shit.

I'm surprised he managed to get a copy at all to review!!
Just a fly in the ointment. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:48 AM   #1537
Expert Member

Jun 2014
canada

Quote:
If you have Hulu Plus you can find a lot of them there.
awesome. this will keep me busy for a long time
Old 10-02-2014, 07:38 PM   #1538

May 2013
Toronto
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlock View Post
As well as missing the commentary, trailers, and other extras, as well as missing the original American International US English dub track on the film itself.
I found a new DAM still sealed today and sure enough, it has all the extras!
Old 10-02-2014, 08:06 PM   #1539

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauvoir View Post
I found a new DAM still sealed today and sure enough, it has all the extras!
What???? you lucky SOB
Old 10-02-2014, 09:17 PM   #1540

May 2013
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by acantho View Post
What???? you lucky SOB
Haven't opened it yet....
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America